Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Cops around the world
    #6240073 -

I wanted to post this thread and see how different or the same cops around the world are.

Here in America, as far as I know, we have the worst of the law enforcement. Cops over here get a power trip by just joining the force and most of the time dont even uphold the law.

Tell everyone how the cops are around your parts.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cops around the world [Re: TrancedShroom]
    #6240096 -

There rough around here, last time I ended up assulting one, they wern't very nice to me, but all in all they are nice if your respectful towards them.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cops around the world [Re: TrancedShroom]
    #6240108 -

i have lived here and there and i know that american cops are far from the worst, to take one example you can take russian cops, they make american cops looks like very nice people

here in norway cops are unarmed and annoying but pretty much harmless, the risk of beein shot by a cop here is not likely. cops in denmark is pretty much the same only they are armed.

in tanzania and zambia they are very corrupt, i was stopped in traffic control when i was in a taxi, they sat on the car until i paid them cash. but as a general rule, if you have cash you can get away with anything even murder

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cops around the world [Re: TrancedShroom]
    #6240152 -

i think it's a stupid question. you can't stereotype all cops in one country. there's a mix everywhere. certainly not all cops here are on a power trip. there's plenty of good ones. theres plenty for legalization and see busting people over drugs as a waste of time. theres plenty who signed up because they want to catch murderers, not because they want to get a kick out of giving you a speeding ticket.


--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cops around the world [Re: LuNaTiX]
    #6240155 -

I don't live in Pakistan but I spent some time there during a quarter-life crisis. The cops differ depending on the city. In a place in Peshawar, cops are very corrupt, and usually spend their time delivering opium/heroin/hash between the Afghan / Pakistani border. Charas (hash) isn't legal there but it's socially acceptable and there are no city-wide laws against it.

In other cities, cops are stricter, and some cities are just starting to get traffic laws, so you see a lot of traffic police. They mainly do their job, but due to their low pay, they are easily bribed. It usually doesn't take more than $3-5 USD to bribe them.

Once I was on the bus and the bus driver made an illegal turn onto a one way road (he was facing the cars coming down the one way) and the cops were right there. He got out of the car, passed them a little cash and off we went as if nothing happened.

Traffic police drive year 2000+ Toyota Carollas. Cops also have bikes and these pick up trucks with cages in the back. That's where criminals are put.

You don't see any cops other than the traffic police, which I don't think have the authority to police anything other than traffic violations.

Most expensive stores, and all banks and places that hold cash (money exchange shops) do have guards, and most of the time they have guns with them. I don't see any particular trend, the guns distributed seem to be random. Some guards will have AKs, some MP5s, some shotguns, etc. On different days they might have different guns. They just stand or sit outside the place they're protecting.

Cannabis grows natively all over Pakistan and during flowering season the whole country reaks of pot. In some small places the religious locals will burn any nearby plants, but you just have to walk around the corner of.. anywhere, and you'll see a jungle of 10' Cannabis plants. Hash is also no problem to get hold of. You can just anyone who doesn't look religious. I got about 10g of blonde hash for $5 from the first guy I asked. He just pulled it out of his pocket. Everything went smoothly even though I barely speak Urdu, and I look and dress nothing like they do. He even gave me his cell number.

Drugs are not much of a problem in Pakistan. Abuse rate is REALLY high, especially of opiates and pharms, but drug users generally have no trouble with the law :wink: It's not uncommon to see people injecting right on the side walk. Also, it's not uncommon to see 10 year olds smoking cigarettes and hash. Packs of local cigarettes are a US nickel or US dime.

Edited by Quake3 (11/02/06 04:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cops around the world [Re: nightkrawler]
    #6240237 -

nightkrawler said:
i think it's a stupid question. you can't stereotype all cops in one country. there's a mix everywhere. certainly not all cops here are on a power trip. there's plenty of good ones. theres plenty for legalization and see busting people over drugs as a waste of time. theres plenty who signed up because they want to catch murderers, not because they want to get a kick out of giving you a speeding ticket.



Why did you answer?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cops around the world [Re: TrancedShroom]
    #6240247 -

Instead of making some knee-jerk post about how "American police are the worst in the world", you could perhaps order a gigantic neon sign, on the scale of the ones in Las Vegas, saying "I'm parochial and have never left America". It'd get the message across a lot better. The police I had the gross misfortune to deal with in Asia were a pathetic, violent, viscious lot. People in America that complain about certain things should be drug into the street and shot, but fortunatly, the police prevent those things. In China, they'd be doing the dragging and loading the gun. In most of Europe, they enforce "hate speech" laws and arrest people for what they think. All in all, an excellent demonstration of your limited range of travel.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cops around the world [Re: apexpredator]
    #6240269 -

I have left America fucking douche bag, matter of fact I probably have lived in more places than you have. Get the fuck outta here.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cops around the world [Re: TrancedShroom]
    #6240294 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cops around the world [Re: TrancedShroom]
    #6240314 -

TrancedShroom said:
I have left America fucking douche bag, matter of fact I probably have lived in more places than you have. Get the fuck outta here.



So you are just unobservant and ignorant then? My bad!


I've lived in or visited; India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, China, Thailand, Cambodia, Japan, Bangladesh, Israel, Iraq (US Military!), Kuwait (Military again!), Iran, Syria, Spain, Lebanon, Italy, Luxemborg, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Holland/Netherlands, Great Britain, Scotland, Ireland, Egypt, South Africa, Chile, Mexico, Costa Rica, Columbia and Canada. Probably a few more in South America that I passed through, I'll dig out my passport and see, I might have missed one or two in Asia.

Oh, duh, the USSR, Yugoslavia, Latvia, Hungary, France, Jamaica, and the Philipines. I think thats the complete list. I spent 12 years travelling, so yea, I'm gonna say that I beat you on that one. Nice try though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cops around the world [Re: apexpredator]
    #6240332 -

I doubt it, I too spent my life traveling(military :finger:). And since this is a pissing contest :epenis:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cops around the world [Re: apexpredator]
    #6240334 -

Cops here in southern California are fucking dicks. Now lots of them are too lazy to walk so they ride those segway scooters, pigs. :minigun:  :cop:


--------------------
Draft beer, not people.:faded:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cops around the world [Re: TrancedShroom]
    #6240341 -

Let me guess, Navy or Airforce?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cops around the world [Re: apexpredator]
    #6240350 -

Army


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cops around the world [Re: surf rat]
    #6240356 -

i live in so cal and thank god i havent seen a cop on a segway because i would burst into laughter and be arrested on the suspicion of being under the influence

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cops around the world [Re: TrancedShroom]
    #6240367 -

My only other experience with cops is in Mexico, and I can say the cops in US are like laid back hippies compared to the ones in mexico.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cops around the world [Re: DieCommie]
    #6240387 -

DieCommie said:
My only other experience with cops is in Mexico, and I can say the cops in US are like laid back hippies compared to the ones in mexico.



Cops in Mexico like their friend Mr. Bribe and if you know him youre in luck.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cops around the world [Re: TrancedShroom]
    #6240445 -

Cops in my area of the states are pretty awesome. I've had quite a few run ins, and they generally cut you a lot of slack. I know of only one friend who has ran into trouble because of pot, and I know a ton more who have been let off (weed taken, go home and dont do it again). Even I have had run ins where by all means I should have been arrested, but was let go with a warning or in one case, not even a comment about the weed.

Cop strolled up as I was hitting a pipe, I had to exhale my mouthful of smoke to talk to him. Hid the pipe real quick (he never saw it, but I have no doubt he smelled the weed and saw the smoke), cop questioned me for a few minutes, told me not to be such an idiot, didn't say a thing about the weed, then left. And I've learned, I don't do such stupid things anymore.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cops around the world [Re: Dihnekis]
    #6240461 -

Really depends on who you get, but in general I would say they are okay.

I have been caught on probation, while car hopping, piss drunk, 16 years old, and they gave me a lift home. They thought I was going into the cars to steal them, so I said I am way too drunk and I don't even know how to drive a car. Told them I just wanted to stay warm(really cold night).

Another time, I was 14, got busted around 4am in a park with my buddies with about 3 grams of pot. They took the pot away and dropped me off to my parents.


--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cops around the world [Re: TrancedShroom]
    #6240496 -

TrancedShroom said:
nightkrawler said:
i think it's a stupid question. you can't stereotype all cops in one country. there's a mix everywhere. certainly not all cops here are on a power trip. there's plenty of good ones. theres plenty for legalization and see busting people over drugs as a waste of time. theres plenty who signed up because they want to catch murderers, not because they want to get a kick out of giving you a speeding ticket.



Why did you answer?



because he was wanting to let others know that you're categorizing all cops as being the same when in fact they arent, I was about to give a similar response

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* is this guy a cop?
( 1 2 all )
nightkrawler 1,676 36 05/18/07 02:38 PM
by blissedout
* Pakistan has trippy trucks Quake3 548 2 11/02/06 05:30 PM
by Quake3
* Another Drug Story (Cops, Deers, Car Crashes, and Crackheads)
( 1 2 3 all )
StrandedVoyager 8,075 40 10/09/08 03:22 AM
by Merkin
* Another cop run-in... *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
smac1009 4,808 28 06/04/08 09:21 PM
by smac1009
* I took a walk today & cop went crazy on me
( 1 2 3 all )
PriitK 4,861 47 05/23/06 04:10 PM
by Konnrade
* so check out this cop
( 1 2 all )
zSDMF 2,668 25 04/10/08 10:54 PM
by Liquidkick
* Another drunken story (Cops... again, Police Helicopters... again, Gang fight... again)
( 1 2 all )
StrandedVoyager 5,347 22 07/23/05 04:10 PM
by TYL3R
* Cops in my backyard all day. License_to_Chill 1,027 12 05/03/06 11:39 PM
by CUBErt

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,660 topic views. 5 members, 19 guests and 90 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.