Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Mentally Handicapped
    #6897435 -

I think that as a whole, the world stands much to learn from the mentally handicapped, or retarded as they were previously called. Or even special.

Anyways. The reason why I say this is they seem to be almost the perfection of the human race, in a twisted way. They are happy. They are happy, no matter how crappy their job. They don't want things. For the most part, but typically when pushed by society, they are not violent. They don't care what other people think about them. They seem to make the best of everything and don't lose being children at heart. They are innocent and carefree. They don't worry about the stupid shit, they just are.


--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^


--------------------------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mentally Handicapped [Re: trippindad82]
    #6897440 -

I think the term you are using is far too general and non-specific to convey the truth that you are alluding to. Some of these individuals are probably not even experiencing being alive and are incapable of interacting with or understanding the world they exist within in any relevant manner. And yet their parents will still drag them out to eat on a Sunday morning in some restaurant and subject everyone else to the weird noises they make... Its like holding a doll and pretending its a little, alive girl. Humans are fucked in the head in some degrees...


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mentally Handicapped [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6897490 -

But we don't really know, what's going on in their heads.
People, of course, can be dramatically mentally handicapped, but even, then, they (a) are not planning sneaky evil plans, nor (b) rant, ramble physically in a deliberately way for (c) purposefully destroy or damage things or people.
At least, if they are not completely 'insane'.


--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
......................................................
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mentally Handicapped [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6897512 -

fireworks_god said:
I think the term you are using is far too general and non-specific to convey the truth that you are alluding to. Some of these individuals are probably not even experiencing being alive and are incapable of interacting with or understanding the world they exist within in any relevant manner. And yet their parents will still drag them out to eat on a Sunday morning in some restaurant and subject everyone else to the weird noises they make... Its like holding a doll and pretending its a little, alive girl. Humans are fucked in the head in some degrees...



I am sorry. You gave me a chuckle with your description there. Those to me are the same kind of people that led to the puddle brained Terri Shiavo bullshit. I should have said people who have "limited" mental retardation, if there is even a way to measure that. Most of the special people that I have met thus far in my life might struggle in many areas but excel in one area. Like an old neighbor of mine in California. He was "special" and probably did struggle in many areas being that he was Down. But one thing that blew my mind and still does to this day was that he knew EVERY person in the area and even their phone number for those who were listed. That is something that I would have to work at and this person had it down like it was nothing. Yet, I could have lapped him in other subjects. So, like the art thing I brought up earlier, intelligence is subjective. Look at the movie (I know it's a fictional story, but it always makes me feel good inside when I watch it) Forest Gump.


--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^


--------------------------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mentally Handicapped [Re: trippindad82]
    #6897538 -

Dude mentally handicapped is still mentally handicapped, as in having some brain deficiencies. Do you really think that this is the right way, even if they behave in a peaceful manner? I can't tell what level of awareness they have, it could be much bigger then ours but it also could be smaller.
I understand where you're getting at and that you're arguing about why can't we be peaceful and loving and calm as they are
But still I'd love to be peaceful and kind to those around me making that choice when being as aware as possible. not because my brain is maybe having a biological deficiency which stops me from feeling anger or which stops me from manifesting it.


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mentally Handicapped [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6897603 -

fireworks_god said:
And yet their parents will still drag them out to eat on a Sunday morning in some restaurant and subject everyone else to the weird noises they make... Its like holding a doll and pretending its a little, alive girl. Humans are fucked in the head in some degrees...



Uh, holy sketchy comment... I never would've expected it from you. A human being who experiences the world differently than you or I is like a chunk of plastic in the form of a baby? I dunno man, that's a pretty fucking not cool thing to say. Who are you to decide what qualifies as a human experience of living?

**I'm not trying to be the PC police, but sometimes you just gotta call people out.:shrug:

Edited by NiamhNyx (05/10/07 12:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mentally Handicapped [Re: trippindad82]
    #6897637 -

I have a soft spot for mentally handicapped people. They really set my compassion alert off. Whenever I hear an inspiring story about handicapped people in the news I get really choked up. Lately I have been thinking about maybe volunteering to help handicapped children in some way. Anyone know about any volunteer options?

But yeah they are certainly interesting and give you a different perspective on human life and thought. In many ways they seem more loving and gentle. Kind of like they stop developing before the point that they are going to get all bitter and crabby like the rest of us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mentally Handicapped [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #6897750 -

i was thinking this recently.

children, animals, realized humans, some of the "handicapped" seem to share this presence in the now devoid of abstractions (unhealthy) that come with being a "normal adult"


--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mentally Handicapped [Re: leery11]
    #6898063 -

I work with an autistic teenager and I'm friends with his sister. She told her parents once when she was young that she wished she could be like Eric because his life consists of pleasure (watching tv, listening to music, not having to work). Her parents didn't take kindly to her wish because they know the limitations of his handicap while she has the world at her fingertips. It's sad to think how much of life is dependent on socialization but there isn't a way around it; c'est la vie. Having to deal with a handicapped child is a heart breaking experience sometimes and a wonder other times. Please don't sensationalize the tribulations some people have to go through and be thankful you can do so many things.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mentally Handicapped [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6898286 -

fireworks_god said:
I think the term you are using is far too general and non-specific to convey the truth that you are alluding to. Some of these individuals are probably not even experiencing being alive and are incapable of interacting with or understanding the world they exist within in any relevant manner. And yet their parents will still drag them out to eat on a Sunday morning in some restaurant and subject everyone else to the weird noises they make... Its like holding a doll and pretending its a little, alive girl. Humans are fucked in the head in some degrees...



Hey asshole just cause i have a slight case of down syndrome doesnt mean i cant go out and eat a regular fucking breakfest like the rest of the world. Fuck off.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mentally Handicapped [Re: AJ4U]
    #6898453 -

AJ4U said:
Hey asshole just cause i have a slight case of down syndrome doesnt mean i cant go out and eat a regular fucking breakfest like the rest of the world. Fuck off.



Well, you've clearly misread my statement, and you have obviously failed to read the rules of this forum. In a couple of days, when access is restored, please review them.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mentally Handicapped [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #6898478 -

NiamhNyx said:
Uh, holy sketchy comment... I never would've expected it from you. A human being who experiences the world differently than you or I is like a chunk of plastic in the form of a baby? I dunno man, that's a pretty fucking not cool thing to say. Who are you to decide what qualifies as a human experience of living?




Well, I was clearly referring to extreme cases, the point at which someone cannot communicate with the world in any way or even provide for their own existance by undergoing basic activities like feeding themselves. I'm not referring to "a human being that experiences the world differently", I'm referring to someone who cannot possibly provide for their own survival in even the most basic ways.

If another human being wishes to devote the time to provide for their survival, that is their decision, but likening it to a child carrying around a doll and pretending it is truly alive is not far off. I couldn't contemplate how this perspective on the matter could be considered "cruel", but simply an honest assessment of the situation.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mentally Handicapped [Re: trippindad82]
    #6898495 -

The world has nothing to learn from the mentally handicapped other than the dangers of careless, unrestricted breeding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mentally Handicapped [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #6898571 -

Quote:
Kind of like they stop developing before the point that they are going to get all bitter and crabby like the rest of us.




:lol:  I don't think that being bitter and crabby reflects a higher degree of personal development.  Someone who has the cognitive tools necessary to fully experience & enjoy being alive, yet uses them against themself, is clearly mentally handicapped in a different way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mentally Handicapped [Re: Veritas]
    #6898620 -

I used to work in a gas station, and one time I caught this "handicapped" guy Randy stealing cigarettes. He tried to roundhouse kick me and fell down. I laughed. Not all of them are peacefull, or happy.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mentally Handicapped [Re: blewmeanie]
    #6898942 -

blewmeanie said:
I used to work in a gas station, and one time I caught this "handicapped" guy Randy stealing cigarettes. He tried to roundhouse kick me and fell down. I laughed. Not all of them are peacefull, or happy.



:thumbup:

And the truth was revealed


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mentally Handicapped [Re: FocusHawaii]
    #6898980 -

FocusHawaii said:
I work with an autistic teenager and I'm friends with his sister. She told her parents once when she was young that she wished she could be like Eric because his life consists of pleasure (watching tv, listening to music, not having to work). Her parents didn't take kindly to her wish because they know the limitations of his handicap while she has the world at her fingertips. It's sad to think how much of life is dependent on socialization but there isn't a way around it; c'est la vie. Having to deal with a handicapped child is a heart breaking experience sometimes and a wonder other times. Please don't sensationalize the tribulations some people have to go through and be thankful you can do so many things.



Just so you know autistic people are not retarded. They are often more intelligent than normal people. Retarded people have just as much of a right to be here as we do. They may experience reality differently, but aren't they happier? Isn't happiness all that really matters in the end? The universe is bound to collapse into itself anyways, I might as well be as happy as fucking possible.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Edited by robbyberto (05/10/07 07:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mentally Handicapped [Re: robbyberto]
    #6898994 -

Quote:
Just so you know autistic people are not retarded. They are often more intelligent than normal people. Retarded people have just as much of a right to be here as we do. They may experience reality differently, but aren't they happier? Isn't happiness all that really matters in the end? The universe is bound to collapse into itself anyways, I might as well be as happy as fucking possible.



Yes very true.
In fact, they seem to have some abilities that if "normal" people would have then, they would be considered very intelligent or even geniuses.


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mentally Handicapped [Re: trippindad82]
    #6899073 -

trippindad82 said:
I think that as a whole, the world stands much to learn from the mentally handicapped, or retarded as they were previously called. Or even special.

Anyways. The reason why I say this is they seem to be almost the perfection of the human race, in a twisted way. They are happy. They are happy, no matter how crappy their job. They don't want things. For the most part, but typically when pushed by society, they are not violent. They don't care what other people think about them. They seem to make the best of everything and don't lose being children at heart. They are innocent and carefree. They don't worry about the stupid shit, they just are.



Trouble is they can't survive without help. But maybe if we all knocked ourselves on the head a few dozen times it would make the world a better place. :thumbup:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mentally Handicapped [Re: Icelander]
    #6899354 -

My wife teaches special ed in a school and I can tell you that these individuals face more emotional anguish than normal people. The myth of the eternally happy retarded person is a myth.


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Sex with the mentally handicapped.
( 1 2 all )
Phluck 3,106 27 09/24/03 12:25 PM
by Anonymous
* Mental retardation Epigallo 1,213 14 05/13/07 05:27 PM
by No_Life_G33k
* Psychedelics and Physical handicaps postalboy 889 9 06/13/02 12:50 PM
by deepr
* Victim Mentality Anonymous 3,786 2 11/13/04 07:48 PM
by question_for_joo
* Mental Intensity gettinjiggywithit 1,266 17 12/15/04 02:56 PM
by gettinjiggywithit
* Belief without evidence is mental illness
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
OrgoneConclusion 7,133 80 01/10/08 03:36 PM
by wyldeman007
* Why the confusion between spirituality and mental illness? OrgoneConclusion 1,984 12 09/12/07 01:06 PM
by Icelander
* Mental Health versus Mysticism and Self-Sacrifice SkorpivoMusterion 2,155 0 03/29/06 07:57 PM
by SkorpivoMusterion

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,851 topic views. 1 members, 9 guests and 114 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.