Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Background Checks
    #5629823 -

I got a job at a summer camp, ill be an RA for 8 weeks there.

I recently have gotten into some legal trouble. On paper, it is a ticket for "throwing an object from a moving vehicle", but in reality, it changed to a drug related issue after a drug test. Im on probation for a year, with twice monthly testing, and a meeting once a month.

I found out that my employer will be doing a background check. This is my first and only offense.

1. Im in a program where my record will be clean once I complete probation. Does that mean its on my record now? (I live in Michigan)

2. I know this is a pretty specific scenario, but do you think that even if they did find out, since its technically not a drug related or violent offense, Ill get by?

3. Because of paperwork being lost in the mail, the check will be done within the first days of camp. It would be a major bitch to get all set up, then have to pack up and head home. My boss seems like a nice guy, would it be better to notify him of the offense now? (not all the drug type stuff or anything)

Im just really nervous, thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Background Checks [Re: bhamlaxy]
    #5629949 -

You're working with kids, I'm guessing they're going to submit a CORY on you. YES, this will appear and most likely, it'll be a big deal. Working with kids requires a high degree of responsiblity on the part of the program, employing criminals is generally not something they do. I'm sorry man, but I don't think you've got much of a chance. Your best bet is to explain to the boss what the deal is, and hope you can convince him that it's not a big deal. If they go ahead and do it on their own, it will show up and you will lose your job, I'm almost 100% certain. Working with kids is something they have to be extremely careful with in who they employ.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Background Checks [Re: danamine]
    #5630000 -

So I should talk to him beforehand? The thing is im an 18 year old, who is specialized in the camps focus (debate, like the forensics type thing).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Background Checks [Re: bhamlaxy]
    #5630075 -

I would, no use putting it off, the more upfront you are with him, the more time he has to think about it and it looks better on your part, like you're an honest guy for giving him so much notice. That way he isn't all pissed off an having to make a decision like, right when the camp starts. one thing you could do, is ask the police involved inyour case if your charge would show up in a background check, I dunno if you've been convicted or anything, but maybe do that first, and if it would, then tell him.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Background Checks [Re: danamine]
    #5630102 -

Ive been convicted and sentenced. Would calling my probation officer help?

I dont know if it matters, but a police officer knew I was on probation when I was pulled over for speeding, so Im pretty sure theres a little mark next to my name.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Background Checks [Re: danamine]
    #5630137 -

You're not Micheal Jackson are you??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Background Checks [Re: bhamlaxy]
    #5630151 -

It's awesome because as the Gm of a small store I can do background checks on all my workers legally. I mostly do it before I hire people
Just recently I did an interview with a guy who had an armed robbery pending. It was funny cause he totally fooled me. I ended up hiring a college kid with a clean record who smokes lots of weed and is cool as fuck.


--------------------
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Decides Who's Left."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Background Checks [Re: Kerbouchard]
    #5632391 -

Luckily I emailed my boss, and it appears as if its all going to work out in the end. Since it isnt working with younger kids, its not a big deal. Hell, because I'm younger for my grade, theres a chance Ill be supervising kids that are older than me (19 year old seniors)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Background checks and you ? PrisonSong 1,127 9 01/30/05 10:53 PM
by blissedout
* Check yo' Self. (checking your own background) PrisonSong 1,217 9 02/02/05 08:11 AM
by iluan
* Guess who is off probation! Vulture 1,241 11 04/03/04 05:52 AM
by Tomatadunothing
* Probation Question: Zero Tolerance Condition? shroomer44 2,762 10 09/14/04 01:05 PM
by Anonymous
* Check this out... DailyPot 1,825 8 11/29/03 05:43 PM
by DailyPot
* Criminal Background Check encryptor 708 2 03/16/05 10:28 PM
by Adden
* simple programming funkymonk 912 6 02/26/03 03:33 AM
by djfrog
* Check This Out ... w/Poll
( 1 2 all )
JettaJay 2,835 27 01/17/05 11:38 AM
by InnerBeing

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
951 topic views. 2 members, 22 guests and 136 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.