Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblegregre
FBI invasion
    #653478 - 05/30/02 02:00 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

It was just announced today that the FBI has the right to investigate all activity and private matters on the internet and public religious gatherings, private or otherwise. It is my opinion that big brother is getting out of hand. Since we, as members of this forum, should be aware that what we do and say will be monitored. It is a shame that big brother has to turn on its own people to make a point in control. We as free citizens of this great country should have the civil rights that we were promised in the constitution and not have the power of the government put its hands in all of our activities. Our rights are disappearing at a rapid rate and we are letting it happen. When will this stop? When a simple freedom loving peoples are all in jail and controlled? This shit got to stop.

Here is a story>
My father is in his 70's and I had showed him my mushrooms the other day(Sillys and other gourmets). I told him what the silly's were. He laughed and said, "We used to pick them when I was a kid". He also said that they(as a family), used to mushroom hunt for food and fun. Before the government got their grubby hands in it it used to be legal. I told him that the ones I was growing were illegal. His jaw dropped to the floor and then he got angry. He said,"That fucking government! The fucking politicians should all be shot. Them fucking assholes have to make everything their business. Fuck'em....!". I had a good laugh about it at the time, but got to thinking that in a time all things were free. It makes me very sad to see the state of this government.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLanaM
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
Re: FBI invasion [Re: gregre]
    #653709 - 05/30/02 03:33 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I was watching the evening news and I saw the little speech that John Ashcroft made about the new "guidelines"

It appauls me and sickens me. I plan on starting a thread concerning the current state of affairs.

The big problem we must face is that the internet is treated just as "the real world" so..... The Shroomery is open to the public, therefore the gov't will have utilitarian domain over any ISP

Luckily Thor just got us on our new private server.

But I think that may only go so far. I'm still upset about the whole thing.

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

Invisiblegregre
Re: FBI invasion [Re: Lana]
    #653830 - 05/30/02 04:20 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

You're right this will only last so long. Pretty soon the internet will not be free anymore. Our rights are being eroded away as the years pass. I have a wrenching feeling in my gut that we will be persuid as a threat to the conservative society which is taking this country over. If I we're a rich man I would move from this country or move to a place where no-one can reach me. I'm very disapointed in this government.

I used to work with this guy from Slovenia and him and I used to talk about freedoms alot. He said in truth that Americans aren't as free as are led to believe. I believe him. I see it everyday. Thank God I'm getting on in years. I don't want to see what the future holds. I remember a time when you could walk amongst nature and not have a worry if somebody is watching. Not anymore. This will open a gate to hell on Earth.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: FBI invasion [Re: gregre]
    #653834 - 05/30/02 04:22 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

The shroomery might become a stepping stone for an agents carrier. Imagine having 1000th of arrests credited to you? That will certainly advance you in rank.

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: gregre]
    #656065 - 05/31/02 04:39 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Invisiblegregre
Re: FBI invasion [Re: Macey Howard]
    #656755 - 06/01/02 02:10 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

If you're rich and want to start a new internet I will be there. I want to help in anyway I can. I have many talents which have not gotten me anywhere cause I know of no conections. I'm a webmaster, artist, musician, song-writer and a pretty damn good one.
Let the revolution begin!

If the government continues down this path of its choosing there will be civil war. I hear this everywhere. All the freedom loving people that I talk to are waiting....
So if big brother is reading this-----BEWARE----- YOU ARE MAKING ALOT OF ENEMIES.....

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: FBI invasion [Re: Macey Howard]
    #663213 - 06/04/02 08:49 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i got mad computer skills and would love to put them to some good. i was thinking about some secure drug net that could get the drug world into the digital age. orders, shipping, shipping proxys, payments. from the wholesalers to the guy that needs a dime bag. i started thinking about doing this when i realized how undependable the drug world is. especially when your hookup's hookup is asleep or can't be found. or you're waiting for a phone call for 5 hours only to find they're out.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology