Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Classic Rock Radio Station...
    #5965908 -

I've been listeing to 104.3 classic rock a lot lately... I changed the radio station at work cause 106.7 lite FM wasn't cutting it anymore. I've been hearing them play Pearl Jam and R.E.M. on the classic rock station. Am I the only one that's thrown off? Since when is Pearl Jam and R.E.M. CLASSIC rock... I mean i'm not complaining they are great... but it certainly doesn't seem old enough to be considered classic rock.. i mean how can they consider The Band and Pearl Jam classic rock?!?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic Rock Radio Station... [Re: Aninator]
    #5965915 -

you're getting old!
it's just the start :tongue:
:smirk:


--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic Rock Radio Station... [Re: Aninator]
    #5965918 -

Haha, yeah....maybe we're just getting old.  :shrug:  :weirdeyes:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic Rock Radio Station... [Re: Dark_Star]
    #5965932 -

I'm not even 20 yet well you know a couple of months... but... yea getting old is weird.. especially when i can say things like.. dude i haven't done that in like 5 years... or like... i dunno hwen i refer to my past and the time just grows more and more.. i can't imagine being like 40 and saying "wow i haven't done that or seen that or felt that in 20 years.." gah! getting older is WEIRD.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic Rock Radio Station... [Re: Aninator]
    #5965941 -

Yeah it is, going from hating babies to loving them...and watching your friends kids growing up. It's pretty cool, though there are downsides...I just found out a childhood friend died. I'm damn sure not old enough for that to be happening. I much prefer hearing about & seeing new life.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic Rock Radio Station... [Re: Aninator]
    #5965955 -

:yesnod:

i assumed you were older actualy... not much older though...
what's really strange for me is looking at 18 year olds and seing how young they actualy are, when i was 18 i thought i was finelly an adult. there wasn't much i didn't know (how naive was that...) six years later i realize how little i know and how young i still am...
i often feel like i'm 12 years old (mentally anyway)

maybe when i'm 40 i'll finelly feel like i'm 20 and the whole world is finelly at my feet (hopfully i'll manage that befor though!)


--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic Rock Radio Station... [Re: Aninator]
    #5965968 -

104.3 is the shit :yesnod: .. There are a few local stations that I doubt you get up there like 95.9 and 106.3.. they are usually good too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic Rock Radio Station... [Re: Dark_Star]
    #5965969 -

Dark_Star said:
Yeah it is, going from hating babies to loving them...and watching your friends kids growing up. It's pretty cool, though there are downsides...I just found out a childhood friend died. I'm damn sure not old enough for that to be happening. I much prefer hearing about & seeing new life.



that's pretty cool :tongue:
i'm uberly facinated with my little 4 year old neice!
it also makes me connect some dots in my own mind, to forgive and forget about my elders treatment twards me... little kids are so clear and obviuse you suddenly realize where some thigns you do come from, kinda freaky sometimes :lol:


--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic Rock Radio Station... [Re: Simisu]
    #5965976 -

Yeah, my "niece" (one of my best friends daughters, but she's just like a niece to me) is turning 1 this saturday, how the times flies..... Watching her grow and learn is amazing. Seeing her come crwaling toward, squealing happily then grabbing my hair, etc, etc....priceless. I finally understand where parents come from; when she's 21 (my age), I'll still see her as she is now, and was 11 months ago.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic Rock Radio Station... [Re: Simisu]
    #5965978 -

Darkstar - That fortunately is something i really haven't had to deal with yet. i dunno how i'm gonna handle that...

change in general is something... i like until it starts affecting my life in ways i'm not ready for. I love change becuase it helps us learn and grow and all that jazz. but i'm almost DREADING the day when i get older and realize how naive i was at this age... ESPECIALLY at this age... i feel so sure of things sometimes. I'm so passionate about them. but like i hear odler people always talking about them at this age and how much things change and how you realize how naive you really were. I mean... it makes me almost want to be passionate about NOTHING beucase of how little it might mean to me in the future.... sigh... life is so... INTENSE!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic Rock Radio Station... [Re: Aninator]
    #5966014 -

Yeah, it's an adventure. Look at it this way; a life without passion and ideas/beliefs/values, etc is very empty life. That's how I was when I was all strung-out, and I can say this for sure; I'd rather be passionate about something and then laugh about how naive I was years later, then live like the living dead, and look back at my life and go "BLAHHH"


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic Rock Radio Station... [Re: Dark_Star]
    #5966081 -

Thanks for giving my passionate soul a reason to exist... i totally agree... as was it bob dylan who said "lose your dreams you lose your mind"? or was that the Rolling Stones.. in any case.. yea.. that's the damn truth.

What i love about children is how they aren't jaded by some of the harsh realities of life. They are so blunt, honest, innocent and wide eyed. they are fascinated by so much and seem not only willing to learn but EAGER to learn. kids ask so many questions. and so many times it has me stopped and thinking... damn that's a good question.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Classic Rock Radio Station... [Re: Aninator]
    #5966090 -

Yeah, and they tend to remind you of your own childhood too...at least they do that to me.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mr. Blotto - Chicagoland Music Fans (Classic Rock) robbster 572 1 11/15/04 12:06 AM
by Vvellum
* Calling all Classic rock experts adamj 3,243 19 06/15/04 09:25 AM
by oreganojoe
* Classical Music
( 1 2 3 all )
CherryBomM 4,053 45 10/18/05 12:38 AM
by Androctonus
* Radio show about Tim Leary Edame 1,520 3 07/01/03 05:47 AM
by Learyfan
* A Quick Guide to Pirate Radio Listening ivi 2,771 14 03/04/05 01:06 PM
by ivi
* Shroomery Radio
( 1 2 3 all )
CherryBomM 2,769 49 01/10/05 06:05 PM
by TYL3R
* internet radio? Krishna 849 6 05/19/05 03:58 PM
by MovingTarget
* Totally rocking out
( 1 2 all )
HELLA_TIGHT 2,103 21 06/29/05 02:51 PM
by nitroguy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,288 topic views. 5 members, 77 guests and 191 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.