Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblepsyconaut
NASA trainedpsychonaut
Loc: The Great White North
Tip for Canadian's needing a pressure cooker
    #648921 - 05/28/02 02:21 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I needed a large pressure cooker (for making Psyconaut's famous black cherry jam, of course!).

Now, me being in The Great White North, I consider the usual suspects for buying something like this over-the-counter (they're big, bulky and heavy to ship -- so why not try and get one locally).

I noticed a lot fo retailers only had relatively small unit (sub-15L capacity). I guess that makes sense as most families wouldn't need a pressure cooker that big for cooking, and only really hard-core canners need something bigger than that.

So...I happened to be in Canadian Tire and was surprised to see a single, solitary Mirro brand 20.8L (22 quart) capacity unit sitting on the shelf (model #92022). CDN$169.95 (just over US$100). Not bad!

It's relatively well made, has two decent side handles for lifting, and automagic pressure setting for 5/10/15psi. Comes with two canning/food separator trays too.

Anyways, just thought I'd pass along the buying tip as it's a decent price for a large unit, plus there's a Canadian Tire in just about every Canadian town with more than 4 people and even if the store doesn't have one in stock, I'm sure they're order you one

NOTE: it does not appear to be on Canadian Tire's webstore.

-psyconaut

--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrAbeLincoln
enthusiast

Re: Tip for Canadian's needing a pressure cooker [Re: psyconaut]
    #648977 - 05/28/02 03:42 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

or you could always get one off of Ebay....I got an All American 910 for 26 dollars..now I dont live in Canada but I dont think shipping costs are going to differ all that much

Invisibleshaggymane
PHARMER

Loc: great white north
    #648985 - 05/28/02 03:56 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

thats the cooker i have .But I got mine at K -mart right after canning season ,on a blow it out the door sale

Anonymous

#649043 - 05/28/02 05:01 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Ya, you can't beat Canadian Tire, eh!

Thats a great cooker too, I saw one at a yardsale last week just like it for buck!

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: Tip for Canadian's needing a pressure cooker [Re: ]
    #649617 - 05/28/02 11:44 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I got my pressure cooker at Canadian Tire for $59.99, not a bad deal. Just call all the Canadian Tires in your city and ask what size pressure cookers they have.

Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tip for Canadian's needing a pressure cooker [Re: ]
    #649631 - 05/28/02 11:51 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Canadian Tire also has a lot of cheaper, smaller PCs which are great for smaller (6-12) jar batches

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Invisiblepsyconaut
NASA trainedpsychonaut
Loc: The Great White North
Re: Tip for Canadian's needing a pressure cooker [Re: DrAbeLincoln]
    #649659 - 05/28/02 12:10 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Yup...you can go trawling around eBay or yard sales too

Unfortunately that costs time...and time is more precious than money to me right now.

Anyways, buying new at Canadian Tire is still cheaper than ordering from some of the mycology suppliers in the U.S.

-psyconaut

--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder