Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNewHunter
help
Loc: Washington
The best way to pick shrooms?
    #607605 - 04/13/02 10:01 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Is it best to cut them out or carefully pull them out? I have heard if you pull them out it is possible to dammage a large area of shrooms sence many kinds are connected underground. If you are supposed to cut them where is the best spot? I wanna make all my patches last as long as possible. It is already hard enough to keep a patch safe form other people. Thanks

--------------------
RAIN^^^RAIN^^^RAIN^^^RAIN^^^RAIN

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
Re: The best way to pick shrooms? [Re: NewHunter]
    #608065 - 04/14/02 12:38 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Nobody is gonna argue that the best way to pick fruitbodies is to snip the stem with some scissors. Of course when your up to you neck in cyanescens the scissor method gets way to time consuming and ridiculas. In my experiance any big pasture of mushrooms can only really be picked by pluckin the mushroom from the ground. Its a gray area i guess. Depends on the specie. Baeos for instance i tend to always scissor cut as they never in the numbers that cyans are. Hows that for a rambling answer ehh.

--------------------
stay off my land

Offlinecrazyman
Brass or Steel

Loc: chucktown
Re: The best way to pick shrooms? [Re: NewHunter]
    #608165 - 04/14/02 02:55 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, different folks are gonna have different opinions they stick to regarding this subject. When ever I used to pick, (cubies in SC), I would just thump the cap and pluck the shroom. When I got home, I would "manicure" the shrooms with a razor at the base to remove any attached fecal matter-rinsing them doesn't hurt either-just be sure they dry at a fast rate if you do to avoid mold or rot. If there were 5, or so, shrooms clustered together, I'd always leave the most mature one in the bunch remaining to hopefully seed the next generation. I don't think you can go wrong with that approach.

--------------------
I want to live in Northern Exposure. Ed Chigliak would be my pal.

OfflineNewHunter
help
Loc: Washington
Re: The best way to pick shrooms? [Re: crazyman]
    #608173 - 04/14/02 03:22 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the help you guys!

--------------------
RAIN^^^RAIN^^^RAIN^^^RAIN^^^RAIN

OfflineSplit
enthusiast

Re: The best way to pick shrooms? [Re: cardboard]
    #610333 - 04/14/02 04:30 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

"up to you neck in cyanescens"

SLUT!! :smile:

--------------------
[green]"You'll accomplish more if you start now"[/green]
[red]-Egghead[/red]
[green]TeRzMaStA[/green] is the man.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale