Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Hen Of the Woods find today
    #6121146 -

Friend of mine told me he was finding some decent hens lately.  I decided to check my regular hen spots and found this monster.  Tipped the scales at 13.5 lbs.  There were 3 more of equal size, but I could only carry this one.  1 Mile hike back to my car heh arms are killing me.









I'll update if I go back and get the rest. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hen Of the Woods find today [Re: srgtm1a]
    #6121175 -

Very nice. Bon apetit.

Happy mushrooming!


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hen Of the Woods find today [Re: ToxicMan]
    #6121183 -

Thanx toxicman...can't wait to eat them. Found in the exact same spot every year. Just goes to show, if you take care in harvesting, you can enjoy them for years to come.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hen Of the Woods find today [Re: srgtm1a]
    #6121323 -

Enjoy, when you eat these raw they make your mouth/throat numb its kinda weird.


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hen Of the Woods find today [Re: srgtm1a]
    #6121327 -

Very nice find :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing that.


--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hen Of the Woods find today [Re: eris]
    #6121611 -

I went back to the same forest after dropping the first big one off at home. I found some more, as well as a few H. Ulmarius.

Here is a couple pics of the mixed bag. H. Ulmarius + hens



Pics of the Hens:







This forest has a TON of oak trees, I hardley got deep into it before I was filled up with hens again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hen Of the Woods find today [Re: srgtm1a]
    #6121627 -

Nice haul  :thumbup:

I've yet to find hen of the woods, they're as rare as hens teeth where I live...


--------------------




Sectioned Under The Mental Health Act Sat 20-10-07 to Thurs 01-11-07 for playing TECHNO music

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hen Of the Woods find today [Re: Amatoxin]
    #6121661 -

yeah, it's strange where I live too. I only find them in one forest anywhere around here. There are other forests with oaks etc, but never any hens in those. I've got a different forest I go to for every type of mushroom I hunt.

One forest for hens, one for H. Ulmarius, One for Chickens, one for morels etc. I just jot down notes every year as to which forest I found what in and at what time of the year. Then i know when to check the following season.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hen Of the Woods find today [Re: srgtm1a]
    #23714469 -

I found these 3, 2 weekends ago here in the Omaha area. They totaled 14 lb.'s total after cleaning. THere was not much cleaning involved except for cutting some dirt off of the root ends and some spiders in em. They were very fresh and bug free.http://http://


--------------------
I have picked wild mushrooms for over 30 yrs. I built a grow room for mushrooms in the early 90's and grew oyster mushrooms with great success for the first attempt. Out of 20 bales i only had to throw 3 out because of contamination. Now i want to grow again. I currently have King and Blue oyster mushrooms in the GC. The mycelium is going nuts. It is growing through the cardboard boxes i used. I also have some in plastic bins and one container growing on cardboard. In two containers the mycelium is like cotton and over an inch tall....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hen Of the Woods find today [Re: srgtm1a]
    #23714478 -

I took a piece of the maitake and put it in a LC in the glove box and after a week i had some mycelium, but gray like stuff on top of the LC. I threw it out, not knowing if it was mold or what. Has anyone tryed to make a LC from fresh mushrooms?


--------------------
I have picked wild mushrooms for over 30 yrs. I built a grow room for mushrooms in the early 90's and grew oyster mushrooms with great success for the first attempt. Out of 20 bales i only had to throw 3 out because of contamination. Now i want to grow again. I currently have King and Blue oyster mushrooms in the GC. The mycelium is going nuts. It is growing through the cardboard boxes i used. I also have some in plastic bins and one container growing on cardboard. In two containers the mycelium is like cotton and over an inch tall....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hen Of the Woods find today [Re: srgtm1a]
    #23714483 -

Here are some pics of hens and chickens that i found back in Illinois in the 90's. The one pic, we found over 200 lb.'s in that trip, and left some behind. http://


--------------------
I have picked wild mushrooms for over 30 yrs. I built a grow room for mushrooms in the early 90's and grew oyster mushrooms with great success for the first attempt. Out of 20 bales i only had to throw 3 out because of contamination. Now i want to grow again. I currently have King and Blue oyster mushrooms in the GC. The mycelium is going nuts. It is growing through the cardboard boxes i used. I also have some in plastic bins and one container growing on cardboard. In two containers the mycelium is like cotton and over an inch tall....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Hens, Oysters, Lactarius, Corts, and more! Plenty of Pics. eris 3,283 12 10/03/06 09:57 PM
by ToxicMan
* chicken of the woods
( 1 2 all )
shroomaker 21,480 25 09/19/13 01:34 PM
by sof4r0ckeRs1984
* maitake (grifola frondosa)? hen of the woods first find maybe CosmicFunGuy 3,873 10 10/09/06 07:49 PM
by xx76
* Hen of the woods?Updated Pics! snoot 4,434 18 09/11/06 03:12 PM
by greys
* Boletus, Hen of the woods? mjgecko 1,059 2 09/12/06 01:25 AM
by Jim
* chicken of the woods
( 1 2 all )
shanti 4,073 20 10/18/06 09:11 AM
by VampireSlayer
* Hens, Corts, Chants, Amanitas, and more! Timberdoodler 1,184 7 09/21/06 05:26 AM
by koraks
* Into the Woods (Lots of Pictures) ladle3000 1,221 8 10/07/06 08:17 AM
by srgtm1a

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,132 topic views. 0 members, 19 guests and 35 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.