Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
My tasty Pizza.
    #6482425 -

I made some Pizza last night.  I've got left overs for today.




What do you think I should do to improve crust quality?  Also, what else should I put on it next time? :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My tasty Pizza. [Re: Maverick]
    #6482447 -

fuckin A that looks good

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My tasty Pizza. [Re: Leanin]
    #6482453 -

How's you make that?

Was it cheaper to make than buying a frozen/delivery pizza?


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My tasty Pizza. [Re: Leanin]
    #6482456 -

get some browning on that crust.

um... like eggs and bread crumbs or something.


--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My tasty Pizza. [Re: Leanin]
    #6482463 -

Your supposed to cut chillis up so and mix them with your cheese and shit, else its rediculously hot in places.

I only ever eat home made pizzas, you might want to mix different types of cheese, I find motzeralla(sp) red leister(sp) and cheddar.

Also whack some peppers on it, and I like to put a bit of sliced chicken and ham in the mix for extra tastyness...


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My tasty Pizza. [Re: Maverick]
    #6482475 -

You can brush some egg whites on the outer crust if you want it to get golden w/o drying out.  If you have some good olive oil....  set some aside and put your "Italian" herbs (like rosemary, thyme...) in there to soak for a couple days, then lightly brush your oil & herb on the entire crust next time you make pizza.  Then layer cheese and toppings.  That's the only way I make my pizza :tongue:


--------------------
Don't dream it;be it
===================================

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My tasty Pizza. [Re: younikrawn]
    #6482491 -

Pizza looks good, search for my California Pizza Kitchen recipes in the Culinary Forum


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My tasty Pizza. [Re: TrancedShroom]
    #6482495 -

damn whats whith alll the stomach porn threads. i just at some yogurt and an odwala. but now i just want fucking pzza :laugh:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My tasty Pizza. [Re: notapillow]
    #6482515 -

Make one from the recipes that I shared, stated above.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My tasty Pizza. [Re: notapillow]
    #6482523 -

The crust information is greatly needed.

My crust was a little too thin, and still stayed doughy in the very center.  (not very doughy, but still).  I need to improve that.  But this is my 2nd ever home made pizza, and it tastes better than any storebought.

I'm gonna try out the browning technique on my next one, as well as other suggested things. :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My tasty Pizza. [Re: Maverick]
    #6482543 -

some good ideas so far ...... in addition I think you should try cooking it on a pizza stone instead of a regular pan ..... preheat the oven and the pizza stone for at least 30 minutes before you cook the pizza on it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My tasty Pizza. [Re: Maverick]
    #6482544 -

search "pizza stone"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My tasty Pizza. [Re: boogertool]
    #6482551 -

the pizza stone would definitely help with the gooey center problem....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My tasty Pizza. [Re: Maverick]
    #6482591 -

My family is big into canning tomatos and tomato sauce. There are still a few dozen jars my mom made back in the day left that I pull out when I remember them (stored in a cabinet in the basement).

Usually I buy these pre-made pizza crusts, and add the sauce/cheese/toppings and bake them. They're from a local bakery and get the job done.


--------------------
When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro.

-H. S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My tasty Pizza. [Re: boogertool]
    #6482609 -

All this talk about pizza makes me want to make one...

yea those stones work really good. you should try to get one if you don't have one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My tasty Pizza. [Re: Maverick]
    #6482647 -

get some corn meal, and sprinkle it down on the pan/stone (stone is best, it's true) before you lay your crust down... it add's that granulated taste...

make sure to let the dough rise properly... that's the trick :wink:


--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My tasty Pizza. [Re: Phychotron]
    #6482662 -

420 over here!

:bongload:

P.S. Pizza looks good.

:earth: :yinyang: :shineon:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My tasty Pizza. [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #6482688 -

Where are the mushrooms? Other then that; solid.


--------------------
''Nothing lasts but nothing is lost''

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My tasty Pizza. [Re: papixx]
    #6483073 -

I have been making homemade pizza for the last 6 months trying to perfect it.  I used to work at a high quality pizza place when i was younger, so i got some idea.

If you got thin crust, that isn't fluffy or airy enough, then you must let the dough sit longer before cooking.  It needs time to rise.

Are you making your own dough? If you are then proper kneading of the dough may be your problem as well.

The most important thing is the sauce and the cheese.  If you are interested in the sauce, ask and i will tell you how i do mine.

As for the cheese,  I can't emphasise enough about how good a Monterey jack/mozzarella mix is.  It can't be beat IMO. 

Also sprinkle a little cheese on the top to hold your toppings together. Not too much or you don't get the good crispy pepperoni.

Chemistry and cooking food are alike.  It is just Science.  Improvement can only be made by trial and error.

After all why do you think they call it "cooking" drugs.

That and it usually involves heat. :biggrin:


--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My tasty Pizza. [Re: Maverick]
    #6483092 -

That pizza looks absolutely delicious :thumbup:.  If I made something of that caliber there'd be no leftovers :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* this pizza has proved problematic tiny_rabid_birds 936 17 10/09/07 08:41 AM
by tiny_rabid_birds
* I eat crust! Azen 590 16 05/31/06 01:40 PM
by bhamlaxy
* strange combinations for pizza
( 1 2 all )
Krishna 2,826 25 11/02/06 07:44 PM
by doctor_gonzo
* best frozen pizza ever sparks8 2,027 17 02/11/06 09:41 AM
by baraka
* mcdonalds as pizza topping
( 1 2 3 all )
Taco Chef 6,077 49 10/30/07 10:55 AM
by circularvortex
* I think that my cheese pizza lunchable has been contaminated.... ZippoZM 1,333 19 04/29/07 08:03 AM
by hobbitxkillyou
* To Tasty_Smurf_House
( 1 2 3 all )
CaRnAgECaNdYS 2,811 40 07/29/04 07:05 AM
by Tasty_Smurf_House
* Dominos® Brooklyn Style® PIzza...
( 1 2 all )
TM 4,711 38 11/07/06 06:59 PM
by coda

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,023 topic views. 4 members, 9 guests and 122 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 20 queries.