Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Torrents
    #6671519 -

I posted this over in OTD, so I'll sum up my issue and hope the pub can help where OTD has let me down. :frown:

I'm trying to track down Futurama, Family guy, and Lost full seasons in decent quality.  Problem is, I cant find any FAST torrents.  Best speeds  I'm getting are in the 1 to 3KB/sec range.  I know my torrenting software is fine as I've downloaded some other things and are currently downloading at roughly 50KB/sec.

If someone can find a decently fast tracker for any of the above, or just wants to let me leech them directly speak up! 

p.s. Granny loves you.


--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Torrents [Re: mndfreeze]
    #6671544 -

I got the entire series of Futurama from torrentspy in about 2 days.


--------------------


There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Torrents [Re: AaronEvil]
    #6671553 -

try searching at btjunkie.org

Here's a few results:
http://btjunkie.org/torrent?do=stat&id=4136ab14f1a2c31360089d22579abe270a2eb6c6033a
http://btjunkie.org/torrent?do=stat&id=384692d43fee3a0558fd93bc55cd805a17ee5246b4ea
http://btjunkie.org/torrent?do=stat&id=43247be3137befc5461bfeba8dd5efb35b43368eddd5

Here's a tip: Some search engines will give you a torrent, and list a number of trackers which serve it. But, when you download the torrent, only one of those might be in your downloaded .torrent. So, add the others manually if that's the case.


--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Torrents [Re: mndfreeze]
    #6671576 -

Even if there are a few seeders and so u figure it'll download pretty fast, some people limit there upload speed to a certain amount, say 1kb/s. That could be a reason why it's downloading so slow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Torrents [Re: AaronEvil]
    #6671601 -

AaronEvil said:
I got the entire series of Futurama from torrentspy in about 2 days.



Ditto, and as for Family Guy I'd suggest single episodes at a time, they seem to have more seeds than whole seasons.


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Torrents [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #6671723 -

Koala Koolio said:
try searching at btjunkie.org

Here's a few results:
http://btjunkie.org/torrent?do=stat&id=4136ab14f1a2c31360089d22579abe270a2eb6c6033a
http://btjunkie.org/torrent?do=stat&id=384692d43fee3a0558fd93bc55cd805a17ee5246b4ea
http://btjunkie.org/torrent?do=stat&id=43247be3137befc5461bfeba8dd5efb35b43368eddd5

Here's a tip: Some search engines will give you a torrent, and list a number of trackers which serve it. But, when you download the torrent, only one of those might be in your downloaded .torrent. So, add the others manually if that's the case.




Can you tell me how I get the list of the additional trackers and seeders to add? As well as add them? I use the normal bittorrent client and there is an 'add peer' option.


--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Torrents [Re: mndfreeze]
    #6671866 -

oh man.. futurama is so great.. can't wait till groening finishes it


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Torrents [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #6671907 -

I cant wait until I have EVERY EPISODE on my drive.

GOD DAM YOU SLOW TORRENTS. BRING BACK SOFTWARE WITH NO UPLOAD/dOWNLOAD CAPS!

I've moved up on my 1KB/sec torrents to between 5 and 20KB/sec depending on which, only one at 2KB/sec now. and a sINGLE one at 45KB/sec.


horrid I said.


--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Torrents [Re: mndfreeze]
    #6671924 -

2 for you to try for futurama...

http://isohunt.com/download/14777507/futurama
http://isohunt.com/download/14137174/futurama

You can do the rest @ www.isohunt.com site kicks ass!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Torrents [Re: funkface]
    #6671932 -

Yeah, I'd also recommend Isohunt. I'm pretty sure they list all the trackers for each torrent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Torrents [Re: belligerent]
    #6671947 -

Well, I just added in some torrent tracker for firefox thart uses all the main ones listed so far. It really seems though I literally have to have 1k+ peers and at least 500 seeders to get an decent speeds regardless of whom its thrugh


I am going to install azures at some point and try it out, see if it magically works better, though I doubt it will.

Enabling uPnP in the software and router DID help, but not a shitton. Did that days ago though so all the speeds I've listed are post config-change


--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Torrents [Re: mndfreeze]
    #6671977 -

What torrent program are you using?

I've been using uTorrent and it automatically adds all the trackers. I've gotten speeds over 100 kb/s with it, which isn't that bad for torrents.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Torrents [Re: belligerent]
    #6671983 -

Bittorrent. The actual software that started it all.

Link me to utorrent and I'll kill one of these really slow torrents and give it a shot with that.

Anyone know if 2 softwares will work at the same time? Or will it ave port problems?


--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Torrents [Re: mndfreeze]
    #6672001 -

when you install utorrent, it'll ask if you want to automatically use file association, if you click yes, then all your torrents will automatically open up with utorrent instead of bittorrent.

however, that's not necessarily a bad thing. utorrent is a great client, and you'd probably be best off sticking with it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Torrents [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #6672016 -

I do IT shit for aliving so I can figure out the file association issues.

Most torrent softrwares are pretty much the same shit, repackaged with different interfaces. I mean, there really isnt much to em to begin with. So if I like it, I'll use it.

Can you link me to it though?


--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Torrents [Re: mndfreeze]
    #6672031 -

http://www.utorrent.com/

even though they may just be repackaged programs, i've noticed a substantial difference b/t programs. like i started with ABC, then went to bittornado, and with both of those, i would get pitiful speeds, sometimes the inability to connect at all to a torrent that had like 100 seeders. So i switched to bitcomet, noticed a huge improvement in speeds and connection, then switched to utorrent because it's a bit smaller and takes up less processing power, and got the same speeds/connection without lagging my comp.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Torrents [Re: mndfreeze]
    #6672443 -

Granny, my guess is that you've got a torrent blocking ISP. Over half of the ones in the US do it now I believe. Not sure if anyone actually blocks them completely, but they cap your speeds to horrible horrible levels to save their bandwidth.

Using utorrent, there's an option for stream encryption (under properties for a specific torrent, I forget exactly what the title is). This will scramble the down/upload stream so that it might not be recognized as torrent data, and better speeds can be achieved. It depends on your ISP's level of detection though, the most modern being able to still detect the scrambled streams.


--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Torrents [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #6672489 -

i cant remember the numbers but the isp i used estimated that a huge part (60-70-80% or something) of their bandwith was used on torrents lol, but they have no intensions in stopping this because they would loose alot of clients. I think usa is probably very diffrent than here for Internet providers because you have large fines and so on for piracy there. i havent heard of a piracy case in norway as i can remember, i only remember dvd jon who broke some codes and endet up in court after pressure from usa , he was found not guilty i think. the only controll is at schools, buisnesses and so on and see if they have payed the license of the software they use. I dont think there is any controll of downloading mp3 or movies here ? (i could be wrong, someone enlighten me, at least im not worried about that)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Torrents [Re: mndfreeze]
    #6673006 -

You need to try a private TV torrent tracker... like BitMeTV or something...

They have everything. Find somebody with an invite.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Torrents [Re: DieCommie]
    #6673561 -

"but they have no intensions in stopping this because they would loose alot of clients."

Yeah, the US not only has the issue of lawsuits, (generally the MPAA/RIAA just demands the client's info from the ISP) but also the ISP's are generally all moving in this direction, so as a whole business isn't really going to be lost because it's not as though people will simply stop using broadband. I know that sweeden and norway have (in the past at least) had much better internet access for much cheaper compared to the bandwidth available in the US. That's why good ftp servers were always so plentiful over there.

Any company who is limiting the torrent usage has obviously realized that the saved bandwidth is more of a concern than the very few people who will actually stop using their service. Especially because most people probably don't even know they're being limited. It's not as if they've blocked it completely, that might cause a bit of uprising (torrents have legal uses too).


--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Digital Hive has open signups!! (private torrent tracker)
( 1 2 all )
NewbieS 6,314 37 03/06/10 04:31 PM
by frith
* Best British U.K Comedy Torrents Downloads ALL SEASONS ( AlChiNo's PiCK )
( 1 2 all )
alchino23 54,704 21 08/14/07 11:02 AM
by alchino23
* My Top 6 British U.K Films Ever Torrent Downloads ( AlChiNo's PiCK ) Link Allows Download Of Films alchino23 11,296 4 08/14/07 11:14 AM
by alchino23
* torrents notapillow 374 11 05/19/10 11:14 PM
by Dr. Siekadellyk
* Best Bit Torrent Program DeadPhan 1,156 15 12/13/07 12:33 PM
by rougetarget
* Modern Day Torrents
( 1 2 all )
eligal 1,850 20 05/06/08 09:14 PM
by eligal
* Just downloaded some software using a torrent...Now what do i do?...
( 1 2 all )
openmind 2,332 20 01/09/10 06:00 PM
by openmind
* RIP ISOHUNT
( 1 2 3 all )
FeedingMyDreams 3,949 52 04/08/10 03:11 AM
by noticeofeviction

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,671 topic views. 3 members, 23 guests and 152 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.