Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Lazy-Ass EQ
    #66826 - 11/27/99 11:32 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I found that my EQ's are taking an extremely long time also, I have followed the technique to the T, and stil they are just taking there time.

------------------
Peace
Blue

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#66828 - 11/27/99 12:04 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I am having the exact problem. My cakes have been in the chamber ready to pin for 4 weeks. I'm going to do a quickie vermiculite casing today just to make sure they're not drying out or something...

Do they need to be cold shocked or something to get the pins going??

Anonymous

#66829 - 11/27/99 12:07 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I am having the exact problem. My cakes have been in the chamber ready to pin for 4 weeks. I'm going to do a quickie vermiculite casing today just to make sure they're not drying out or something...

Do they need to be cold shocked or something to get the pins going??

Anonymous

#66830 - 11/29/99 08:18 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

extremely minor success here... same setup with a pf double ended 100% verm. casing and I see a pin now....

hopefully more to follow....

------------------
...and in the end, my mushrooms ate me...

Anonymous

#66831 - 11/29/99 09:02 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Have any of you tried cold shocking them? I haven't grown the eq's without cold shocking them, but I do cold shock them, and it only takes about 3 days afterwards that I see pins. Also, I monitor the temp that the cold shocking is, and I cold shocked to where it got down to 58 degrees. I only put an ice bottle over the tray.
Oleander

------------------
Do you answer questions, or question answers?

Anonymous

#66832 - 12/01/99 11:38 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I'll have to try that! What kind of setup do have going? Have you tried deep scratching them?

I am worried that my temp might be fluctuating too much (~65-85 daily) since I live in high desert...

Do I need to keep this a constant temperature or is this ok??

Anonymous

#66833 - 12/01/99 11:40 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I'll have to try that! What kind of setup do have going? Have you tried deep scratching them?

I am worried that my temp might be fluctuating too much (~65-85 daily) since I live in high desert...

Do I need to keep this a constant temperature or is this ok??

Anonymous

#66834 - 12/02/99 01:51 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I am using birdseed cased with pure vermiculite, in a cool mist setup. After cold shocking, my temps fluctuate quite a bit, I just finished picking my first flush yesterday, and am thinking of cold shocking again...
Oleander

------------------

OfflineComa of Souls
kunt whore

Loc: Vancouver island, British...
    #66835 - 12/02/99 01:59 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

do you need to cold shock if u want another flush?

------------------
your gunna die in the end
anyways so what dus it really matter?

--------------------
im a weeeeezel look at me *weeze* *weeze*

Anonymous

#66836 - 12/03/99 07:53 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I don't really know, but I'm going to.

Does anyone else know?
Oleander

------------------

Anonymous

#66837 - 12/03/99 12:09 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

My very close friend found cold shocking works. This time of year you could find a cold place (garage?) and put you whole terrarium there for a couple of days. DO NOT FREEZE! This keeps the system sealed from contams and reduces time to pin dramatically. However, he says this strain seems to just take it's time more than some others.

Also, if you're cased be sure to reduce humidity and increase oxygen (decrease CO2) and this will help.

Look up Apprentices Tek in the Grow/Find section under Casing. Good stuff.

------------------
There is a fungus amongus - Dr. Scholl

OfflineFried Brains
    #66838 - 12/06/99 01:44 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Case the the darn cakes and they will normally pin in 1-2 weeks. Growing on cakes
without casing is generally a bit of a waste of cakes. The closer to nature your process, the more successful you will be. Ecuadors are potent kick ass shrooms, good luck !

Anonymous

#66839 - 12/06/99 01:58 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for all of the advice. I cased two of the cakes on Thursday in vermiculite, and the mycelium that I can see thru the sides is starting to make its way to the surface. The first fluch from the other two jars produced two decent sized fruits, a couple of medium sized, and a little handful of retarded abhorts. Total weight dried was 2.5 grams. And you are right on about the potency.

Saturday night at 7:30, under the close supervision of Miss Sarah Beth, I weighed out 2 grams of dehydrated fun-guys, chopped them up in a coffee grinder, and blended it up w/orange juice and sugar to taste. It was a wonderful tasting orange smoothie, and no hint of nasty fungus taste. The process of chopping, blending, and mixing with citric acid must draw out the active ingredients, because in less than 20 minutes after finishing my smoothie I was starting to feel myself being pulled quite swiftly down into the couch and the familiar world of the abstract, absurd, and of the spirit. At the risk of sounding whacked out of my skull (which I am not), I can say with all honestly that last night was THE most moving experience I have had to date. Imagine every nerve in your body pulsating and radiating with amazing pleasurable tingling sensations. And at the same time having ABSOLUTE clarity of thought, a sense that time has frozen, and an unmistakable sense of divine existence, an appreciation for life, love, and nature more powerful than anything I have ever felt. The body wants to move in rhythm with some unheard music, possibly the ebb and flow of life energy. Besides the wonderful tingling (and I do mean wonderful), the clarity of thought, and the overwhelming happiness that I felt, I think that the most cleansing aspect of the whole journey was the sense that all of my complicated layers and protections systems, my fears, doubts, self-esteem issues, and ego just melted away, and I felt like and innocent child again. And sex is truly amazing. I can see how it would be a frightening ordeal for someone to view the world with no preconceptions, to finally realize the ultimate truth of life, and to sit and ponder in awe and wonder at the miracle of creation. I remember as I laid there, trying to communicate my visions to Sarah, I discovered that I was speaking to her in broken fragments, and drifting off in the middle of sentences. I had the sense that I was receiving messages from outside, and I felt compelled to communicate the message. I have never in my life shed tears because of overwhelming joy, but I did last night, and when I woke up the next morning, I felt a little drained, but peaceful. I looked out the window to see the world covered in pure white snow, and thick heavy snowflakes drifting down to the ground. It put a BIG smile on my face, I felt like it was a good omen, and I'm convinced that last night I had successfully stripped away all of those emotional burdens I've been carrying around with me, and that I have been given another chance to remake myself. And I must return to the spirit wold again if I ever find myself sliding back into the old negative life patterns.

All in all, I think it was a successful experiment, another life changing experience for me, and yet another reminder that the rules of life that I've grown up with are not always there to protect me, but to keep the prospect of an intense spiritual and life altering experience out of the hands of those people whose minds are not strong enough to comprehend it (namely the types of people who end up in management/political fields of work for some reason).

titworm out

------------------
"At work they showed me how to open the door by pulling on the handle, so now I don?t have to hurl myself through the glass anymore." -anonymous

Anonymous

#66840 - 12/06/99 03:30 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

titworm,

its funny you mention the "orange juice extracrtion." Off my first batch ever of the little fun gys I gave most of them away before testing them. To my utter dismay nearly everyone who tried them gave them thumbs down.

So when I tried it I wasn't looking for anything, so I blended them up in O.J. WHAM! When eaten dry they probably don't digest right or something. After telling everyone about the blend, mash, pulverize theory they tried again and went to another plane for quite a while.

I suppose the more "pre-digested" the better the trip.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract