Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Tim Hardaway... [Re: Banez]
    #6581990 -

And in order for people to stop caring, first openly gay people have to become more and more common, especially in places where it's extremely taboo to be gay. (athletics, rap music, etc.)


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tim Hardaway... [Re: jewunit]
    #6582029 -

and people are only going to stop caring when people, including homosexuals keep making such a big deal about it.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tim Hardaway... [Re: Banez]
    #6582046 -

The problem is the misconception that people have with gays coming out.
It's not something they want to make a huge deal (for the most part, some do), it's something that straight people make a big deal because being gay is a big deal. I'm sure the press conference wasn't his idea.
I haven't read it, but I've also heard the book addresses actually coming out very little and is more about the trials and tribulations of being gay in professional sports (namely the NBA, obviously).

Like I said, people aren't just going to stop caring. There is going to be a process behind it, just like there was for the fight to decrease prejudices against blacks (yes I know it still exists.) Think about it, people made a big deal of Jackie Robinson (and still do), that was essential in the process of having professional sports integrated. Why should it be any different for the first gay athlete to come out while still active in a league?


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tim Hardaway... [Re: jewunit]
    #6584544 -

because hes not active in the league.. hes retired.. and i honestly think he's money driven.. and yes he did want all the attention, he didnt independently publish the book.. he went directly to espn and had espn publish it.. he knew exactly what he was doing

i honestly feel that SOME homosexuals like the attention of being different.. Gay Pride festivals... i mean, thats pretty much a showcase of homosexuality... and IMO a lot of females are into other girls and being bisexual, not because they are truly attracted to females, but because they know its something males like and something that draws attention to them.. and obviously im not speaking in all cases.. not even majority.. but i wonder how much of a role the fact of being "different" plays.

"man in the middle" is a nice pun though... i still chuckle.. i wonder if he came up with that himself.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tim Hardaway... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6587492 -

I wish all the homos in sports would come out at the same time. They could start their own gay union. And whine about being called fags all the time during games (by fans!). And whine that their teammates won't get naked in front of them any more. And whine about having to deal with paparazzi stalking them all the time. And whine about Sports starting to suck because of all the whining gays have to do to be publicly gay; sport turning into twice the circus it already is, focused on nothing but gay and gayness.

The only solution would be for them to start their own league, since like, there are so many of them just pining to come out. They could live their gay lives in freedom, while other free gays feel free enough to watch them be gay in sports. Gayness abounds!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tim Hardaway... [Re: paulie_walnuts1]
    #6587701 -

:flowstone:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tim Hardaway... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6588709 -

Tim's going to find out the Hardaway on finding any more jobby jobs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tim Hardaway... [Re: gema]
    #6589301 -

see i think thats fucked up that the NBA wont let him be involved with the league anymore because he stated his feelings about gays.. he apologized numerous times. thats just fucking retarded that in a country that prides itself on freedom of speech, that when he spoke his opinions, the NBA cut all ties with him.

his opinions on gays doesnt change my opinion of him one bit... not that anyone really gave a fuck about hardaway anymore anyways.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tim Hardaway... [Re: Banez]
    #6589459 -

Your so stupid.

Are you really unable to separate your agreement with his feelings from the way he said it? I dont think the NBA would have come down on him like this if he said that he doesnt think homosexuality is right.

But you cant just go around saying that you hate gay people, that you dont want to be around them, they shouldnt be allowed in the country, etc.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tim Hardaway... [Re: Banez]
    #6589613 -

Banez said:
thats just fucking retarded that in a country that prides itself on freedom of speech, that when he spoke his opinions, the NBA cut all ties with him.




The NBA has that right.


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tim Hardaway... [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #6589924 -

true.

Madtown- right, and he apologized for slipping up and saying "i hate gays"... but i think his other views are pretty universal.. he never said they shouldnt be allowed in this country.. he didnt even go as far to say homosexuality isnt right.. he simily stated how HE felt, he didnt speak for anyone but himself. "I'm homophobic".. and that he didnt think they should be in the lockeroom at the same time as other players.. either way Timmy will forever be labeled a biggot for his comment, and rightfully so.. its a shame he thinks that way. HOWEVER IMO he is entitled to his opinion.

that being said, i wouldnt feel comfortable being in the lockeroom naked with a homosexual either.. but thats back to my main point.. if you are a homosexual, i dont care.. i dont feel the need for them to share that with me.. what they do with their life is their own business.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tim Hardaway... [Re: Banez]
    #6590033 -

Like Amaechi said, every gay dude doesn't want to "jump every other guy's bones", and frankly if there's a gay guy on my team checking me out, fine, that's called flattery. I doubt he would try and like rape you or something.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tim Hardaway... [Re: jewunit]
    #6590050 -

are you seriously telling me that you would feel comfortable with a gay guy in the shower with you and checking out your naked body?

im sorry thats where i draw the line... thats not flattery to me, thats repulsive.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tim Hardaway... [Re: Banez]
    #6592246 -

Banez said:
he never said they shouldnt be allowed in this country.. he didnt even go as far to say homosexuality isnt right..



Apparently you didn't hear what he said?

Quote:
Hardaway: ''First of all I wouldn't want him on my team. And second of all, if he was on my team, you know, I would really distance myself from him because, uh, I don't think that is right. ''



Quote:
''Well, you know I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I am homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States. So yeah, I don't like it.''



transcript: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16700359.htm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tim Hardaway... [Re: Redstorm]
    #6592543 -

PWNED


--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tim Hardaway... [Re: Banez]
    #6592697 -

Banez said:
and that he didnt think they should be in the lockeroom at the same time as other players..



I don't see anything wrong with this request. Men are not allowed in womens locker rooms/showers. Why should the gays be allowed to shower with straight men? That doesn't seem cool at all.


--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tim Hardaway... [Re: Redstorm]
    #6593158 -

Quote:
Tim Hardaway said,



I am homophobic. I don't like it.




I wonder if he knows what "phobia" means. Does he think gay people are going to jump out of the bushes at him? Does he cry out in terror when he watches Queer Eye?

Whats he afraid of?


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tim Hardaway... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6593854 -

Madtowntripper said:
Whats he afraid of?



Realizing he's gay.


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tim Hardaway... [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #6594889 -

Madtown.
homophobia- unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.

antipathy- 1. a natural, basic, or habitual repugnance; aversion. 
2. an instinctive contrariety or opposition in feeling. 
3. an object of natural aversion or habitual dislike. 

maybe you dont know what it means. :smirk:

mattzdope said:
Banez said:
and that he didnt think they should be in the lockeroom at the same time as other players..



I don't see anything wrong with this request. Men are not allowed in womens locker rooms/showers. Why should the gays be allowed to shower with straight men? That doesn't seem cool at all.



I agree 100%.. and someone used the agrument, not all gay guys want to jump your bones.. well theres a lot of women in the womens lockerroom i wouldnt fuck, but that doesnt mean its OK for me to get naked in front of them and shower with them.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tim Hardaway... [Re: Redstorm]
    #6595366 -

Redstorm said:
Banez said:
he never said they shouldnt be allowed in this country.. he didnt even go as far to say homosexuality isnt right..



Apparently you didn't hear what he said?

Quote:
Hardaway: ''First of all I wouldn't want him on my team. And second of all, if he was on my team, you know, I would really distance myself from him because, uh, I don't think that is right. ''



Quote:
''Well, you know I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I am homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States. So yeah, I don't like it.''



transcript: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16700359.htm



Care to retract your statement?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I almost broke my TV because of Tim McCarver. OneMoreRobot3021 797 6 08/23/08 09:21 PM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* Is This A Great Game Or What? by Tim Kurkjian. OneMoreRobot3021 1,261 17 06/05/08 11:03 PM
by Pat Bateman, VP
* Regarding tim tebow... GetTheFuckOut 1,100 13 03/25/10 07:32 PM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* tim slyvia on blind date KingOftheThing 775 5 08/07/06 04:48 AM
by LiquidSmoke
* Tim Duncan leaves game in first half after getting eye poked; returns for strong second half killersneakers 205 0 10/17/10 07:59 PM
by killersneakers
* Seven more years of Joe Buck and Tim McCarver OneMoreRobot3021 1,061 14 07/12/06 11:21 PM
by Madtowntripper
* Tim Tebow and I quote.. cube talk 745 9 10/13/09 12:07 AM
by GetTheFuckOut
* Oh my god tim tebow Disco Forever 626 7 08/29/10 09:08 AM
by zorbman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
3,251 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.