Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Do you fake it with family??
    #5906112 -

Got a family get together tonight. Well it's my wife's family in a technical sense. They took me in when I was about 16 and have seen all the good and bad in our lives since then, about 13 years. The issue is that, even though we're doing great now, there's going to be a bunch of old friends and family friends. The bottom line is most of these people have issues with me, even if they'd NEVER say it to my face, and I don't like them so much, but yet I'm expected to be there. Why?? :confused: Why can't we all admit that my wife and our children are loveable as all get out, but when I'm in the room, people start acting like punks? I have no problem letting my family chill and enjoy the time, but if I'm at the house, there will be less love, the vibe WILL change, and maybe  some problems if anyone decided to flap gums. Should I go? Should I even fucking care?? Sorry for the rant.


--------------------
-God made the weak things of the world to confuse the wise

Edited by ChickenPotPie (07/27/06 05:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you fake it with family?? [Re: ChickenPotPie]
    #5906121 -

Don't give a shit at all. Especially if you, your wife and your family are doing a-ok, fuck everyone else. It might be uncomfortable, but at least you and your family are doing fine. Maybe they're just jealous that you ARE doing fine?


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you fake it with family?? [Re: ChickenPotPie]
    #5906126 -

You should go and be a strong force of anti-bullshit. Project your good ways that you know you have, and ignore the punks, or teach them a lesson. All negativity and upset is based in fear. Be courageous. Face the fear. Tonight its good versus evil. Let's get it on!


--------------------
Nothing you can know that isn't known.
Nothing you can see that isn't shown.
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
It's easy.
All you need is love.
- The Beatles

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you fake it with family?? [Re: ChickenPotPie]
    #5906128 -

I totally fake it with family, especially my in-laws.

Although my new motto is, "fuck you!" so hopefully that will help me not care so much about what they think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you fake it with family?? [Re: tallgreen]
    #5906145 -

I'm feeling this. I'd need to leave in the next 15 or so, but when I was down they all made sure to kidney punch, and even though I cannot stand the atmosphere, maybe I need to. Yeah, I do. Peace Shroomery!!!


--------------------
-God made the weak things of the world to confuse the wise

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you fake it with family?? [Re: ChickenPotPie]
    #5906163 -

Quote:
Do you fake it with family?



the more family,  the faker i have to be

i can handle individual members, but once we all get together... :thumbdown:


--------------------
"Outside of a dog a book is a man's friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read"
-Groucho Marx

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you fake it with family?? [Re: ChickenPotPie]
    #5906240 -

Don't drink or else I'm sure it's going to get nasty.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you fake it with family?? [Re: MOTH]
    #5906243 -

EllemyshShade said:
I totally fake it with family, especially my in-laws.



me too. I'm like "ohhhh yeah" and pretend to cum and they don't know the difference.

wait...


--------------------
TACOS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you fake it with family?? [Re: HeadTripVertigo]
    #5906246 -

I was thinking along those lines too.. faking as in orgasms. :LOL


--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you fake it with family?? [Re: eris]
    #5906331 -

I'm the only hippie/druggie in my richie-fuck wanna be family

Fake fake fake fake fake fake

I can't stand them, they aren't to fond of me

I do my best corrupt their hypocritical 'christian' children :thumbup: They ask me questions, I do my best to free their minds, and ask them the questions they need to hear to free themselves.

I'm still expected to show at the semi annual family get togethers.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you fake it with family?? [Re: Eraserhead]
    #5906335 -

My family is lame too, they think they are all better than me or something. Fuck em I say.. I'm not wasting my time to try and impress people like that.
I never even see them.


--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you fake it with family?? [Re: ChickenPotPie]
    #5906342 -

ChickenPotPie said:
Do you fake it with family??




never, my sister really knows how to satisfy

really though, no, we're really tight knit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you fake it with family?? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5906348 -

Sisterly love is hawt.. too bad I never had a sis.


--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you fake it with family?? [Re: eris]
    #5908093 -

I remove negative people from my life. Family or not.

No, I don't kill them. I lose their number and never see them again.

If somebody cares, he/she can call me and patch things up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you fake it with family?? [Re: nookjohn]
    #5908784 -

Well, I went last night, stayed the course and had a generally good time. It was weird. Maybe people are getting over stuff now that we're growing up, or maybe it was just a spell, but either way, it wasn't like getting my toe nails pulled out like it has been. Thanks for the support guys!


--------------------
-God made the weak things of the world to confuse the wise

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you fake it with family?? [Re: Eraserhead]
    #5908806 -

Eraserhead said:
I'm the only hippie/druggie in my richie-fuck wanna be family

Fake fake fake fake fake fake

I can't stand them, they aren't to fond of me

I do my best corrupt their hypocritical 'christian' children :thumbup: They ask me questions, I do my best to free their minds, and ask them the questions they need to hear to free themselves.

I'm still expected to show at the semi annual family get togethers.



hahaha, thats the spirit! Fake people with a lot of money suck


--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you fake it with family?? [Re: Jenny]
    #5908818 -

Fake people with no money suck worse.


--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you fake it with family?? [Re: ChickenPotPie]
    #5908839 -

I used to try and fake my folks out

these days I'm more honest. 

Its all about a slow process of desensitization. 

My parents used to freak out when they found bags in my room when I was a kid,

now they joke about me bein a pothead at family gatherings :shrug: 

so I guess its just one of those things that parents have to get used to, but I mean they're your parents, they really should love you no matter what.  Its not like they didn't have the chance to legally kill you before you were born :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you fake it with family?? [Re: nookjohn]
    #5908869 -

nookjohn said:
I remove negative people from my life. Family or not.

No, I don't kill them. I lose their number and never see them again.

If somebody cares, he/she can call me and patch things up.



Yeah, the negative people are easy to lose... My problem is that I'd like to lose the half of my family that is my father's side... I've never lived closer than 3 hours away from them, and I've never seen them more than 2-3 times each year...

I've never had a bond with these people, and although I find it very easy to just ignore my father's phone calls and delete his voicemails, when my grandparents on that side start to contact me, or when they start to bring up a half-brother (14 years younger, he's about 10), I start to feel guilty...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you fake it with family?? [Re: ChickenPotPie]
    #5908906 -

With my mother and her sister + husband (aunt & uncle) I can be who I am...

I don't speak to my mother's husband or the half-brother who lives with her.

With my grandparents on my mother's side I just avoid talking about things which could upset them and just kind of ignore it when they try to talk about religion (they were missionaries in mexico for 20+ years), not because I'm being "fake", but because its not worth the trouble to debate issues with them and ruffle feathers. They are family, and even though they have never really been around, I enjoy them attending family events.

My grandparents on my father's side, I feel somewhat less of a bond with. They are very religious as well, and I don't ruffle feathers or debate issues mainly because my grandmother is a worrywort, and I don't want her up every night worried about me and praying for me and shit like that... My grandfather on that side is a very nice person, I don't feel the need to be "fake" with him, but I don't push buttons either...

My father's personality is very... abrasive? I just don't think he's a good person... I don't feel love for him... I visit because I feel obligated to see the half-brothers that live with him and my grandparents who live nearby him... I feel kinda fake around him, because I act like I enjoy being around him, and when he bugs the shit out of me, I just kinda walk away and work through it without blowing up at him...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Are you close to your family? TinTree 1,073 10 01/27/05 03:46 AM
by BanJankri
* Man Accused Of Faking Retardation -- For 20 Years crakkattak 1,489 5 12/08/06 09:17 PM
by WhiskeyClone
* Do you have a "black sheep" in your family?
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 3,299 37 08/16/05 01:45 PM
by Shroomism
* finding family members special_k 581 2 08/13/06 10:18 PM
by special_k
* Nick Berg Beheading Video is a Fake, False-Flag, Psy-op SkorpivoMusterion 2,347 4 06/01/04 09:21 AM
by Phencyclidine
* I hate my fucking parents and most of my family
( 1 2 all )
VampireSlayer 5,556 31 12/04/06 09:07 PM
by DNKYD
* Super pissed off at my GF's grandparents Ogla 1,264 12 12/04/07 08:06 AM
by niteowl
* Should I take the free rent, free tuition, free car? (edited title)
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 1,822 21 10/14/07 06:29 PM
by MOTH

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,386 topic views. 6 members, 13 guests and 77 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.