Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
A New Series of my Mystery Pan Shroom (With Pics & Prints)
    #1711058 - 07/13/03 09:34 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hello shroomers and once again GG is adding to the long stream of shroom-mystery-adventures of the reoccuring lawn shrooms found here along the coast of happy sunny southwest Florida.

Since we still don't know what to call them I would like to just put an end to the whole no-name-castaneifolius-"pan caster"-fiasco and start tentively calling them Panaeolus castaneifolius var. manatee
-in honor of the fat manatee whales that swim the waters off the land that these mushrooms grow.
-Though we still cannot rule other them being Pan olivaceus, Pan castaneifolius or another similar but lesser known species..

5 prints on aluminum foil are being made from the 5 largest of these caps;

And in the last photo i tried to capture the light blue color of the stems delicate mycelium
-but i do not think that the color came through correctly.
-and even still you can see in the last picture how the stems are much more swirly and shroomy looking than its non-active sisters-cousin Panaeolina foenisecci (the later of which does not seem to ever occur in my locality.).

Here they are;

Keep shroomin,

GGreatOne234

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineQQQ
Stranger
Re: A New Series of my Mystery Pan Shroom (With Pics & Prints) [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1711102 - 07/13/03 10:25 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

looks like a mix between : lib caps, and silvtica. am i right or wrong???

Anonymous

Re: A New Series of my Mystery Pan Shroom (With Pics & Prints) [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1711114 - 07/13/03 10:32 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

InvisibleVortex
Philosopher
Loc: Pittsburgh
Re: A New Series of my Mystery Pan Shroom (With Pics & Prints) [Re: ]
    #1711711 - 07/13/03 02:59 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm, interesting find. Some of those look like a mix of castaneifolius and liberty caps too. Far from identical, but close in size and color. What color is the sporeprint? Also, what kind of weather are these growing in?

--------------------
Only the ignorant find bliss in ignorance.

Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
    #1713956 - 07/14/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

These have black sporeprints if I'm not mistaken.

I vote for naming them Paneaolus greatoneofolius until we find out exactly what they are    :cool:
I hope they're a new species, and that they will be officially named after the GGreatOne.

BTW,Thanks for the print GG  :grin:

doo 

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

Anonymous

#1715558 - 07/14/03 06:40 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I have been finding those mushrooms in new turf imported into Miami-Dade county. They lack any roughened warts on the spores. I have been lableing them as Pan. acuminatus, based on the similarities with the Identification in Southern Mushroom field guide(microscopically). Macroscopically they change their appaearance quite often, sometimes they hold the dark marginal band, sometimes they don't. THEY ALL HAVE SMOOTH SPORES.

They seem to be Latently active based on the 1 in 50 or so I pick that have some blue tinge to the Attached mycelium. For the most part they just bruise dark brown/grey. They seem to be groing on the dead rhizomes of the St.Augustine Turf. Down here they only appear with any regularity on NEW TURF from the time of planting to the time of Establishment.

Send me some gill fragments for comparison to the ones I am getting down here.

The biggest problem I have been finding is inconsistency between FIELD GUIDES. The only thing that has been universal is the smooth spore versus roughened spores.

Foes= warts
Casters= less warty
acuminatus= smooth

Arora's book mentions the acuminatus but places them under one of the other pan groups, leading to confusion for me. I think he even puts them under a manure Pan. but then mentions LAWNS?

My 2 cents go on the Panaeolus acuminatus. I go with the folks that picked Shrooms throughout the SOUTH, as opposed to those who picked them out west, and just mention related shrooms from throughout the rest of North America. Unfortunately the pictures of the acuminatus look very GREY, and they try and state that they lack the marginal band. These puppies look different depending on the Height of the grass, amount of moisture in the air, the exposure to sunlight, etc......

Offer still stands. You wan't to send me some gill frags, please do.

Sorry ment to post to Greatone, sorry Mr. mushrooms. EDIT

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1717801 - 07/15/03 09:42 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

This is the first i have heard of anyone finding them anywhere else than from sarasota, bradenton, and also in tampa. I figured they would grow over there in miami too.

Awesome news.

Keep up the great shroom detective work Teonan!

I am interested in hearing anything and anything else you can tell us about them! 
:loveeyes: :thumbup: :heart: :loveeyes: :thumbup: :heart: :grin: 

Anonymous

#1717952 - 07/15/03 11:31 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1719027 - 07/15/03 05:21 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Mr Mushrooms, Please click on the third pic and enlarge and you can see the little bright diamond-colored sweats on the mushroom cap? :grin: :sun: :loveeyes: :grin: :sun: :loveeyes: 

Anonymous

#1719040 - 07/15/03 05:28 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Great book!!!

Anonymous

#1720802 - 07/16/03 07:08 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1721121 - 07/16/03 09:49 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

those little diamond sweats are often seen on the caps;
-Panaeolus cyanescens also has the diamond-color sweat.
:grin: :thumbup: :rocket: :stoned: :grin: :thumbup: :rocket: :stoned:   

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1721177 - 07/16/03 10:09 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

By God, you're right GG! What the hell is that?

Those are elfing stones. All the little elf's and dwarfs that live and hide in the spongey loams of fluffy grass clumps within gg's fine net of mycelium which the ggreatoneifolius carves out for itself...it is prefering this type of grass over others for some reason, and the patches seem to dissappear within a short time....Panaeolus ggreatoneifolius. :grin: :heart: :grin: :heart: :grin:

-And i'll also drop another hint on you all; on a good day, pan ggreatoneifolius can actually be exponentially more potent, but usually this exponential potency variation is not very common, it is more common for them to be mild or medium in potency, but i swear by it, i have had a few collections that were more potent than Panaeolus cyanescens. The later mushroom (Pan cyan) i think is cousin to ggreatoneifolius; they have the same swirly (sometimes almost spermy smell) but it is only a hint of the Copelandia that i speak of in taste..the ggreatoneifolius is the tastiest psychoactive mushroom i have ever eaten, because they taste great just like eating a raw button mushroom or another salad mushroom. They also give the mushroom tripper a much more refined "trip". It seems to be a cleaner trip than either Psilocybe cubensis or Panaeolus cyanescens. And also the ggreatoneifolius i have noticed are to make you extremely happy and comfortable, -where-as the cow-field shrooms Cubensis and Copelandia can sometimes feel rough on the stomach and even on the eyes and the face. The ggreatoneifolius give its eater a very relaxed face and eyeball dialations are much more comfortable to observe;

Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234   

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1721205 - 07/16/03 10:18 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Offlinejackgreen
JG
Male
Re: A New Series of my Mystery Pan Shroom (With Pics & Prints) [Re: World Spirit]
    #1723353 - 07/16/03 10:32 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I found some of these growing on horse manure, in a almost 100% dirt field, i thought they were active, then once i saw how they bruised, i had doubts so i tossed them, they felt kinda silky to me.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #1723551 - 07/16/03 11:33 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hey GG:

is this closer? I lowered the red a bit and the green just a tad. I also brought up the lighting.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Edited by concretefeet (07/16/03 11:38 PM)

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: A New Series of my Mystery Pan Shroom (With Pics & Prints) [Re: canid]
    #1724292 - 07/17/03 08:50 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yes! Thanks concretefeet!

Oh they are so yummy, :grin: :grin: :grin: 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck