Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate, Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineleonpron
Man with largenipple
Colonization temperature
    #634019 - 05/17/02 06:28 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

The only room available for jars is one where temperature hovers around 70 degrees F. I have heard the best approach to use to get to around 80 degrees F (I believe this is ideal for cubensis) is to use heat pads. My idea is to make "sandwich" layers in a box, with stacks of jars with heat pads layered between. Should this work? Should I just keep the heat pads on the lowest setting or warmer? Are there any dangers?

--------------------
remove all SPAM!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBruiser
Fuel Injected Suicide Machine

Loc: Hell
Re: Colonization temperature [Re: leonpron]
    #634040 - 05/17/02 06:44 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

If anything, I think using multiple heat pads would raise the temp more than needed. Check the FAQ's for heating ideas. You could try a couple different heating options using a submersible aquarium heater and a container filled with water. Good luck.
-Bruiser

--------------------
-I put the chrome to your dome

OfflineFanaTEK
Slave to theShroom

Loc: Midwest, US
    #634095 - 05/17/02 07:50 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

The ideal temperature for your P. Cubensis jars is usually around 85 degrees Fahrenheit, give or take a couple of degrees. One aquarium heater ought to work for what you're trying to do - just put it underneath the box and insulate it from the box with a folded up towel or a layer of styrofoam. This keeps the temp from changing too rapidly and helps distribute the heat. Also keep the box insulated - use a cooler or wrap a blanket around the box. This also keep the temperature stable despite day/night temperature variations of room temperature.
Start your heating pads on the lowest setting (where did you find one with a setting dial?) and use an indoor/outdoor digital thermometer to measure the box temperature without opening it. You will have to adjust the temperature as the mycelium matures, as it puts off its own heat.

FanaTEK

--------------------
Read the FAQ!
Read !

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

#634107 - 05/17/02 07:58 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate, Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom