Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Cubs Call Up Cherry, Pie
    #6824381 -

HILARIOUS

Quote:
Also Monday, the Cubs put pitcher Wade Miller on the 15-day disabled list with middle back spasms and recalled reliever Rocky Cherry before Monday's game against the Milwaukee Brewers.



Quote:
After Soriano was hurt, the Cubs called up Felix Pie, projected as their center fielder of the future. What happens to Pie when Soriano returns is still undetermined.



Also, Mark Prior had exploratory surgery today.

:congrats:


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cubs Call Up Cherry, Pie [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6824441 -

I think Pie will be a very good player.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cubs Call Up Cherry, Pie [Re: robbyberto]
    #6824648 -

We'll see...

The fact that he's a center-fielder with a good arm makes me nervous. If Larry Rothschild gets his hand on him, he wont be able to throw to the cut off man, much less the plate.

And he strikes out alot, something which every other Cubs picher does with alacrity...


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cubs Call Up Cherry, Pie [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6832723 -



--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cubs Call Up Cherry, Pie [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6832763 -

I saw that on Sportscenter a bit ago. No big suprise to me.

Meanwhile, Lilly is pitching a gem thus far today. One hit through 4 innings and the Cubs just got a run for him. Looks like they might get more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cubs Call Up Cherry, Pie [Re: Deadmaker]
    #6832770 -

Poor Ben Sheets can't catch an injury break...left the game with a groin strain.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cubs Call Up Cherry, Pie [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6832780 -

I saw that he was out, but was unaware as to why because I just turned on the game. MLB TV was being buggy there for a while and not letting me watch anything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cubs Call Up Cherry, Pie [Re: Deadmaker]
    #6832794 -

Do you get a lot of "buffering...buffering..."?


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cubs Call Up Cherry, Pie [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6832820 -

Not usually, but I was just a bit ago. I generally do not have any problems at all. It seems to be just fine right now.

It is on WGN though so I coulda just turned on my tv and watched it  :foreheadslap:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cubs Call Up Cherry, Pie [Re: Deadmaker]
    #6832852 -

Lee FINALLY hits his first of the year. Maybe Soriano will hit one sometime soon too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cubs Call Up Cherry, Pie [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6832952 -

I'm disappointed. His name is not pronounced Pie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cubs Call Up Cherry, Pie [Re: Deadmaker]
    #6833115 -

Pee'a


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cubs Call Up Cherry, Pie [Re: Deadmaker]
    #6833357 -

Deadmaker said:
I'm disappointed. His name is not pronounced Pie.



LOL.

It was kind of an in-print joke. Doesnt really work verbally. Do you not pay ANY attention to the Cubs? How is that possible? I dont even like the White Sox, but I still know all the starting and bench players, and most of the prospects...

But you dont live in Chicago, do you?


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cubs Call Up Cherry, Pie [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6833359 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2849094



At least we werent counting him this year...


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cubs Call Up Cherry, Pie [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6833397 -

Nah, I do not live in or near Chicago. I do not pay anymore attention to the Cubs than I do, say the Diamondbacks, which is practically no attention. A lot of it is because they are in the National League, which I tend to despise. Part of it is because their announcing team makes my ears bleed. The only reason that I watched the game today is because it was the only baseball game on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Soriano...
( 1 2 all )
Madtowntripper 2,029 23 04/17/07 03:42 PM
by zappaisgod
* Soriano to ChiSox...Done Deal? Madtowntripper 1,027 6 07/24/06 09:11 PM
by Deadmaker
* cubs sign soriano Vvellum 827 6 11/20/06 07:42 PM
by Vvellum
* Trade Soriano!!
( 1 2 3 all )
whattheheck 5,435 53 06/20/08 07:22 PM
by whattheheck
* Alfonso Soriano whattheheck 1,158 15 05/02/08 10:54 PM
by whattheheck
* Soriano Out, Will Cubs Trade For Outfielder? Madtowntripper 1,040 8 08/07/07 09:28 AM
by Madtowntripper
* the cubs... Banez 1,935 14 12/13/06 08:52 AM
by Madtowntripper
* Shroomery baseball 2011
( 1 2 3 4 ... 42 43 )
zappaisgod 34,998 851 02/14/12 05:35 AM
by zappaisgod

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
944 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.