Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014
    #19833504 -

Found this last years conk today. Still unsure what Im painting/etching on it.


--------------------
Might Take Some Time, But I Will Find It! Whatever it is. Im a determined person!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014 [Re: xfsketch]
    #19836677 -

i too have an affinity for these things.  always looking for the perfect one.  we have a lot of artsy friends and i give them these in exchange for a nice work of art.  i've yet to get any back yet though and i don't have an ounce of artist in me :frown:  ha i carried about a 15lb one for 5 miles the other day cause it was perfect.  i was dying when i got back to the truck.


--------------------
I'm never 100% on anything, just close enough to risk looking foolish.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014 [Re: Uhurungus]
    #19839094 -

Artists conks are among my favorite. Ive become known for etching them. Since last year when I started. Thats cool you found a nice one that big. I found a bunch today but they are all dark underneath from the winter. I collected a couple anyway. It takes them a while to grow so
I will be more sparingly in the future knowing this.


--------------------
Might Take Some Time, But I Will Find It! Whatever it is. Im a determined person!

Edited by xfsketch (04/13/14 05:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014 [Re: xfsketch]
    #19839229 -

Sweet! Any morels yet? I see they are starting to be found in the O :smile:


--------------------
I don't mind being ogled, ridiculed, made to feel minuscule.
If you consider the source, it's kinda pitiful
The only thing you really know about me is.....That's all you'll ever know!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014 [Re: art2312]
    #19839271 -

I looked around and didnt see any yet. Still no new fruits of anything really. I went riding today with 5 friends and
I found the ultimate ovoid spot. There was knotweed growing everywhere in a huge flood plain along a atream that leads to the Ohio river. I looked around and saw nothing but Im going back soon! Man is it perfect. Wish I had pics. So they are finding Morels now in Ohio? Whered you see that?


--------------------
Might Take Some Time, But I Will Find It! Whatever it is. Im a determined person!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014 [Re: xfsketch]
    #19839291 -

Looks like I have to go hunting tomorrow :wink:


--------------------
Might Take Some Time, But I Will Find It! Whatever it is. Im a determined person!

Edited by xfsketch (04/13/14 06:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014 [Re: xfsketch]
    #19839416 -

Morels.com - go to message boards, then Ohio... I don't remember off the top of my head exactly where they are finding them, but go to that site! Nice people, but not shroomery knowledgeable :wink: lol
Lots of great info tho!!


--------------------
I don't mind being ogled, ridiculed, made to feel minuscule.
If you consider the source, it's kinda pitiful
The only thing you really know about me is.....That's all you'll ever know!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014 [Re: art2312]
    #19839438 -

Ok thanx Art! I might be wrong but they dont seem to be fruiting here yet in my area.


--------------------
Might Take Some Time, But I Will Find It! Whatever it is. Im a determined person!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014 [Re: xfsketch]
    #19839473 -

I went there and the latest post in ohio was april 4th.i will read some posts. Still appreciate the info.


--------------------
Might Take Some Time, But I Will Find It! Whatever it is. Im a determined person!

Edited by xfsketch (04/13/14 07:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014 [Re: xfsketch]
    #19839700 -

I looked at the progression map for 2014 looks like they havent started here yet. Close though :wink:


--------------------
Might Take Some Time, But I Will Find It! Whatever it is. Im a determined person!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014 [Re: xfsketch]
    #19841787 -

Sorry bout that :wink: probably saw Iowa or something lol... kinda dyslexic sometimes, I guess :smile:


--------------------
I don't mind being ogled, ridiculed, made to feel minuscule.
If you consider the source, it's kinda pitiful
The only thing you really know about me is.....That's all you'll ever know!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014 [Re: xfsketch]
    #19842217 -

Yo xfsketch, I love your etchings! What do you use to mark them?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014 [Re: o8u]
    #19842544 -

@Art its cool buddy. I could be reading it wrong too. I read once scarlet cups are out so are Morels. That one I found was a week ago.
@o8u I use a few things depending. Like I use a little flathead screwdriver for repairing eyeglasses, some diamond tipped dremel heads tapped to pencils, Ive used a pocket knife too. TY for the compliment. I like your avatar! Looks like a fairy ring gone rogue lol!


--------------------
Might Take Some Time, But I Will Find It! Whatever it is. Im a determined person!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014 [Re: xfsketch]
    #19848456 -

I found the ohio listings for morel finds. Its getting closer here.


--------------------
Might Take Some Time, But I Will Find It! Whatever it is. Im a determined person!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014 [Re: xfsketch]
    #19848654 -

Check this site out, it'll be super helpful in your hunt:
http://treebarkid.com/index.php/american-elm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014 [Re: o8u]
    #19848861 -

Thank you o8u :smile: checkin it out.


--------------------
Might Take Some Time, But I Will Find It! Whatever it is. Im a determined person!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014 [Re: xfsketch]
    #19848875 -

I always thought when trying to ID trees that I should learn to recognize the bark becausevits what I see most. That an look for leaves on the ground nearby. Im slowly learning. I can Identify maple, sassafrass, tulip poplar, beech and white pine. The link will be helpful :smile: as well as the link Art posted :smile:


--------------------
Might Take Some Time, But I Will Find It! Whatever it is. Im a determined person!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014 [Re: xfsketch]
    #19848893 -

I know how to find Sycamore pretty easily I think. On google earth they show up white :wink:


--------------------
Might Take Some Time, But I Will Find It! Whatever it is. Im a determined person!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014 [Re: xfsketch]
    #19848906 -

I like how that link says elms will often have leg like roots exposed on atleast one side of the trees base. Good tip


--------------------
Might Take Some Time, But I Will Find It! Whatever it is. Im a determined person!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ganoderma Applanatum (Artists conks) Art 2014 [Re: xfsketch]
    #19848966 -

MAD Buck :wink:


--------------------
Might Take Some Time, But I Will Find It! Whatever it is. Im a determined person!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ganoderma applanatum poboy 3,577 6 03/04/09 02:17 AM
by chobumms
* Artist Conk ...? Snaggletooth 1,089 3 05/13/06 12:24 PM
by Snaggletooth
* artists conk TomJoad 1,066 2 07/23/03 10:00 PM
by Anonymous
* Ganoderma species? teknix 621 2 01/26/09 11:12 PM
by teknix
* Ganoderma? from Puerto Rico (Ganoderma resinaceum??) BlimeyGrimey 5,208 18 03/22/08 08:34 PM
by BlimeyGrimey
* . *DELETED* *DELETED* wisp 1,656 19 10/15/08 03:40 AM
by wisp
* Ganoderma lucidum zeronio 2,155 9 07/15/03 11:53 AM
by Anonymous
* ID please... Pics! angryshroom 935 1 07/13/02 05:50 AM
by ToxicMan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
2,518 topic views. 0 members, 11 guests and 63 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.