Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Excellent Article!!!!! (Marijuana Codes: What stoners can learn from Christians)
    #6611169 - 02/26/07 12:19 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Marijuana Codes: What stoners can learn from Christians

In the first three centuries AD, Christianity was on the rise but officially unaccepted. In many places, it was extremely dangerous to be known as a Christian. The Romans and Jews were both persecuting Christians for their failure to adhere to the belief structure and moral precepts of the controlling power. That’s right - early Christians were the counterculture.

Since it was so dangerous to be known as a Christian, followers used a subtle way to find each other. They began using the symbol of the fish. One rebel would draw an arc in the sand and, if the person he was speaking to was also a rebel, that person would draw an opposing arc over the first, creating the symbol of a fish. They were brothers.

Secret codes are common among oppressed numerical minorities. Whether you fly a rainbow flag, a fist in the air, or the Stars and Stripes, if you feel you are the member of a mistreated group, chances are you have found some way to connect with others who feel the same way. Today’s marijuana users are no different.

‘420’ is clearly the marijuana fish. It’s ubiquity, however, has rendered it useless as a subtle form of communication. So stoners often ad hoc their way to connection by asking about ‘a cousin named Mary’ or inviting another ‘to have salad with dinner.’ But creativity and paranoia can sometimes be a bad combination. I have personally turned down an invitation to watch the Packers and discuss greenhouse emissions with co-workers because I was not clever enough to draw my arc in the sand.

Some refuse to go low profile. Whether they’re in the Fuck You Phase or have simply recognized how unsubtle most of our codes really are, they call marijuana ‘marijuana’ and ask for an ‘eighth,’ not ‘one member of the Brady family.’ Unfortunately, a few of these folks get martyred.

Ann Greenfield is a 34 year-old schoolteacher from Western Kentucky. Last Thursday, Ms. Greenfield decided to send a text message to her dealer to find out about picking up some marijuana. She misdialed.

Across town, Kentucky Trooper Trevor Pervine was enjoying dinner with his parents when he received a text message on his phone. Pervine thought the message was a prank and went along with it.

Ms. Greenfield was charged with conspiracy to traffic in controlled substances within 1,000 feet of a school, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.

“Technology got her this time,” Kentucky State Police spokesman Barry Meadows said. “She learned her lesson. Program your dealers into your phone.”

And draw those arcs! Although it sometimes feels like prohibition has ended, we must still be careful. There is a proper time and place to refuse to be silenced, and it is not when we are most at risk.

Eventually, marijuana must be brought into the open and normalized in public conversation. Up to one-third of all Americans alive (about 100 million people) have tried marijuana and have had a peek at the truth. But this must be done smartly. Marijuana is still federally illegal and thousands upon thousands of people have their lives ruined every year because of this.

So please…be vocal when you can, but careful when you must. And don’t be ashamed to draw the first arc.

http://www.onmarijuana.com/2007/02/24/marijuana-codes/

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Excellent Article!!!!! (Marijuana Codes: What stoners can learn from Christians) [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6773794 - 04/11/07 02:45 AM (17 years, 10 days ago)

BUMP

--------------------

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: Excellent Article!!!!! (Marijuana Codes: What stoners can learn from Christians) [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6773861 - 04/11/07 04:35 AM (17 years, 10 days ago)

:blah::blah::blah::blah:

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Excellent Article!!!!! (Marijuana Codes: What stoners can learn from Christians) [Re: Sinbad]
    #6773865 - 04/11/07 04:42 AM (17 years, 10 days ago)

I'm not a Christian myself, and I'm not pushing Christianity on anyone.
I just think this a good article. Don't be such a troll about it. That shit is well bellow what I've come to expect from you. How sad.

--------------------

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #6773870 - 04/11/07 04:48 AM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Expectations lead to disappointment. Lesson number learned grasshopper.  :yoda:

--------------------

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery

#6773874 - 04/11/07 04:54 AM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Kind of disappointing, I thought they were going to say 420 was referenced in the bible.

--------------------
]

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #6773875 - 04/11/07 04:54 AM (17 years, 10 days ago)

That same article was posted in our News forum not too long ago. Good read, but damn, what a silly mistake that teacher made.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #6773964 - 04/11/07 06:15 AM (17 years, 10 days ago)

shouldn't it be "what christians can learn from stoners"????

me thinks so!! :spliff:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over
    #6774027 - 04/11/07 06:58 AM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Yeah.. switching your DEALER'S number with a COP'S? That's the worst thing that could have happened.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#6774243 - 04/11/07 08:57 AM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

“She learned her lesson. Program your dealers into your phone.

sage advice, if you ask me ...

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Excellent Article!!!!! (Marijuana Codes: What stoners can learn from Christians) [Re: Sinbad]
    #6774247 - 04/11/07 08:58 AM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Sinbad said:
:blah::blah::blah::blah:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: Excellent Article!!!!! (Marijuana Codes: What stoners can learn from Christians) [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6774293 - 04/11/07 09:27 AM (17 years, 10 days ago)

haha thats so funny - randomly mis-dialing a number and it just HAPPENED to be a trooper.

thats some grade A comedy.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale