Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
P. Cubensis - Argentina origins, and other questions.
    #1883864 - 09/05/03 03:53 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Does anyone know of the area of Argentina the strain was found in, or if it truly did come from Argentina? And, does anyone know what part of South America the SA strain came from? They are two different strains obviously, with interesting characteristics (almost opposites). I would like to know the areas of origin if possible just out of curiosity.

This stuff should be documented and listed somewhere. I would like to know the environmental conditions where they were naturally found and compare that with the strains characteristics. With strains like the Tasmanian, PESA, and PESH having false names, or unknown sources, this is a little difficult (not to mention wrong). I would really like to know where most of the more common strains were originally found, or could be found in the wild (if possible). Lots of people say that many Cubensis strains are similar. I do not agree with this at all. When you grow out quite a few, you can see plenty of variation between strains, with only a few actually having similar looks and other traits. I still have yet to see any that I could call identical.

Any information on any strains you might know about besides any of the Thailand strains, please share it.

--------------------
To give is to live...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepsiloz
Stranger

Loc: Australia
Re: P. Cubensis - Argentina origins, and other questions. [Re: ATWAR]
    #1883990 - 09/05/03 05:35 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Variation of Psilocybin and Psilocin Levels with Repeated Flushes (Harvests) of Mature Sporocarps of Psilocybe cubensis (Earle) Singer / Variation2
Jeremy Bigwood & Michael Beug
Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 5 (1982) 287-291

These researchers used a strains 'Amazonian' which was collected near pucalp, Peru.
they also deposited voucher specimens

MAYBE this is the parent strain of the amazonian we have today?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: P. Cubensis - Argentina origins, and other questions. [Re: psiloz]
    #1884155 - 09/05/03 08:57 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

The orginal Amazonian strain came from Colombia by the McKenna brothers and was known as the Penis Envy strain,. I still have spore-swaubs for this original amazonian strain. Then there are the ecuadorian Psilocybe subcubensis. While there have been more than 80 deposits of specimens form Ecuador at varous herbariouims in Mexico, Central America and several universities in South American countries, so far all of the Ecuadforian specimens have been positively identified as Psilocyben subcuybensis. You can go to my site for a link to the 214 species of entheogenic fungi worldwide which lists their distribution by country state, province and islands and c oontinents and also provides references tot heir botanical identifications and to their chemical analysis for those of the 186 psilocybian species listed in the paper by Guzm?n, Me and Gartz, 2000. in the Anali di Diov. Mus. Rovereto, Italia, In English of course.

It is a PDF file opening in Acrobat Reader. 100 pages and 39 photographs.

mj

OfflineASheS
Stranger
Re: P. Cubensis - Argentina origins, and other questions. [Re: ATWAR]
    #10642338 - 07/08/09 04:58 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ATWAR said:
Does anyone know of the area of Argentina the strain was found in, or if it truly did come from Argentina?

+1

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation