Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegreenlight
greenlight
Loc: USA
Finding cultivation supplies...
    #635671 - 05/18/02 04:40 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Tonight, I visited several stores...

I went to the local hardware store, then to a Walmart, then to a pet store, then to another Walmart, then to a Home Depot, and finally to Lowes---which carried Vermiculite. All five of those other stores did not have any, and I *did* search thoroughly.

I was also looking for brown rice flour...Neither Walmart carried any, and my local grocery store does not either. Does it go by any other name, or should it not be with the other flour? All I've been able to find is the regular wheat flour stuff. Any suggestions on where to find the BRF? And is there anything I can use in its place?

I had no idea these two seemingly easy-to-obtain items would in fact be difficult to find.

Thanks!

--------------------
Disclaimer: Everything I've typed is of a fictional nature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMushroom_Madness
enthusiast
Loc: Quaint New England Villag...
Re: Finding cultivation supplies... [Re: greenlight]
    #635679 - 05/18/02 04:43 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Try an organic food store, or even one that sells food in bulk.

OfflineHotDamn

Re: Finding cultivation supplies... [Re: Mushroom_Madness]
    #635682 - 05/18/02 04:49 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

verm is somewhat seasonal, but it should be in stock now...where do you live? BRF can be gotten at health food stores, but failing that you can always find whole grain brown rice at and grocery store, which you can make into flour if you have a blender.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #635813 - 05/18/02 07:37 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

If you live in a big city they have hippy grocery stores....they carry organic brown rice......and sometimes brown rice flour.
Health food stores have brown rice flour....they are expensive though.

I buy organic brown rice.....5 pound bag for $4.29
I grind my own.... in a coffee burr grinder.
*note.... if you use a coffee burr grinder don't grind too much at a time.....the motor will burn out*
I have gone through 3 so far....lolz

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinecbull
enthusiast
    #635816 - 05/18/02 07:40 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i had the same problem i had to go to agway they have huge bags alot of ppl r not selling it no more cause they say it causes cancer from what i heard no adays everything causes cancer dont know if its tru go to the agway web site if u live in a inner city its hard to find i had problems and i live in the mountains country land lol

--------------------
FAPA - Member Since -5-21-2002

Offlinecbull
enthusiast
Re: Finding cultivation supplies... [Re: cbull]
    #635819 - 05/18/02 07:43 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

opps i just sent u to get verm i should really finish reading befor i post dude get a coffe grinder and go to the market get brown rice in the bags works just as good use only a lil brown rice in the grinder at a time though cause youll burn out the grinder quick. even though buying it in a health food store is probly easier if u cant find it any where do grind it cause i was buying it too but its like 30 miles to the closest place that has it so i jus grind it now

--------------------
FAPA - Member Since -5-21-2002

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder