Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Dehydrator, Dessicant, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Shroom Hunting in Thailand
    #1568572 - 05/22/03 09:06 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I found this photo this mornig a about 6 a.m. inside of a file inmy cabinet.

IT is of Ban hua Thanon cubensis fromthe wild. All found in Buffalo manure.

Notice the length of the stems in these cubeis all found growing in manure inthe rice paddies of nban hua Thanon, Koh Samui in 2001.

Click on image to enlarge:

mj

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Portland, OR
Re: Shroom Hunting in Thailand [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1568576 - 05/22/03 09:08 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i was wondering.. on average how many cubes out of the ones you find have parasites?

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1568739 - 05/22/03 11:13 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Those look real yummy..

The Cubies that you have shown us from Thailand and other Asian countries have a slightly different look to them macroscopically,
-compared to the ones i find here in Florida and in other Gulf coast states..

-The ones you find in Asia have much more brilliant colored bronze caps
-And they also have more brilliantly colored gills.. a different thicker and cleaner and softer shade of dark purple..

Maybe i'm just nuts (:crazy:)
But i think i can see a difference. :cool:   

Offlinebluelou
NUTCASEdrugbucket!
Male User Gallery

Loc: $hroom Central
    #1568742 - 05/22/03 11:17 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Cool!

Look like some F+ iv grown on my avatar there!
The way the caps roll around kind of tight at the edge? :smirk: 

--------------------
Have you tried my(black kow) pile style tek outdoors!!!!!!!!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Shroom Hunting in Thailand [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #1568756 - 05/22/03 11:24 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

ALl of them have fruit fly larvae becasue the flies lay their eggs in the shit. They hatch and crawl up the stems and eat the caps up.
Especially if you do not dry them properly and immediately after picking them. TO dill with them invites the dance of the worms. I have posted images here of the damage caused by worm infestations.

I find it funny inthe Southeast becuase when i was there I met shroomers who ate shrooms inthe fields and such and after about ten or more trips discovered there were worms crawling aaround in many stems.

I would also like to note that I have only had three opr four people who got spore prints from me complain of contamination. I would also say that tens of thousands of my prints have been sold with no contaimination whatsoever.

I used clean paper and a plastic environment over the prints when printing exce-t when packaging. I mail them back to me in seald envelopes and containers and then repackage them for resale at home in a sterile environment.

So parasites are nopt a problem for me. ALthough every year when I go to SOutheast ASia I do have to throw away several shrooms which become infested witht he worms.

The dried Cubensis shrooms I give back to the Muslim farmers I have known for 18 years and they in turn supply them to the restaurant people who serve them in omelettes onthe Full Moon Festival ev ry month.

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Portland, OR
    #1568779 - 05/22/03 11:34 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

kewl.. so if you want to trip on wild cubes.. do you just dry them out as soon as possible and eat them anyways even though they have larvae? wouldn't you risk getting intestinal worms or something like that?

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1568823 - 05/22/03 11:58 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well,

The Cubes here in Florida become infested with bugs during the summer-time.

During the winter time however, The Cubies are ever-so perfect  :smile:
-And that goes for both the Cubensis and the Copelandia's.

During the months of January and December, there are no bugs in the Shrooms
-There might be less shrooms to be found during these months but the mushrooms are of great quality and potency

But during the months of June and July, the bugs and the weather damage the mushrooms.
-But on the other side of this scale, those are the two months that you can find the very most utterly mindshatteringly potent Copelandia's out there
--During the months of June and July i can usually get anywhere from 100 to 10,000 Copelandia mushrooms in a hour,
-And some of those Copelandia's during the summer-time (and i am not kidding you) their stems are Silver and Frosty..very very potent.

Anyways, I have found that a good food dehydrator with a temp. gauge to be the very best for drying mushrooms.
-Set the temp to 110degrees and you have cracker-dry Copelandian's with-in 12-16 hours.

Where-as, if you didn't use the food dehydrator, it might have taken you much longer, and you want to dry you Shrooms with-in 12 hours.
-This way the Copelandians actually retain more of a life-like and more colorful form. And this way your dried Copelandia's have the stained blue color frozen onto the dried mushroom, where-as if you had taken 24-36 hours to dry those Copelandia's, then they would probably be more of a black color, deliquinsce (sp.?)
They would also be less potent and lost their life-like dry form.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Shroom Hunting in Thailand [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1568998 - 05/22/03 01:35 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

-But on the other side of this scale, those are the two months that you can find the very most utterly mindshatteringly potent Copelandia's out there
--During the months of June and July i can usually get anywhere from 100 to 10,000 Copelandia mushrooms in a hour,
-And some of those Copelandia's during the summer-time (and i am not kidding you) their stems are Silver and Frosty..very very potent.

would someone be able to find Copelandias just north of the FL/GA line or do they not go the far north?

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Shroom Hunting in Thailand [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1569094 - 05/22/03 02:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

There are ways to pick Copelandias without any bluing occuring int hem. There are images of picked shrooms at my site which are healthy, bo bluing and v ery potent becasue of proper handling of the copes, proper carrying of them once they have been picked so as not to casue movement damge also is used by me when collecting thema dnt yhe way i pull their little scrawney skinny stems from the ground without bruising them. That took many years to accomplish and understand.

have a shroomy day.

Oh yes the bugs arere in all the manure shrooms, it is jut the real hot weather which makes the eggs hatch and then they feed eating up the inside of the stem to the caps and completely overnight devouring the entire caps of the cubies. In cooler weather they do not hatch so well and can be totally destroyed with wquick drying methods.

I have always air-dried my shrooms. Never had need of a dehydrator or dessicant for storage.

But then that is me.

Others need all kinds of paraphenalia.
mj

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
Re: Shroom Hunting in Thailand [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1569354 - 05/22/03 03:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'd say it's worth looking for them if you're near the GA/FL line... Like in Valdosta perhaps. They probably could be found along the coast near Savannah, GA as well.

Edited by GumbyDude (05/22/03 03:33 PM)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Shroom Hunting in Thailand [Re: Gumby]
    #1569775 - 05/22/03 05:50 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I will look ideed because I'm only about 30 minutes from the state line.

Thanks

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Dehydrator, Dessicant, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification