Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelionhead
Stranger
who carries the most potent spores? and one other Q
    #2207251 - 12/29/03 07:53 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I ordered some "golden teacher" psilocybin cubensis from sporeworks.com and these things are hardly potent. I'd probably have to eat a half ounce of bone-dry shrooms to trip. So is potency related to the species of the growing technique or both? If it's related to the species (i.e., the spores) can someone recommend a particular strain and the place they ordered from? I'm making spore prints of what I've got now (the golden teacher) anyway, but some variety might be nice.

Also, is there a really comprehensive guide to growing potent, large mushrooms that I could print out all in one go and then go through and read/highlight in my own time? I find that going through the FAQs and teks gets redundant.

My first grow was pretty much a failure. I did a casing technique, but my shrooms never got more than half a centimeter in girth (stem), 4 or 5 inches in height, and an inch in diameter (cap). And, as I mentioned, they were hardly potent at all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: who carries the most potent spores? and one other Q [Re: lionhead]
    #2207256 - 12/29/03 07:56 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

How did you dry them? As this can affect the strength quite a lot, did
you try any fresh as well?

--------------------
er

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2207261 - 12/29/03 08:00 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Don't you think if there was a surefire, easy way to grow huge super potent mushrooms that it would be talked about all the time? Read up and don't be lazy. I also doubt you'd need to eat 14g, if that is true then you have made an error somewhere....most likely during the drying process.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlinelionhead
Stranger
Re: who carries the most potent spores? and one other Q [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2207276 - 12/29/03 08:08 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I tried them fresh and dried. The one time I felt remotely anything trippy was with the dried batch. Anyway, I'm drying on a food dehydrator, set at 95 degrees, but with the top tray taken off (so the hot air isn't circulating), so it's drying at more like 80-85 degrees. I run it for 24 hours and then they're fully dry.

Anonymous

#2207302 - 12/29/03 08:29 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

you probably don't even need to take the top off....I dry on 95 np...in fact I've dried on full heat with no noticable potency loss...I would try a new substrate or new strain or both

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #2207944 - 12/29/03 02:42 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I would forego the dehydrater (I know there are those of you out there that swear by it) but personally Im too paranoid using one of those things. I compared my own fan and desiccant dried shrooms with a friends dehydrated (both grown bulk on the same substrate) and did notice a lag in potency with his (not to mention more noticable darkening/bruising) If you want to grow more potent shrooms try growing bulk, personally Ive grown GT's and found them quite potent (again, grown bulk). If you're still convinced its the strain try anyone of the thai strains (not as large and a little more patience required but quite potent from my experiences).

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlinefungulus
    #2211957 - 12/31/03 01:50 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I've dried bulk fruits in two days in a rubbermaid with dry-z-air and a screen and no fan and no blueing. Don't handle them until they are dry and don't open the container at all. Simple.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: who carries the most potent spores? and one other Q [Re: soochi]
    #2212044 - 12/31/03 02:26 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

"If you're still convinced its the strain try anyone of the thai strains (not as large and a little more patience required but quite potent from my experiences)."

My straight to fruiting chamber casing of lipa pinned in 8 days while my incubated one pinned in 6. :smile:

that doesnt seem to long to me :smile:

--------------------

Offlinemerge_oners
Very Experiancedmakes perfect!
Male User Gallery

Loc: in a very confused societ...
Re: who carries the most potent spores? and one other Q [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #6127411 - 10/03/06 05:04 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
Don't you think if there was a surefire, easy way to grow huge super potent mushrooms that it would be talked about all the time? Read up and don't be lazy. I also doubt you'd need to eat 14g, if that is true then you have made an error somewhere....most likely during the drying process.

i agree, people defiantly exaggerate and expect a real answer, i suggest to attempt again, if he is drying them n his dehydrator that fine obviously because he said thats when he noticed the Pitney why the hell would he want to change the way he dries them.

--------------------
Can you help me figure out why humanity is here? cause im on a mission to find out!

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: who carries the most potent spores? and one other Q [Re: merge_oners]
    #6127471 - 10/03/06 06:17 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Most people say that spawning to poo gets the best potency,That is the only way I ever grew them so I have nothing to compare it to but mine were never lacking in potency

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: who carries the most potent spores? and one other Q [Re: Blutjager]
    #6128788 - 10/03/06 02:58 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Is there some mutated crap GT going around? I've been growing GT for 2 years and haven't had a single problem with potency...

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineNuKe_HaDer
FriendlyNeighborhoodMycologist
Male

Loc: Colorado
Re: who carries the most potent spores? and one other Q [Re: Sam1912]
    #6128936 - 10/03/06 03:35 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I just did a big bulk grow with GT's on 90% poo and 10% straw. My other favorite strain, Cambodians, I always grow with this mix and they come out so potent you can eat a gram and have a great time. An eighth is overkill IMO. The Gt's however, were terrible. Just as you have said 14 grams is probably enough to just get a body high. Once again, these were grown on mainly poo. They didn't turn blue and they didn't even sporulate. There might be a bad strain of GT's around.
Also - I use a dehydrator with my camb's and they are always potent and blue. Haven't had any complaints there. Just my 2 cents.

--------------------
Don't look twice, things are flying faster than ever anymore....you know.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #6128997 - 10/03/06 03:44 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Something is seriously wrong with the current crop of GT genetics that's floating around. I know GT back before it got really popular, and that strain resembles nothing of the one available today. GT became so popular years ago that suppliers could barely keep it in stock. All I can think of is that the strain seriously degraded by too much distribution.

The GT I remember from way back is closer to the Z-strain we know today: Thick caps, thick stems, robust everything. The GT I obtained from a respectable supplier a little while back threw off the most pathetic stringy fruits/poorest yield I've personally ever had. There was also very little potency for being grown on horse manure, something I just don't encounter with cubes.

Everyone is complaining about GT, it's definitely a community issue. That strain used to be badass, now it's turned to shit. I wish I knew where it lost vigor.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlineallnatural
Stranger
Re: who carries the most potent spores? and one other Q [Re: Holydiver]
    #6129112 - 10/03/06 04:07 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Holydiver...do you know which strain that avatar is from? Those look so delicious.

Offlineeclipse
Stranger
Male

Re: who carries the most potent spores? and one other Q [Re: allnatural]
    #6129268 - 10/03/06 04:39 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I am not sure but I think they might be some of workmans recent PE albinos

--------------------
All that is now
All that is gone
All thats to come
And everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

PF

Offlineallnatural
Stranger
Re: who carries the most potent spores? and one other Q [Re: eclipse]
    #6129327 - 10/03/06 04:53 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Those look like button shrooms.

Offlinerackemwillie
Stranger
Re: who carries the most potent spores? and one other Q [Re: allnatural]
    #6129400 - 10/03/06 05:06 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

read this thread called GT didnt teach. i have pics of mine there. i grew GT from several diff vendors and the potency was always fairly low.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6124863/an/0/page/3

Offlineallnatural
Stranger
Re: who carries the most potent spores? and one other Q [Re: rackemwillie]
    #6129545 - 10/03/06 05:41 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Then I wont be wasting my time. I'll stick to the thais and texans.

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: who carries the most potent spores? and one other Q [Re: merge_oners]
    #6129678 - 10/03/06 06:21 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Please check the dates on threads before posting replies people. This thread is almost 3 years old and provides no benefit to resurrect. Thank you.

Offlinen20forme
TRUSTED CULTIVATOR
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA
Re: who carries the most potent spores? and one other Q [Re: Wronguy]
    #6130941 - 10/03/06 11:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Wronguy said:
Please check the dates on threads before posting replies people. This thread is almost 3 years old and provides no benefit to resurrect. Thank you.

Why the fuck not? I have not read it and i found it interesting so just keep your nose out of it. If there is a topic 5 years old and I want to talk about it I am going to just that... It is all about information Buddy so just chill the fuck out...

--------------------
"In the 60's we learned that in order to change the world, we must change ourselves first."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds