Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: B+ origin
    #66460 - 04/29/99 10:47 PM (24 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, Dr. M!

That's some phenomenal research! I don't pretend to completely understand everything you did there, as that I have almost no biological training or knowledge, but I think that in general I'm a pretty intelligent dude, and have some ?'s that are directly related to your posted experiment, which perhaps you might be able to answer:

1: Where might I find phytic acid (hexaphosphoinositol) and how do I basifiy to a near-neutral pH (i.e. what basifying agent would be added)

2: What effect, if any, does the increased content of the idole alkaloids psilocybine and its demethylated derivative baeocystine as constrained by the hexaphosphoinositol on advanced mycelial development and the development of primordia and carpophores?

3: Is hexaphosphoinositol a toxic substance? Do the alkaloids need to be extracted from the phytic acid with methanol or can the amalgam be safely introduced to a human system?

4: Are there other phosphor "store houses" that might be easily adapted to the use of the layman in increasing alkaloid content in thallophytic plants?

I guess, in short, is there a "tek" for us home-growin yokels with no access to lab mills, flash dryers, and centrifuges?

Thanks for posting, Doc, I know that 99% of the posts here are well below your superior understanding of the biological processes at play here, but It's people like you and posts like yours that might knock it up a notch here at the shroomery!

Mr. G, I dont get involved usually with you big-wiggs, since I dont know shit about what came from who or where, but I do think that if you want to convince someone of something you need more than words, and rude foceful words will always work against your goal. Put up a website, I'd love to see the sources for your scoop on what b+ is. :smile:

Peace Out
S7!

------------------
"Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel..."
JM

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#66461 - 04/30/99 07:03 AM (24 years, 10 months ago)

Mr. G, do you offer any evidence yourself. Workman does indeed have microspopic pictures on his site. All I see here is some very flawed arguments and evidence that you are either very paranoid about cholchicine or that you have never worked with it.
You are not hiding behind any email. You wont even but one in your profile.
Please explain the DNA testing you did on the PF strain.
What are you flaming Workman for? Being the real deal? Reling on science instead of stories?

Anonymous

#66462 - 04/30/99 08:06 AM (24 years, 10 months ago)

(The following parody is presented as an example of how easy it is for egotistical idiots like Mr. G to spoon-feed TOTAL BULLSHIT to unsuspecting people.)

"Mr Majestyk's phytochemical manipulation of Psilocybe (Stropharia) cubensis strains"

I. Overview

Spores of a Central American strain of Psilocybe (Stropharia) cubensis
were germinated on a standard potato-dextrose agar medium. Several
dikaryotic strains were isolated and the most vigorous candidates chosen
for an experiment to ascertain what effect, if any, the addition of
phytic acid (hexaphosphoinositol) would have on the accumulation of the
indole alkaloid psilocybine and its demethylated derivative baeocystine.

Phytic acid is a substance commonly found in seeds and is a storehouse
for phosphate, an essential nutrient for the biosynthetic production of
O-phosphoryl-4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine
(psilocybine) and desmethyl psilocybine (baeocystine).

II. Procedure

Three genetically distinct, rhizomorphic strains were chosen and grown
in 1000 mL Fernbach flasks containing 550 mL liquid Emmon's medium.
Phytic acid (basified to a near-neutral pH) was added incrementally to
this medium in amounts ranging from 10-35 mg. The cultures were
incubated at 25C and aerated on a Gump rotary shaker (Model M) at 240
rpm. The resultant mycelial pellets, separated from the culture medium
by suction filtration on a Buchner funnel, were dried in a forced-air
drying oven at 45C for a minimum of 48 hrs and subsequently stored in a
dessicator over anhydrous calcium chloride. After determining the pH
values of the filtered culture medium, the filtrates were evaporated to
dryness in a flash evaporator at 40C under reduced pressure. The
residues were carefully extracted with 2-mL portions of absolute
methanol to dissolve the psilocybine (and baeocystine, if present); the
solutions were stored in a refrigerator until subjected to thin layer
chramatographic (TLC) analyses.

After drying, the mycelial pellets from the individual culture flasks
were weighed and then reduced to a #60 powder in a Wiley laboratory
mill. Ten mL of methanol was added to each sample of powdered material
in a 25-mL Erlenmyer flask. After shaking for eight hours, the resulting
slurry was centrifuged and the supernatant liquids decanted into a 50-mL
round bottom flask. The marc was treated in an identical manner two
additional times, after which the combined methanol extracts were
evaporated to a small volume (1-2 mL) in a rotary film evaporator at 40C
under reduced pressure. The concentrated extract was transferred to a
5-mL volumetric flask with a microdropper. Residual material in the
evaporation flask was removed by a methanol wash, added to the
volumetric flask, and the final volume adjusted to 5 mL. Extracts
prepared in this manner were labeled and refrigerated until personal
bioassay.

III. Chromatographic Results.

Thin layer chromatographic procedure was determined suitable for rapid,
sensitive detection/evaluation of the hydroxyindole metabolites. Weighed
portions (usually 50 mg)
of the dried, powdered mycelia were extracted by shaking with 5 mL
methanol in 12-mL glass-stoppered centrifuge tubes for 1 hr. The
mixtures were centrifuged and the clear supernatant solutions were
removed with pipets. The marcs were extracted with second 5-mL volumes
of methanol. Preliminary results detected:

1. Psilocybine in amounts ranging from 1.9% to 2.8% (by wt vol).
2. Baeocystine in amounts ranging from .64% to 1.2% (by wt vol).
3. Trace amounts, e.g., .010-.023% of a new monoethyl analog similar to
psilocine.

The amounts of psilocybine and baeocystine are the highest ever detected
in any species. The structure of the new monoethyl analog is still under
study; preliminary tests reveal a hydroxyindole compound with a
substituted ethyl group in the 4th or 5th position of the aromatic
(benzene) side chain.

IV. Personal Bioassay.

The psychedelic effects experienced after ingesting the extracts were
nearly identical to those of psilocine. However, the duration of the
trip was much longer--on the order of
14 hrs(!) This increase in activity is thought to be due to the amount
of baeocystine and the possible synergistic effect of baeocystine and
the new monoethyl analog.

Mr Majestyk, PhD

InvisibleMr. G
journeyman
Loc: Treasure Coast
    #66463 - 04/30/99 08:37 AM (24 years, 10 months ago)

See, Hawk was right. I COULD CARE LESS WHO SEES OR BEKIEVES. I have no vested intrest. That is the story straight from the TRUTH. That is how I created the mushroom. I was keeping to suriving tremendous heat fact to myself, but, in ALL honest have never been able to duplicate that again. i have isolated severl strains of Sunflower seeds which qwill survive cooking at 250/15 psi for 45 minutes. Seal the jars, place ina dark, room temperature place. Damn it, in a month some of them will SPROUT! Nature is amazing! I also beleive that the P. Cyanescens, Azurescens, and other Northwestern forest type mushrooms may have been mutated by things such as volcanic erruptions (heat, ash, chemicals from ash fall out etc. ) that is almost a certainy to me, but like all theories, it isn't worth a damn if you can't prove it. That is an original idea, think about it, it is actuallu quite possible and believable.
See yah floks, no more chat. The "Mushroom Gods- nself proclaimed weant to argue bicker and flame). I have niether the time or the patience to do either. I will chat occasionally, but no more posts. i will be happy to help interested parties seeking advice, but, no assholes, or flamers. Please keep on thing in mind. If you ask someones advice, take it, try it, decide if it works then remember it. if it doesn't, forget it. DFon't ask someone's opinion, then say your WRONG. That is picking a fight, not friendly help or advice. To all goodbye, Mr. Mag or Maj, FUCK YOU QUEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
The real Mr. G

--------------------
"Mr.G with a rose, in and out of the garden goes, country gharden in the wind and the rain whereever he goes the people all complain!"
"The Grateful Dead" Thanks boys, I miss you Jerry!
Did it hurt that much?

Anonymous

#66465 - 04/29/99 10:51 PM (24 years, 10 months ago)

Singularity, he says its a parody in the first sentence.

Anonymous

#66466 - 04/30/99 11:04 AM (24 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, Mr.G you really are a fucking idiot aren't you? Do you actually expect to be taken seriously when you spell the way you do? You wan't me to believe that someone who can't write is capable of things you are saying you did? Why don't you just shut the fuck up, learn to spell and write and while you are at it learn to grow some mushrooms, go and eat them and reflect on what a nasty MUTANT you are.

Workman is the the real deal.
Hoth out

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #66467 - 04/30/99 02:06 PM (24 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the support Hoth. I always knew Mr. G was nuts, but I had no idea how much until now. Keep up the good work Mr. G, I've always been a fan of fiction.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Anonymous

#66468 - 04/30/99 02:40 PM (24 years, 10 months ago)

Mr. G has asked me to mention that the poor spelling is a result of medication for chronice pain that he is currently suffering from. I'm pretty sure it's enough to kill a small elephant. So, there's a spelling disadvantage, but at least he can just laugh at nonsense such as an attack on spelling. :smile: By the way, Mr. Majestyc or what not...you're a PF lacky, right? I mean, you're the only people who use the word "strophoria".

------------------
Dogs fucked the Pope, no fault of mine.

Anonymous

#66469 - 04/30/99 02:56 PM (24 years, 10 months ago)

Workman is a very competent mycologist and an excellent source for spores. You won't find him making outrageous, egotistical, unethical claims. His work speaks for itself. He's one of the most honest people in the business.

Mr. G's ridiculous comment about needing a microscope to identify the B+ is analogous to someone needing a microscope to distinguish a cocker spaniel from a cat, or a Pleurotus ostreatus from an Amanita pantherina.

[This message has been edited by Mr Majestyk (edited April 30, 1999).]

Anonymous

#66470 - 04/30/99 03:06 PM (24 years, 10 months ago)

My cocker spaniel fucked Boba_Fett. No fault of mine.

Anonymous

#66471 - 04/30/99 03:26 PM (24 years, 10 months ago)

who can validate the origin of the b+, with more than words? if no one, then what is the point of this?

rhubarb-

Anonymous

#66472 - 04/30/99 04:19 PM (24 years, 10 months ago)

...guess I should have read that first sentance. I'll just shut up and keep dreamin... :smile:

S7!

Anonymous

#66473 - 04/30/99 05:16 PM (24 years, 10 months ago)

Heh. It really could be. I'll be damned.

------------------
Dogs fucked the Pope, no fault of mine.

OfflineZeke
journeyman
Loc: MT
    #66474 - 04/30/99 06:07 PM (24 years, 10 months ago)

Mr G.-

I've got a few honest question's about the colchicine treatment, this isn't intended to be inflammatory I'm just looking for some answers.

I've seen it stated that colchicine will not bind to fungal tubulins but I've seen passing references to colchicine binding sites on tubulins in Neurospora and Coprinus species. Can you give me any ref's that can clear up this contradiction?

In your experiments how did you confirm that the chromosomes were doubled? Did you do a count? If so, how many chromosomes were in each cell nucleus?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Offlinesean123
Stranger
    #66475 - 01/16/00 11:47 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

i had to bring this thread back to life after reading it please comment on this if it is your first time reading it (if you are interested in reading it).

OfflineMycelium5150
Check theDate!!!!
    #66476 - 01/17/00 10:18 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

God damn what a stupid idea to bring this one back. Listen, there is no way b+ is a cross between a cube and an azure, anyone that has ever grown either can tell you that. Just because b+ will colonize wood doent make it a wood lover, all cubes will colonize it. But the real question is if the cubes can use the wood for its nutritional properties, no they cant. I have tried many diiferent varations with cubes and wood and it always seems like the fruiting you get from them is from whaatever you used as spawn, i had a casing 3 inches thick with wood chips and used one cup of seed to colonize it, i didnt get any beeter results then i would have with just seed. Cubes cant fruti off wood, but if you want one that colonizes wood quickly, faster then b+, try ecuadors. Now if you have grown azures then you would for surely know that theres nothing in common between the 2 besides they blue when bruised. Azures love wood, love the cold and are strong as fuck!!! Not anything like b+.
Sorry :frown: :frown:
Mycelium

--------------------
Mad skills, you know this!!!

I am here to Myth Bust

OfflineMycelium5150
Check theDate!!!!
    #66477 - 01/17/00 10:19 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

God damn what a stupid idea to bring this one back. Listen, there is no way b+ is a cross between a cube and an azure, anyone that has ever grown either can tell you that. Just because b+ will colonize wood doent make it a wood lover, all cubes will colonize it. But the real question is if the cubes can use the wood for its nutritional properties, no they cant. I have tried many diiferent varations with cubes and wood and it always seems like the fruiting you get from them is from whaatever you used as spawn, i had a casing 3 inches thick with wood chips and used one cup of seed to colonize it, i didnt get any beeter results then i would have with just seed. Cubes cant fruti off wood, but if you want one that colonizes wood quickly, faster then b+, try ecuadors. Now if you have grown azures then you would for surely know that theres nothing in common between the 2 besides they blue when bruised. Azures love wood, love the cold and are strong as fuck!!! Not anything like b+.
Sorry :frown: :frown:
Mycelium

--------------------
Mad skills, you know this!!!

I am here to Myth Bust

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#66478 - 01/17/00 09:29 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Edited by Ryche Hawk (06/05/17 06:00 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates