Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Salvia hits Fark.com frontpage, some damage control perhaps?
    #6253750 -

Its not quite the evening news, yet, but Salvia Divinorum is on today's Fark frontpage (relatively big time) with the headline:

"New legal drug: Salvia Divinorum. It’s as powerful as LSD. It’s legal and it’s available for sale in local shops near you."

Here is the article it links to (from ABC 4 in Utah)
Salvia Divinorum: A legal herb, powerful like LSD, and available in Utah

The thread is already filling up with misinformation and piss poor anecdotal information.  I'm fairly up to snuff on my salvia knowledge (and experience), but could someone with a passion for this stuff and the eloquence to deliver that, and some reliable information, drop a couple of posts over there to offset the crap?  It has already been confused with Datura in the thread (ie, it can kill you etc), been described as "doing nothing" (by those clearly not partaking properly, potentially leading to disaster). 

In small ways, lets do some damage control if we can, yes?  That is the idea of this site  :thumbup:


--------------------
Q: We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons... and for one brief moment, you did.
PICARD: When I realized the paradox...
Q: Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you'd never considered. That's the exploration that awaits you...not mapping stars and studying nebulae... but charting the unknowable possibilities of existence.

To carry yourself forward and experience myriad things is delusion. That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening. -Dogen Zenji

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia hits Fark.com frontpage [Re: toastandjam]
    #6253759 -

#1 - Salvia has been on Fark before.

#2 - Trying to argue facts and common with the people of Fark is as futile as naming a cat.

#3 - Lies spread easier than facts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia hits Fark.com frontpage [Re: DNKYD]
    #6253789 -

DNKYD said:
#1 - Salvia has been on Fark before.

#2 - Trying to argue facts and common with the people of Fark is as futile as naming a cat.

#3 - Lies spread easier than facts



I know salvia has been on fark before, but not so blatantly. I'm also not concerned with arguing with the Farkers, I know how that goes. I read fark daily, including many threads (to find links and opinions and information related to the topic at hand and generally expand my understanding) and its all just lurking around. It's the thousands of other lurkers. I just think it'd be good to have an agent pop in and disseminate proper information. To say that simply because there is tons of misinformation on a subject that disseminating proper information becomes pointless is horrible.


--------------------
Q: We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons... and for one brief moment, you did.
PICARD: When I realized the paradox...
Q: Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you'd never considered. That's the exploration that awaits you...not mapping stars and studying nebulae... but charting the unknowable possibilities of existence.

To carry yourself forward and experience myriad things is delusion. That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening. -Dogen Zenji

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia hits Fark.com frontpage [Re: toastandjam]
    #6253800 -

Go ahead and state the facts and refute any disinformation you want. But I'm telling you it's not going to do any good on a website like Fark.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia hits Fark.com frontpage [Re: DNKYD]
    #6253859 -

man, that article pisses me off.

Quote:
"the greater risk of salvia is not really the health effects but what people may or may not do or the choices they make while they're under the influence of that drug"




thats laughable. has anyone here been able to do so much as blink under the effects of salvorin? dangerous my ass.


and i noticed they class it among recreational drugs. again, laughable. anyone who has had a salvia experience knows that its not something you fuck around with.

man, the ignorance of some people...


--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia hits Fark.com frontpage [Re: toastandjam]
    #6253877 -

Well the posts on Fark aren't that bad. Many people are warning that it's not fake and really strong, quite a lot of people there have tried it too. There are also a lot of people who say it doesn't do shit. But that's to be expected as they probably didn't smoke it right. There's some misinformation but most of it is corrected by other posts.

One post was quite good

Quote:
2006-11-06 02:16:27 Microbe wrote:

Salvia is not a recreational drug. PERIOD.

It is a sacred psychotropic plant which contains large amounts of DMT.

Unfortunately, without any real MAO inhibitors, it only lasts for about 10 minutes (this is a good thing IMHO).

I'll tell you a little story of my experience with it.

I am sitting in the living room with my three buddies. They are there to watch me and make sure I don't physically harm myself in the confusion. There is no music or other sound, as sounds can actually manifest into undesireable hallucinations. I smoke the bowl my friend has loaded for me.

For 10 seconds I don't think anything is going to happen, then I am no longer in my own living room...

I am standing on a playground with a bunch of kids in black and white school uniforms, a teacher is standing in the school doorway ringing a bell. Everyone starts to run towards the building (This movement is very very intense, I feel like I am being swept along on a current). The colors all begin to swirl and fade into each other in the movement and suddenly there is no longer a recognizable scene but a series of patterns and visions. Everything is moving innexorably, pulling me along with it. It is like there is a giant vacuum cleaner somewhere to the upper left of where I am and it is sucking everything, including me, into it(I am still not in my living room, but completely in a hallucinogenic state of moving color and patterns). I felt like I was traveling at a very fast speed and being pulled into new shapes, stretched like taffy.

Suddenly there are more people running, thousands of them. I look closely and can see every detail on them, even though they are either far away or very small. Thousands of them, all moving from the right of my vision towards the left. These people all have on different colored shirts, pants, etc. As they run in from the right, they run to a spot and kneel down. Thousands more follow and begin to kneel next to the others. Suddenly I start to see a pattern in the colors of their clothing as they all line up next to each other. More are running in from the right and kneeling next to the others. The picture is becoming more and more clear, I can almost make it out (think of each person as a colored pixel, as they find a spot, the pixels begin to create an image). Suddenly I recognize the image. It is my living room wall. I am back, sort of.

There are three old ladies arguing in my head. I can hear them distinctly. I look over and notice for the first time that my friend is sitting next to me (he has been all along). There is a hole in the cieling and the entire room including us, is being bent and warped and pulled into the hole, but even though we are moving towards it, we never actually get there. I am not sure where my body is, as I am not attached to it.

I have a startling thought, "you really did it this time, you have made yourself insane". I am scared at this thought. I look over at my buddy who gave me the Salvia and ask him, "Am I gonna to be able to come back from this?!" He says, "yes, its almost over. You're gonna to be fine." The old ladies are still arguing in my head but now I can "hear" my own thoughts starting to take back over. The room is still swirling and breathing, I feel like an eye floating bodyless in a maelstrom of color and movement.

After several more minutes of intense aural and visual hallucination, I finally have a realization of my own body again. I am myself and in my own skin again. I am on the couch in my living room (right where I have been the entire time).

In 10 minutes the entire thing is over.

I realized that the world of psychotropic vision is not something to be bandied with. It is not looking at the world with rose colored glasses, it is being removed from this plane and entering another space. It is the closest thing to catatonic schizophrenia a sane person can experience.

Salvia is not a party folks. It has been used for sacred visions for centuries. It is definitely not kids stuff.

BTW, of the four people I know who have tried it, three will never do it again.




--------------------
futuretribe.space

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia hits Fark.com frontpage [Re: cybrbeast]
    #6253888 -

hmmm it contains DMT, eh?


sad. the only people sticking up for it are stupid :sad:


--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia hits Fark.com frontpage [Re: nobhdy]
    #6253914 -

See why trying to state facts and refute disinformation on Fark is pointless? Even their self-proclaimed shamans don't know shit about it.
DMT? Somebody needs to give that moron a baseball bat to the face.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia hits Fark.com frontpage [Re: DNKYD]
    #6253927 -

seriously...


hey, you know what?

fuck fark and fuck abc 4

*man, i sound arrogant*


--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia hits Fark.com frontpage [Re: nobhdy]
    #6253938 -

Fark is OK, but there are too many sensationalists, "expert" arm-chair (insert profession here), and morons on there.

ABC is just like any other major media outlet: fear-mongering, sensationalist, propagandist assholes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia hits Fark.com frontpage [Re: DNKYD]
    #6253956 -

hahahah cant disagree with that.


except that i worship bill o'reilly :sad:


--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia hits Fark.com frontpage [Re: nobhdy]
    #6253961 -

Sarcasm, I hope.

Otherwise please leave.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia hits Fark.com frontpage [Re: DNKYD]
    #6253967 -

no. im as conservative as you get....aside from the fact that im not some christian hoo-haw who thinks everything is "immoral"

Stem cells and abortions for the win!


--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia hits Fark.com frontpage [Re: nobhdy]
    #6253981 -

O'Reilly is the kind of person that should be looked down upon by every citizen of the planet. In all seriousness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia hits Fark.com frontpage [Re: toastandjam]
    #6253984 -

The funniest part about Fark is when it says

Jailarity ensues


:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia hits Fark.com frontpage [Re: Boom]
    #6254117 -

...wha'?


--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Salvia hits Fark.com frontpage [Re: nobhdy]
    #6254158 -

nobhdy said:
hmmm it contains DMT, eh?

sad. the only people sticking up for it are stupid :sad:



yep  :smirk:


--------------------
futuretribe.space

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Salvia Divinorum DxShroomFactor 1,736 18 11/11/03 09:08 PM
by synthesis
* Salvia In US air force Mystiq_Shaman 1,534 15 09/02/04 08:53 PM
by BioSore
* Salvia's fucking creepy!!
( 1 2 all )
HarveyWalbanger 6,933 27 10/17/03 09:36 AM
by trendal
* Alternatives to Microsoft Frontpage 2003? for Windows 8 Aopocetx 2,939 3 02/03/14 07:03 AM
by s240779
* Salvia Craze Dreamer987 1,019 4 07/15/03 08:42 PM
by DailyPot
* Todays FARK Photoshop Thread: "Mushrooms" Dandy 564 3 12/04/09 06:36 PM
by CosmicFool
* Salvia and pot michotim002 822 17 10/30/04 10:15 PM
by cisole
* Do you fark.com ? dobinky 664 8 03/21/05 07:56 PM
by WhiskeyClone

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,258 topic views. 0 members, 10 guests and 82 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.