Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLadybug
Stranger
Terrarium help
    #608448 - 04/14/02 10:58 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hey everyone. I know that the more experienced members of this board probably read posts like this everyday and wonder why the person didn't just do their research and find the answer themself. Well I did look over the boards extensively and I have talked to Bluhoney about building my grow chamber. I plan on using The Economy Semi-Automated Terrarium tek that is listed on this website. Bluhoney recommended that I "Try this instead of the tek you mentioned. Take a small fish pump and about a foot of hose and a small bubbler and a Half pint jar. Now take the jar and fill half way with H2O2 connect the bubbler to the hose then to the pump.Melt a hole in your rubbermaid container. Run the tubing through the small hole. Put the pump on one side, and the bubble stone on the other, in the jar. Fill the bottom with 1 inch of damp perlite ( moistened with pure H2O2). Put your casings in and put the cover on and plug in your pump. The H2O2 will break down into oxygen and water, so your fanning will stay to a minimum of once daily."

My only problem is that I want to use a glass aqaurium instead of a rubbermaid container because I want to take advantage of the hoods for the aqauriums. How would I go about using Bluhoney's suggestion, but using a glass aqaurium instead? Thank you for everyones time and knowledge.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Terrarium help [Re: Ladybug]
    #608558 - 04/15/02 01:25 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Well,

You could run the air bubbler hose in from the top...seal it with silicone sealer.
I don't have my air pump inside my fruiting chamber.... I want fresh air!
some people stick them inside....for added heat....I think this is a mistake.
I use a micron filter disc to filter my air pump.
Pull the bottom off the air pump and duct tape a filter disc on to the air pump.
I use a small glass with water and H2O2 mix....just keep it filled....it likes to run out every few days.

You could use a vaccum and suck the stale air out once a day.
Or set up a small dirt devil vaccum on a timer....seen that done.
You would have to cut a hole in the Aquarium top and seal it though.
If you do that....the hose would have to be down near the bottom...to get rid of the CO2....probably the opposite side of the tank than your bubbler.

Fill the bottom with 1 inch or more of damp perlite .....moistened with a 10 to 1 mix of water and H2O2.

Just some thoughts.:) 

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation