Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anyone here drive a sebring?
    #6876184 -

I am thinking about buying a used one for my wife. One under 45k/30k miles.

I only see positive reviews for them online.

Anyone here have experience w/ them?


--------------------
:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here drive a sebring? [Re: theuser]
    #6876242 -

i used to be a valet, and i fucked HATED chrystlers. I dont understand why, for the money, ANYONE would ever ever ever ever buy those pieces of crap.

unless you get either a 300M or a 300C hemi


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here drive a sebring? [Re: theuser]
    #6876257 -

Here's a pic of my buddy's Sebring. It's pretty reliable.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here drive a sebring? [Re: theuser]
    #6876262 -

i drive 07 models all the time, not bad. drove older models too, didn't like them as much

but if you get a good deal go for it, you cant beat low kilometers

don't listen to car fanboys, it means nothing


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here drive a sebring? [Re: barfightlard]
    #6876359 -

yeah I find fanboys to be meh too.

There is an 02 here w/ 35k miles for $7000.....


--------------------
:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here drive a sebring? [Re: theuser]
    #6876372 -

fan boy? screw that noise. you can either get the most for your dollar or not. up to how much research you do.

you can get some amazing vehicles for $7000. but, god forbid, you might have to learn something about cars.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here drive a sebring? [Re: Colbadol]
    #6876401 -

I don't know anything about cars. :smirk:

I like the luxury options it has for her. Plus, it comes w/ a car alarm and it's a convertible.

It looks like on epinions it got mostly smiles...

Hrm....

Okay mr guy, suggest a car for 5-10k used. We are coupe people.
:crazy2:

Edited by theuser (05/05/07 03:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here drive a sebring? [Re: theuser]
    #6876638 -

ya gotta list a bit more criteria than that man. and the fact that it's for your wife changes things quite a bit. how comfortable are you working on cars?

eh, i keep forgetting. whenver im looking for cars, i look for fun and driveability. I would buy something for 2-3k, and put some work into it as a fun project car. if it's for your wife, however, handling and speed probably dont matter. get her a chrystler. but remember. the reason why chrystlers are so cheap is because their resale sucks. get as many 'luxury' options as possible to help counter this. all of the old ones which i drove at my job were crappy as hell. the steering felt really bad, the shifting felt bad...



which is more important; reliability or luxury?
personally, i would just get her a bullet-proof Toyota corolla with as many options as possible. It's safe, front-wheel drive, cheap, economical, and reliable....perfect for a wife. not only will it last forever, but resale for toyotas and hondas is pretty good, too.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here drive a sebring? [Re: Colbadol]
    #6876773 -

Naw, other than spark plugs I pay other people to work on it.

um, automatic ya. I drove a new camery, 06, and it felt shitty :frown:

Maybe I'll get her a 4 door then. I honestly don't think she cares wtf it is as long as it's not a pos.

I'm the picky one. But we got a 350z planned for me... :yesnod:

btw... I hear they are working on a 450z w/ an infiniti v8 to compete w/ porche. I'm sure that will be far out of my price range so I'm looking for a used 04+ manual 350z to pimp out. supercharge/system.. that's prob it on the mods...



BTW, since you are a car pro, are synthetic oils worth the steep price? I mean do they make THAT much difference?

Also, for the 350z, what can one do to ensure longevity. I know that letting the car idle/run it at low rpm till oil is on everything until you gun it. But is there anything else? This car WILL be abused speed wise.


--------------------
:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here drive a sebring? [Re: theuser]
    #6876792 -

synthetic oil, imo, is good to use if the car started with it, and youve used it every single oil change since.
but to go from regular oil to synthetic is a waste. not sure where i heard that.
truth is, though, that if you have any kind of oil leak or if you burn oil at all, synthetic oil will make you leak/burn even more due to it's cohesion properties.

and i think youre talking about warming up the engine before you drive it? there is a lot of contention around this, ...as with breaking in new cars. the truth is, with modern oil technology, you dont have to warm up at all. this warm-up-your-car myth was only true back in the day.

you should snoop around www.automotiveforums.com
youll find everything you ever wanted to know about everything automotive


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here drive a sebring? [Re: Colbadol]
    #6876904 -

Get her a civic or a honda accord.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here drive a sebring? [Re: Colbadol]
    #6877041 -

Colbadol said:
synthetic oil, imo, is good to use if the car started with it, and youve used it every single oil change since.
but to go from regular oil to synthetic is a waste. not sure where i heard that.
truth is, though, that if you have any kind of oil leak or if you burn oil at all, synthetic oil will make you leak/burn even more due to it's cohesion properties.

and i think youre talking about warming up the engine before you drive it? there is a lot of contention around this, ...as with breaking in new  cars. the truth is, with modern oil technology, you dont have to warm up at all. this warm-up-your-car myth was only true back in the day.

you should snoop around www.automotiveforums.com
youll find everything you ever wanted to know about everything automotive



Thanks, cool forum.

Sigh, my focus now has ANOTHER problem, this fucking thing just fell apart this week that's why we are finally dumping it. It's chugging. :sad:

So far this week, the syncros/clutch is starting to go out, some weird noise by the front tire when I hit a bump and now the chugging.

This is at 88k miles, abused.


--------------------
:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here drive a sebring? [Re: Colbadol]
    #6877057 -

Hah,I've never owned a car that i didn't have to let warm up,and build Oil pressure.I have a whole procedure of idle/rev/build up and whatnot I've developed over the years. when i drive new cars i still do it, way beyond habit at this point.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here drive a sebring? [Re: CaptainH13]
    #6877149 -



--------------------
:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here drive a sebring? [Re: theuser]
    #6877229 -

theuser, you gotta give a better description than that. youre dumping a car after 88k miles?

what's wrong with it? what happens? SPECIFICALLY


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here drive a sebring? [Re: Colbadol]
    #6877247 -

I just said, the syncro's and clutch are going out. If I hit a bump on the front driver side it makes a clunking noise.

And now as of today it chugs, like the fuel gets cut off and lurches.

I'm getting the Z and my woman needs a car and she'll want an auto not this manual focus, so these are just more reasons to dump it.

Plus, it's good to build credit for buying a house.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here drive a sebring? [Re: theuser]
    #6877432 -

if you already have one car for the household that can be used for shopping and traveling, etc.
why not do the world (and yourselves) a favor and get her a good bike? Youll have so much more money which can be spent elsewhere. No gas or insurance costs, low maintenance, PLUS your wife will get a smokin hot body. hell, how about you bike too?
millions of people commute by bike to work. it's easy and pretty fun, too.

http://bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=294847


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here drive a sebring? [Re: Colbadol]
    #6877508 -

She already has a hot body. She needs one for school, it's 20 miles away. :tongue:

I work out at home... however I am looking for an excersize bike... a used one. :tongue:


--------------------
:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is there any reason you'd recommend against buying a Chrysler Sebring convertible?
( 1 2 all )
c1dh3d 3,527 38 10/20/10 11:32 PM
by wellage
* . *DELETED* AmazonianGuru 474 7 02/19/13 06:13 PM
by something super extreme
* What kind of car do you drive?
( 1 2 3 all )
theuser 5,208 40 01/08/06 12:18 PM
by Rylmonkey
* Synthetic pheromone review
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 4,512 34 03/25/05 08:40 AM
by Shroomism
* Organic Vs. Synthetic Anubis 2,113 15 04/10/05 11:57 AM
by baraka
* Synthetic Urine kristen 2,082 12 04/25/07 10:02 PM
by kristen
* Windoze killed my hard drive DreaMaTrix 3,134 15 10/06/02 06:57 PM
by ShroominSpradl
* Lets talk about impared driving, and sleep deprivation ZippoZM 1,803 15 08/04/06 12:53 PM
by Gillette

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
870 topic views. 1 members, 23 guests and 226 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.