Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD   Amazon Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: Poor Mans Terr.+?
    #67461 - 12/03/99 01:37 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i was also curious about the poor mans setup(2 liter bottles) and if anyone has used this method with sucess. i havnt started yet, im just researching and educating myself so any feedback would be wonderfull.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePermaGrin
    #67463 - 12/04/99 11:00 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Although I am not familiar with the specifics behind the poor man's terrerium, I must add that back when people started really talking about perlite, I threw together a little setup to test it for myself.

First I cut the entire tapered part of a plastic two liter bottle off, leaving me with a fat cylinder, and a crude dome shaped lid, that I could fit back on with just a little effort. Then I put about 2-3 inches of perlite in the bottom. Next I added water, fortified with a nice splash of h2o2 to about an inch plus of depth. I put a cake on top of the perlite, and sealed my little bio-dome. Every morning when I woke up, and every night before I went to bed, I opened it up,a nd let all fresh air. Results were one heavy cake flush, and a mild second flush.

[This message has been edited by PermaGrin (edited December 04, 1999).]

Anonymous

#67464 - 12/05/99 01:49 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I used that set-up on my last two cakes. Its a real pain in the ass. I fanned them every twelve hours and they still showed signs of not enough air circulation (small caps, long thin stems, lots of aborts). 2-liter bottles are also a little unstable; way to easy to knock over. If you absolutely have to keep it that small, good luck. Otherwise go to Wal-mart and get a rubbermaid tub. They make them in very convenient sizes.

Anonymous

#67465 - 12/05/99 01:17 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

thanks, i think i'm going to try out the rubbermaid containers with perlite humidification. hopefully everything will work out.

peace friends.

Offlinekbone
enthusiast
    #67466 - 12/05/99 03:16 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Screw the pop bottle idea!!!! ice cream buckets work excellent and can by easily accessed by opening the lid, plus you can use the sea of shroom method really good with them, easy to hide :smile:

Don't look so frightened, this is just a passing phase

Anonymous

#67467 - 12/06/99 12:34 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Ice cream buckets sounds like the way to go, thanks a lot. I think I'm on the right track now, and it saves me messing around with 2L bottles.

Anonymous

#67468 - 12/06/99 06:58 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Just a thought, what if you cut the top off of a plastic gallon water jug on an angle, and used cling wrap for the top. With perlite enabled humidity could this work?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD   Amazon Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation