Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
-== Newbie Setup! Opinions? PICS! ==-
    #604747 -

Here's my setup I designed, the one thing i'm worried about is the lack of a good seal on the top, therefore air gets pushed out the top, and not out the holes at the bottom, which are designed to get rid of most of the C02. It seems pretty cheap and efficent, and I think the humidity should be ok with the perlite. Any ideas on how often I should run the pump, and the lights? thanks guys!



--------------------
"I feel kinda funny!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: -== Newbie Setup! Opinions? PICS! ==- [Re: arcadium]
    #604750 -

If there is a filter on the intake, what is the purpose of the 2 filters on the sides of the tank?

Want to make sure no contams are leaving?

Edited by TheShroomHermit (04/10/02 09:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: -== Newbie Setup! Opinions? PICS! ==- [Re: arcadium]
    #604795 -

The polyfill on the sides is simply to prevent contaminents from comming in, but air can escape when the pump is on.


--------------------
"I feel kinda funny!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: -== Newbie Setup! Opinions? PICS! ==- [Re: arcadium]
    #604823 -

Lookin good Arca... I think it outta work fine.

This was on ShroomGod's Humidifier tek, "In the famous book The Mushroom Cultivator, the appropriate gas exchange level for Cubensis is quoted at a minimum of 1 to 3 times per hour." I would say go from there or talk to someone that uses a bubbler.... I use a cool mist that i run 1 hr. on 2 hrs. off.

If you plan on using a rubbermaid type container and plan on using the rubber lid with glass/plastic in the middle and the lid fits too loose, you can glue some weather stripping around the edge of the lid or container....

If you plan on just laying a sheet of plexiglass or something over the top that should seal alright too...

I learned on my first setup I designed and build that you just have to play around with it to optimize the humidity and air exchange and such...

As for the light I've read that 3 hrs. a day should be sufficient. And I think its better to have indirect light... I used some translucent blue plastic film from a crafts store over my plastic to give it a blue glow and makle the fluro less direct... I read that mushies like blue light...

Good luck man and take some pics if you can when you get it goin....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: -== Newbie Setup! Opinions? PICS! ==- [Re: arcadium]
    #604838 -

Awsome man, ya thanks for the info, i'm still debating whether I should do casing or cakes, i'm kind of a a first timer, (i've witnessed grows) so I think I just might start with cakes.


--------------------
"I feel kinda funny!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: -== Newbie Setup! Opinions? PICS! ==- [Re: arcadium]
    #604963 -

I would just make 1 casing if I were you. You'll learn a lot from it, and you only risk one cake.
Do you remember I owe you a GT print (porn contest - delayed prize), or did you just forget ?


--------------------
:laugh: Visit and support the Free Spore Ring Europe :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: -== Newbie Setup! Opinions? PICS! ==- [Re: arcadium]
    #606310 -

ya man that's awsome, I pm'ed ya so write me back just so I know your still down for it and i'll send ya my info


--------------------
"I feel kinda funny!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: -== Newbie Setup! Opinions? PICS! ==- [Re: arcadium]
    #606361 -

Arcadium...

I'm on my first try (casings) and things are going really well... use birdseed, and make a simple 50/50 casing. Easy and effective.

Good luck,

Slo


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: -== Newbie Setup! Opinions? PICS! ==- [Re: TranceTrippinXTC]
    #606558 -

my plexi lids had a tendency to warp. I just put out a few bucks to have some glass cut at the local glass place.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: -== Newbie Setup! Opinions? PICS! ==- [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #13836834 -

the set up I had used was the combination of the monotub and the 2 tub. first I had drilled holes on all five sides of the first tub.then with the second tub I had placed a fish tank heater and a fish tank air filter, filled that tub with water up to,I would say about 1/4 the way up and placed the air filter tube near one of the holes on the bottom of the first tub so that the heated water when the bubbles splashed up it would go up through the holes. and i had set the heater about to the second/third line for the fruiting stage. for the incubation stage I had set the heater all the way up. and as you can see in my pics. it seems to work. the total amount I had paid for every thing was about $25.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Terrarium setup mod, pics benjamin 1,046 3 02/28/04 02:57 AM
by Mex
* Fan drying setup. Opinions appreciated. freshjive 1,201 7 09/14/02 04:41 AM
by SixTango
* Re: need some opinions (pic) Anonymous 1,918 19 08/04/00 11:07 AM
by Anonymous
* Newbie setup *DELETED* poke smot! 1,013 12 01/11/03 07:23 AM
by shirley knott
* (please look at) My first setup (Lotsa Pics) GeckoKing 1,784 15 10/14/01 06:09 PM
by Abudiwa
* Grow area setup w/pics to help new growers indicaz 2,560 10 06/10/02 12:19 PM
by indicaz
* garage setup: opinions OJK 685 3 03/27/04 01:21 PM
by OJK
* setup question *DELETED* blacksabbathrulz 954 5 06/14/02 05:01 PM
by powderfinger

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,728 topic views. 17 members, 161 guests and 108 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.