Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
poppy ID pics inside
    #5651479 -

ok I was gonna just post this in another thread but what the hell I'm feeling adventurous(sp?) :P ya I'm lame I know...anywho these plants popped up outta nowhere and after growing some tassies last year in the first stage(died when I tried to transplant) I'm pretty confident these are papaver somniferum...only thing is I didn't put seeds there and I don't think they can survive the winter..must have gotten on clothes or SOMETHING...they are after all very small...1/4 size of the poppy seeds u eat in case you haven't worked with em

these already look much better then what I had last year









so what do u guys think? I think its probably papaver somniferum but I have no clue what strain

EDIT: heres last years tassies...keep in mind these were in a pot not in the ground...these ones in the ground seem healthier to me





there is some difference but I think its either just a diff strain or its from being in the ground apposed to a lil pot(I am gonna add straw soon..will keep the roots cool and hold moisture once its fully summer and the rain is scarce(sp?)




Edited by Iamthewalrus (05/19/06 11:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: poppy ID pics inside [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #5651833 -

well I just did a side by side comparison and the jaggies on the both are pretty much indentical...so I think its safe to assume I got some somniferums going...there is no other similar looking plant with teh same rich green

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: poppy ID pics inside [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #5652329 -

Im not an expert or nuthin man, but that 1st batch look pretty wierd, and kinda not like any papavar Ive seen b4. They just look a bit too rounded.That said, dont be disheartened by my comments, i might well be totally wrong.
I'd just hate to imagin how youd feel if you took the time and effort to grow then and they end up being somethin useless.

Anyway mate, good luck

Paradok


--------------------
rehab is for quitters

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: poppy ID pics inside [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #5652925 -

they dont look like it to me at least not the bottom ones. the first leaves are to large for p.somniferum. but hey i could be wrong. doubtfull though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: poppy ID pics inside [Re: durban_poison]
    #5657029 -

u mean the bottom with the straw? cause I thought for sure those were p. somniferum...your probably right about the first set of pics...since I didn't even put down seed...I just hope I can get some to go to pod this year

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: poppy ID pics inside [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #5657054 -

after looking at some pics of poppies I still think these look like they could be...I dunno guess I'll find out

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: poppy ID pics inside [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #5766142 -

Those are definately NOT poppies. Those are weeds that look almost identical when young. I weed those in my garden all the time and they grow right next to my real poppies and they almsot trick me every time. Just give it time. You'll see. I am %100 posotive those ARE NOT poppies of any strain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: poppy ID pics inside [Re: extrajordanary]
    #5767751 -

looks like this one to me:






[imgage]http://www.natuurlijkerwijs.com/afa91c10.jpg[/image]


--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I need some help with a poppie id.
( 1 2 all )
slppe 3,673 21 06/21/03 05:51 PM
by Psilocybeingzz
* believe this is poppy(id) rosewoodpete 1,062 10 05/15/03 05:32 PM
by neuro
* poppies blooming! (pics) *DELETED* psilocybe cubensis 3,223 5 06/16/01 04:53 PM
by CLuB99
* Opium poppy seeds to get shaganoz 6,131 1 06/23/02 02:19 PM
by shaganoz
* Poppies
( 1 2 all )
recalcitrant 5,129 30 12/09/04 10:51 PM
by kadakuda
* Stages of the poppy BigBlackNinja 1,948 6 05/17/03 11:53 AM
by strang
* Papaver Somniferum: First sign of flowering Pics. SalviaEngland 1,156 6 06/20/04 04:45 PM
by Olgualion
* P. Somniferum
( 1 2 all )
@cro 3,362 25 07/12/04 02:54 PM
by Aneglakya

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
1,118 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 18 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.