Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Mental disorders!
    #5802433 -

Hi, first I would like to thank everyone who went to nelsons ledges last weekend. Great times :smile:
  I am posting this to see if anyone knows anything about payable mental disorders. (Many people here should qualify) I am currently awaiting a desciion to be made on how impaired I am from my mental injurys from Iraq. The disorder is Called PTSD. (Post tramatic stress disorder) THe disorder is casued by survivng tramtic events. ( So far I have been hit head on by a suburban doing 65 mph, a hummvee wreck, I watched about 12 of my friends get blow up in Iraq, My best freidn was killed while driving drunk, I went to vegas with my friends family and while we were gone the son commited suicide, I have almost been blown up myself about 10 times, I was thrown the the windshield of a crx, My lawn mower burst into flames and gave my 3rd degree burns on my legs, I made it through boot camp with cracked ribs and a fractured foot and regular life stuff... (no wonder I do sgurD) My question is this. Once a physician has DX with a condition and you begin reciving compensation how long will you continue to get paid. Is it a life long thing or is there a cut off time 1- 10 years. I am really confused as to what is going to happen to me next. If you know anything about Disability please share some info.. PS When they first began treating PTSD they prescribed Extascy to help the patients... no wonder I like rolls.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental disorders! [Re: xScottx]
    #5802440 -

I don't know about the regulation.
I do know that they didn't prescribe MDMA for treatment. They used it in conjunction with therapy sessions with pretty good results.


--------------------
futuretribe.space

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental disorders! [Re: xScottx]
    #5802536 -

Hopefully the payments are not a lifelong thing... that would be bad for you. Don't take this personally, but receiving handouts for the rest of one's life tends to turn people into lazy, dependent parasites.

You'll receive support for a while, but PTSD isn't something I beleive is considered incurable, so chances are you've got a timespan to worry about. Focus yourself on getting the most of your therapy and work hard to get back on your feet. It's possible that the money will dry up sooner than it should, veterans often get shafted that way.


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental disorders! [Re: Konnrade]
    #5802546 -

some people can not hold a job and need those hand-outs...


--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental disorders! [Re: cybrbeast]
    #5802564 -

cybrbeast said:
I don't know about the regulation.
I do know that they didn't prescribe MDMA for treatment. They used it in conjunction with therapy sessions with pretty good results.



indeed, not a presciption but in a therapy setting.

why not ask your physician or someone else who really knows how this works. thst's the place to ask something like that on your specific situation, not here.

good luck :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental disorders! [Re: stefan]
    #5802626 -

I had a buddy in the National Guard try to get in on that study... They only took 12 soldiers...  He died before the program started :frown:


--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental disorders! [Re: Jim]
    #5802646 -

Jim said:
some people can not hold a job and need those hand-outs...



Yes, I know... I'll admit to over-generalizing. But my hyperbole has a moral... whenever possible, resist the temptation to rely on the handouts longer than you need to.

We're all tempted to remain dependant when on the dole... resisting that is key.


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mental disorders! [Re: Konnrade]
    #5802649 -

Aye, I couldn't agree more.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Who has a mental illness? *group share time* ;-)
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
MOTH 10,693 83 05/13/20 09:38 PM
by deadwk
* Attention smokers! marijuana 'doubles mental health risk'
( 1 2 all )
Xionide 4,871 28 03/01/05 06:26 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Name your favorite psychological disorder!
( 1 2 all )
Jadian 2,654 32 10/20/06 07:00 PM
by TheSlapnCapn
* Mental Therapy OneMoreRobot3021 2,021 18 06/02/06 01:34 PM
by MOTH
* The Mental Health Dept. Answering Machine LHK 820 3 02/13/07 03:51 PM
by Cowgold
* 8 out of 10 mentally ill patients are heavy cannabis users
( 1 2 3 all )
Amatoxin 8,806 47 07/21/09 07:49 AM
by Prisoner#1
* MDMA in conjunction with Generalized anxiety/Bi Polar dybran25 1,244 5 09/16/06 08:57 PM
by longtimegone
* . LayYouIn 1,640 12 02/15/07 08:37 PM
by LayYouIn

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
996 topic views. 3 members, 39 guests and 58 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.