Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Energy Drinks
    #5806928 -

What's the science behind these? I remember trying some back in the day when there were only like, 2 brands. Now it seems like they're taking off. I've tried a couple of different brands but I really don't know what to make of it. How long is it supposed to last? Can you drink too much? What's the deal with these things and what tastes the best?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Energy Drinks [Re: Newbie]
    #5806936 -

caffeine and Guarana which also contains caffeine. That's basically it I believe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Energy Drinks [Re: cybrbeast]
    #5806954 -

they say on the cans "do not drink more than two cans a day" but fuck that, drink four of them quick and you got a nice little speedy buzz.


--------------------


Nature is my God, Science is my religion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Energy Drinks [Re: DrunkenAttempt]
    #5806959 -

I drank two monsters back to back and had some bright yellow urine when I needed to pee. Umm, I like monster.


--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Energy Drinks [Re: DrunkenAttempt]
    #5806962 -

The ingredients in all the ones I've seen are caffeine, guarana extract (mostly caffeine), green tea extract (Almost pure caffeine), pure glucose, and some vitamins so you look at the label and think it's healthy.


--------------------
"Ignore the distortion you're forced to percieve and believe that what supercedes is love, but who agrees?"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Energy Drinks [Re: some1whoisntme]
    #5807013 -

Yeah I asked becuase I just downed a Monster. It was OK, I mean I did get a little boost of energy but I can't really tell to what extent. I guess No-Doz rule when it comes to a cheap and easy boost.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Energy Drinks [Re: Newbie]
    #5807051 -

Them things are expensive as hell and just make me sleepy when I'm done with them. Though Von Dutch and Full Throttle natural Orange are pretty damn tasty, I don't get the whole energy thing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Energy Drinks [Re: GringoLoco]
    #5807078 -

There are really cheap rip-off versions which taste almost the same, at least where I live.


--------------------
futuretribe.space

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Energy Drinks [Re: Newbie]
    #5807084 -

I like the SoBe ones.


--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Energy Drinks [Re: Newbie]
    #5807190 -

Caffeine, sugar, and vitamins. They turn you into a pee factory. They're fun to drink before physical activity though, I used to drink a red bull before hitting the skate park, lots of fun. Now I stick to unsweetened iced tea, less caffeine, no sugar, and lots of antioxidants. And its dirt cheap compared to red bull.


--------------------
_______________________________________________________________
namaste said:
no flamz in da ODD, if you got nothing to contribute then keep yo lips zipped
_________________________________________________________________

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Energy Drinks [Re: Noviseer]
    #5807208 -

iced tea is the way to go!

My recipe:
4 bags black tea
1 bag mint tea (I reccomend bigelow mint medeley)
1/2 cup sugar
1 lemon
Add the tea bags to 3-4 cups boiling water, let steep 5-10 minutes
Stir in sugar
Pour over enough ice to make 1/2 gallon.
Add the juice of the lemon


--------------------
"Ignore the distortion you're forced to percieve and believe that what supercedes is love, but who agrees?"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Energy Drinks [Re: Newbie]
    #5807212 -

As they say, it's mainly a combination of caffeine and sugar.  Sometimes they'll put in very small quantities of supplements such as ginseng, milk thistle, etc...  But the quantities are insufficient to really have any effect--not to mention the fact that supplements like milk thistle haven't been studied properly or comprehensively.  --> I think it's mainly for marketing.

I drink 'em occasionally -- bearing in mind that spooning tons of sugar/s in my mouth probably is not that healthy.
It is interesting how popular they've gotten.  People just want a quick fix for energy; like for most things.

It's a bummer that they made ephedrine illegal in the U.S.  That stuff was a step up from caffeine.  -But, having personally done speed and mountains of coke, caffeine and ephedrine don't exactly knock my socks off.
P.S.  My favorite one is Lil John's Crunk!!! juice.  :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Energy Drinks [Re: some1whoisntme]
    #5807214 -

Hell yeah I live on iced tea. I don't think a day has gone by without me having at least ONE sobe oolong tea. Even in my fridge all I keep is homebrewed tea.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Energy Drinks [Re: some1whoisntme]
    #5807216 -

My recipe:
4 bags black tea
1 bag mint tea (I reccomend bigelow mint medeley)
1/2 cup sugar
1 lemon
Add the tea bags to 3-4 cups boiling water, let steep 5-10 minutes
Stir in sugar
Pour over enough ice to make 1/2 gallon.
Add the juice of the lemon



Sounds good. Maybe I'll try that sometime.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Energy Drinks [Re: Newbie]
    #5807322 -

Monster tastes the best. Especially with vodka.

VPX Redline gives me the most boost. Found at almost all GNCs, and also online(for much better prices).


--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Energy Drinks [Re: Newbie]
    #5807330 -

Vitamins, caffiene and sugar.... these are a few of my favorite things

Is there a drink that includes beer, pot and mushrooms? I'd dig that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Energy Drinks [Re: Land_Crab]
    #5807338 -

Land_Crab said:
It's a bummer that they made ephedrine illegal in the U.S. That stuff was a step up from caffeine. -But, having personally done speed and mountains of coke, caffeine and ephedrine don't exactly knock my socks off.




ephedrine isn't illegal.

it's not even scheduled.

you can buy it OTC.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Energy Drinks [Re: deryl]
    #5807355 -

Yeah so far I like Monster and Rockstar. Red bull just taste like crap imho. Never mixed with Vodka though, any ratio to follow?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Energy Drinks [Re: Newbie]
    #5807378 -

I like rockstars but the Mango flavored kind, (yes in the orange can)...the regular kind is nasty. The Mountain dew energy drink is good too!
Hey I needed something different to wake up, coffee isnt enough for me in the morning..
I hate that they are 2 bucks or more a can, depending on the size.
I wish I could afford to buy them more often.

Edited by skunk78395 (06/30/06 05:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Energy Drinks [Re: deryl]
    #5807404 -

deryl said:
ephedrine isn't illegal.

it's not even scheduled.

you can buy it OTC.



I checked it out deryl, and for the most part, you are right.  However, three states have banned it: California, New York, and Illinois.  Of course I live in one of those states.  :mad2:
I think maybe what caused me to make the original statement, aside from the stuff being banned in my state, is that the FDA has been trying to get it banned across the country for about the last 15 years.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Energy drinks?
( 1 2 all )
Trainwreck 6,027 32 10/14/09 01:25 PM
by schutzemdown
* Energy Drinks CherryBomM 1,835 18 04/15/05 09:59 PM
by Dark_Star
* caffeine...
( 1 2 all )
mnbv 3,495 25 12/19/04 02:06 PM
by sander
* caffeine
( 1 2 all )
Adom 4,200 24 06/26/05 09:41 PM
by ShaMan1988
* Watcha drinking tonight?
( 1 2 all )
TODAY 1,985 25 02/25/05 09:41 PM
by Skunk420
* No Caffeine = Bad Mood? MOTH 1,750 12 04/25/04 03:19 AM
by Noviseer
* caffiene doesnt seem to stimulate me MrBump 1,457 11 02/15/05 10:16 AM
by looner2
* You're Views About Caffeine..
( 1 2 all )
Mushie_Man 6,306 39 11/19/04 02:08 PM
by deoxy187

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,904 topic views. 2 members, 41 guests and 238 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.