Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Vacation: whatchy'all know 'bout cruise ships?
    #6424083 -

Only about a month ago, I dropped an old business card into a fish bowl at a random bar. A week later, I get a call saying that I had won a trip for 4 to the Bahamas via Royal Caribbean cruise lines (woot fucking w00t). So instead of having a big christmas this past year, I'm taking the wifey and my folks on a cruise. My 19 year old little brother and his girl are also coming since my parents are splitting the cost of tickets with him. So the boats leaving on Monday, we just have to drive about 10 hours to Ft. Lauderdale, but I'm pretty fucking stoked. (that's right...stoked). I've done quite a bit of globe trotting in my time, including a six month stint on a shrimp boat; but I have never been on a cruise, so I was wondering what to expect. I really want to hear from someone that's had an experience with Royal Caribbean. Is that one of the lines where people keep getting sick?

A lot of people tell me not to get off the boat, some because "I could be kidnapped" or "The boat could leave without you", but others because "There's just so much to do on the boat", "There's really nothing to see or do in the Bahamas". Personally, I see myself getting off whenever possible.

Oh, how sketchy do you think it would be to smoke in our rooms? or the top deck? And are shrooms still illegal in international waters? :smile:


--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vacation: whatchy'all know 'bout cruise ships? [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6424094 -

Lucky you, it sounds awesome. I'd deffinitely want to get off the boat myself and find a beach and swim.

Their are cruis ship rating sites on the net, do a google search. The individual ships themselves will actually be reviewed and graded.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vacation: whatchy'all know 'bout cruise ships? [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6424103 -

How can you experience the Bahamas if you never leave the deck pool? Get off the fucking boat whenever possible if only just to go eat some conch salad.

Mmm...conch salad...


Oh and I wouldn't try smoking in your room. I took some bud with me on a cruise back in September but we had a private balcony where we smoked. Instead I would just roll one and burn it out on the deck. There is plenty of breeze out on those seas.


Edited by phoenity (01/04/07 10:17 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vacation: whatchy'all know 'bout cruise ships? [Re: Disco Cat]
    #6424106 -

Cool, I think our ship's name is Bastion of the Sea or some such nonsense.

sounds sub-par


--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vacation: whatchy'all know 'bout cruise ships? [Re: phoenity]
    #6424108 -

I tried conch on our honeymoon...wasn't impressed. Now, some jerk chicken wings and banana chutney...mmmmm


--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vacation: whatchy'all know 'bout cruise ships? [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6424162 -

Was it Brilliance of the Seas? They don't have one called Bastion.

Here's a review

Final Assessment:
In the final analysis, all things considered, these are the grades that I would assign to the Brilliance of the Seas on this particular sailing:
Appearance: A+ (Absolutely stunning!)
Staff/Service: B+ (Very friendly, courteous and helpful. There were a few service personnel that were more interested in socializing with their fellow crew members than assisting passengers, but overall very accommodating and pleasant. Special kudos go to my assistant waiter Stephano, the group coordinator, Rusti at the Champagne Bar and everyone at the guest relations desk.)
Food & Dining: B- (Traditional Dining Venues); A (Specialty Restaurants)
Entertainment: B (Production shows weak, but overall quality of entertainment staff was good.)
Activities: B (Although there were a variety of options and plenty to do, as this was a Panama Canal cruise more lectures/presentations geared to the unique aspects of this itinerary would have been a pleasant addition for many.)
Stateroom: A (Excellent utilization of space and tastefully appointed inside cabin)
Itinerary: A (This was my kind of cruise – an equal number of sea days and ports; interesting and diverse ports.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vacation: whatchy'all know 'bout cruise ships? [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6424242 -

Definitely get off the boat. Very easy to smoke on the decks at night. Don't worry about getting laid because it will happen. Prepare for an amazing time.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vacation: whatchy'all know 'bout cruise ships? [Re: LloydChristmas]
    #6424250 -

He's going with his wife.

But ya, aren't all the stewardesses horny for the passengers?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vacation: whatchy'all know 'bout cruise ships? *DELETED* [Re: LloydChristmas]
    #6424251 -

Post deleted by Disco Cat

Reason for deletion: dblpst


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vacation: whatchy'all know 'bout cruise ships? [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6424253 -

My friends go on cruises all the time.
Of course get off that ship, and do some junk buying, and see the sights.

Have fun. :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vacation: whatchy'all know 'bout cruise ships? [Re: Disco Cat]
    #6424254 -

That doesn't limit me too much...she's a freak.


--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vacation: whatchy'all know 'bout cruise ships? [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6424266 -

Brewmaster said:
That doesn't limit me too much...she's a freak.



:thumbup: :thumbup:

Have fun... but get your sea legs back before shrooming. I can't imagine being seasick AND tripping... THAT would be a fucking nightmare!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vacation: whatchy'all know 'bout cruise ships? [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6424604 -



--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Need a vacation spot!
( 1 2 all )
daba 2,722 22 01/01/06 01:42 AM
by daba
* Cruise Ship Escapes Pirate Hijack Attempt LethalX5 1,887 10 11/05/05 10:15 PM
by WormholeSurfer
* Vacation time. Canadians please help! Spiffy 695 7 07/27/04 06:50 PM
by browndustin
* How I Spent My X-Mas Vacation
( 1 2 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 1,598 24 12/28/05 10:25 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Harry Potter and his friends on vacation ivi 930 10 03/29/06 12:56 AM
by Konnrade
* Shipping a hand gun mntlfngrs 732 8 08/22/05 01:32 PM
by Prisoner#1
* in 6 hours I leave for the Bahamas. YouEnjoyMyself 802 6 03/25/05 09:26 PM
by Boom
* Should I go on vacation for a week?
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 2,672 42 06/05/06 12:19 PM
by Roadkill

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,659 topic views. 7 members, 30 guests and 101 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.