Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Avatar change issues/long delay
    #6786644 -

I've been experiencing problems when I try to change my avatar. Either the change does not take effect at all, or I have to select the avatar several times before it changes, or it only changes after a 15-20 minute delay.

I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.11.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Avatar change issues/long delay [Re: Veritas]
    #6786646 -

Can you give an example of an avatar URL which causes this problem?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Avatar change issues/long delay [Re: Ythan]
    #6786662 -

Most recently:

url=http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/07-15/657002145-artisticnude019.jpg][/url

(end brackets removed so that you can read the text)

But this problem has occurred with all of the uploaded pics I've tried to use. All of them must be "resized" now that the avatar size is limited, and I am given the choice between 3 resized images. After I choose the image, and click "continue," the change does not take effect, or it must be repeatedly chosen, or it takes effect much later.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Avatar change issues/long delay [Re: Ythan]
    #6786716 -

Others using IE can see my updated avatar.  :confused:

Edited by Veritas (04/14/07 11:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Avatar change issues/long delay [Re: Veritas]
    #6786772 -

SHIFT + RELOAD = Fix to 98% of problems posted in this forum.


--------------------
Uncleluke, getting his assbeat, then he tries to delete it
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6355469#Post6355469
Tomato-Faced Banez
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5933438#Post5933438
Dexter's Thesaurus
beer = guinness
smoke = vaporize
pubers = reasons to be pro-choice

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Avatar change issues/long delay [Re: Veritas]
    #6786777 -

I can see it now, but I couldn't see it back when you were mentioning uploading it but not seeing it - IE user.

Its probably just a cache thing though, shift + refresh should take care of it. :grin:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Avatar change issues/long delay [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6786799 -

"Clear Private Data" worked for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Avatar change issues/long delay [Re: Veritas]
    #6786807 -

Same operation, different procedure. :grin:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Avatar change issues/long delay [Re: Veritas]
    #6787979 -

:blush: sorry I didn't read your post thoroughly enough. I thought you were experiencing a delay after clicking 'submit' and having the changes saved. But yeah if everything goes okay and your avatar just doesn't change, this is a caching issue. Shift-reload will fix it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Avatar change issues/long delay [Re: Veritas]
    #6790061 -

Just a quick update... I've made it so every time you change your avatar, the image gets a unique filename. This should resolve any caching issues. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Avatar change issues/long delay [Re: Ythan]
    #6790251 -

Thanks, Ythan!  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Experiencing Technical Difficulties... Anonymous 2,644 18 09/27/02 03:18 PM
by 3DSHROOM
* IRC Issue Continued Senor_Doobie 3,450 17 02/05/04 11:03 AM
by Senor_Doobie
* toatlly diffrent non flamming irc issue Calbha 897 6 02/02/04 07:48 PM
by Alien
* Problem with Forum Displaying Threads.... fireworks_godS 2,661 16 11/23/03 09:44 AM
by fireworks_god
* avatars TrippeeChik 1,884 8 05/25/02 12:43 PM
by TrAnCyNuGz
* Problems Posting - Not A Valid Host AnnoA 1,964 4 12/07/03 04:03 PM
by Xochitl
* Temporary Server Issues...
( 1 2 all )
PapaverS 7,901 38 12/12/03 12:33 PM
by MycoFactory
* ATT - resized avatars AnnoA 4,088 19 10/05/02 12:06 AM
by Anno

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Thor, Seuss, geokills
1,222 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.