Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Marijuana and Creativity
    #7168450 -

Does anyone else find that they are more creative when they are stoned? Is there a medical reason for that? Does THC allow us to use a different part of our brain or is it that we are more disconnected from reality when we're high so it allows us to think and feel things in more of a fantasy world type of way?

I haven't smoked in weeks, and although there are definite benefits from being clean such as waking up in the morning and actually having energy, I find the lack of creativity and deeper thought to be a major drawback. Is this all in my head or can you all relate?


--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana and Creativity [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #7168487 -

Honestly, I am more mellow and relaxed when I am stoned, but I think I still have the same creativity, i honestly think it is all in your mind.
I just hate spacing things off what people tell me, when I have been smoking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana and Creativity [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #7168491 -

DrCamacho89 said:
Does anyone else find that they are more creative when they are stoned?
Is this all in my head or can you all relate?



I relate very much so. I checked with my hus who agreed that ones pre-conceived notions of oneself are more suspended thus allowing your already existing imagination/creativity to blossom forth. We all have wellsprings that can be tapped into. The body can take a back seat to the soul and mind temporarily. lol
Why do you feel tired after smoking pot? I find it doesn't effect me while a mushroom trip leaves me feeling like I went far away and back...hmmmm like a trip. Perhaps you engage in smoking a bit too late at night? There's the Mum part of me again....forgive me!
xxxooo MIC


--------------------

My inner child runs with scissors but plays nicely with others!

Sometimes the light's all shine'in on me,
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me,
What a looong strange trip it's been! ~ Truck'in

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana and Creativity [Re: MyInnerChild]
    #7168513 -

I feel more creative and inspired to draw pictures when I am tripping on LSD or mushrooms..more then just weed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana and Creativity [Re: MyInnerChild]
    #7168519 -

It's more of a fogginess than a tiredness, like a constant headache around the eyes, but that may also have come from the excessive amount I was smoking in the last 6 months. When I start smoking again, I am really going to limit myself to only evenings (except occasionally during the day on weekends) and try to only smoke once a day, 3 days a week.

I find I communicate with people better when I'm smoking, not just when I'm high but when marijuana is a part of my routine. My girlfriend disagrees though. She says I'm more irritable and introverted, but I think that's just because I'm thinking more and get lost in my thoughts. I like getting lost in my thoughts.


--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana and Creativity [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #7168539 -

I definitely think it increases my creativity. Before I started smoking pot I did very shitty in organic chemistry, but the day after smoking I think I can comprehend orgo better. When I do photography it's blatantly obvious that I get more creative and artsy when I am stoned.

A thing that just completely killed my creativity: antidepressants (SSRIs, welbutrin). So glad I am off of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana and Creativity [Re: Gumby]
    #7171253 -

My husband..also ADD but with different symptoms from mine (starting projects and not finishing....finishing but leaving power tools plugged in...etc.) also likes getting lost in his thoughts...I, the female in the relationship want to talk, making observations, jokes etc. while high.

He doesn't. He isn't being irritable, just introspective and that's okay. I just have to keep reminding myself to keep quiet. If it's at night, which it invariably is, I'm down and so my thoughts are all over the place and I want to observe unfettered...out loud. It's not a good mix...I let him kindly remind me that after listening for a while he needs just to lie quietly.


Have a gr8 week-end!


--------------------

My inner child runs with scissors but plays nicely with others!

Sometimes the light's all shine'in on me,
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me,
What a looong strange trip it's been! ~ Truck'in

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana and Creativity [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #7171348 -

One of the intentions behind my marijuana use is definatley artistic and creativity geared.

I love to talk while high.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana and Creativity [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #7171360 -

When I smoke once a week, I'm definitely more creative.

When I smoke every day, it's like, duuuuhhhhhh...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana and Creativity [Re: Middleman]
    #7171372 -

In my moments of delusion I consider my occupation to be that of a writer and also a filmmaker and I find that the things I create in those moments that are under the influence of marijuana usually get a much bigger reaction than the things I write or create when I'm straight.

I really enjoy the deep thinking and almost trance like state that weed puts me into. I can figure out or accomplish just about anything if I'm baked.


--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Marijuana-Induced Creativity RebelSteve33 1,412 9 06/24/10 03:35 AM
by XiC_clone
* Does Marijuana make you thick. stickyicky13 1,032 19 11/08/06 03:00 PM
by Bowers
* Excellent Article!!!!! (Marijuana Codes: What stoners can learn from Christians) Psilocybeingzz 1,905 11 04/11/07 09:27 AM
by memes
* marijuana PiperAtThyGates 561 8 12/18/05 01:33 PM
by trendal
* Let's talk about marijuana.
( 1 2 3 all )
GreatGigInTheSky 4,677 57 08/07/05 08:09 PM
by elaspeinreason
* bad vibes from The SImpsons medical marijuana episode
( 1 2 all )
question_for_joo 4,593 30 05/28/05 05:27 PM
by Learyfan
* Marijuana Patients. GabbaDj 876 3 10/10/06 12:03 AM
by HB
* Creative Genius Psilocybeingzz 1,084 5 03/31/07 03:02 AM
by Psilocybeingzz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
945 topic views. 4 members, 16 guests and 114 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.