Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Artist Conk ...?
    #5623458 -

I took a short walk though the woods, just long enough to smoke a joint,



Anyway I found a conk,

Though my guides dont have many listed or I just dont see it.

I think this specimen might be not be an ideal one to observed.




The best I could do was Artist Conk or a Fomitopsis Pinicola. And yes it would help if I knew the tree it was growing out of...lol


I did not know when starting hobby this that I would now need to ID trees as well, now I gotta get another field guide.

I will look funny tramping thorough the woods carrying a Library with me....lol


Anyway thanks all  :bouncysmoke:


--------------------


Atheist Chat

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Artist Conk ...? [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5623665 -

It shure looks like Artist Conk to me. Artist Conk's are common in both Washington and Organ. They will be found on alder trees that are dead or dying. I find them near streams, rivers, lakes, and ponds. I usually let one dry in my house for about two months befor painting so that the image doesn't shrink. Also, if you can find a Artist Conk that is just staring to grow, you can take and lean a small stick against it so that the conk grows around it. Then when you go to paint the conk you can have a tree with a broken off limb ware the stick was at.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Artist Conk ...? [Re: DaveTX]
    #5623688 -

Also, another cool artistic thing that you can do with these conks is cover your hand with golden bond foot powder, then take your hand in the flip-off position and press it firmly against the pores or the conk. Go back and pick the conk a week later and it will look tho-as-if the conk grew around your hand.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Artist Conk ...? [Re: DaveTX]
    #5624482 -

ahh ok very cool. I did not know that.

Yeah it was on the west coast, near a stream in the mountains, well only 900ft or so...

Thanks for the info man.


--------------------


Atheist Chat

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014
( 1 2 all )
xfsketch 2,518 26 06/25/14 12:31 AM
by xfsketch
* artists conk TomJoad 1,066 2 07/23/03 10:00 PM
by Anonymous
* is this Artist Conk? TheShroomanizer 1,140 2 11/10/10 09:31 AM
by Twiztidsage
* Latest artist conks.
( 1 2 3 all )
xfsketch 3,770 41 09/09/14 07:41 PM
by xfsketch
* Artst conk?! herb420 916 5 09/04/09 04:12 PM
by herb420
* Chicago Mushroom ID request for item B -- Artist's Conk (Ganoderma applanatum)? scalmhunter 889 3 02/05/12 02:42 PM
by The Thinker
* Thinking of making Artist's Conk (Ganoderma applanatum) tea xfsketch 2,472 9 10/23/13 10:36 AM
by xfsketch
* Mysterious Shiny Blue Conk WTF? BlueLightRain 1,209 7 01/18/14 05:30 PM
by BlueLightRain

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,089 topic views. 0 members, 12 guests and 63 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.