Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblenot2sure
journeyman
Loc: west coast
shes bummed...any advice?
    #548255 - 02/11/02 08:46 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

hey all,
well, my friend is bummed. she was expecting a lot more from her first flush of pans, but apparently she did something wrong. she sees three pins, only one of which , three days later, has reached two inches high, the other two are still tiny itty bitty.shes not sure what went wrong, but she does have another case of them with good white fuzzy mycelium growth on the casing, but this is the second time shes cased this container, and she thinks shes not initiating the pins correctly.some specs...
the terrarium is a rubbermaid container turned upside down, which has constant airflow via a double hosed air pump. sometimes one of the hoses pumps air into a wooden airstone inside a jar full of water and a few ounces of h2o2, which creates smaller bubbles and mists in to the air. theres about 1 inch of perlite soaked with water and h2o2 to provide the proper RH. the walls are all fogged, with droplets always on the sides, but never too drippy. theres a heating pad under the tank to keep it ~80ish she imagines, maybe a bit warmer? too warm?
the casings, seem moist, never dry...the second container has great mycelium growth but shes worried about overlay. should she just let it do its thing or recase everytime the casing gets too "white"

she appreciates any advice you guys can give, and some of you already have answered a few of her questions already, i guess she needs some more reassurance when starting a new adventure!

tia
not2sure

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefresh357
addict

Re: shes bummed...any advice? [Re: not2sure]
    #548257 - 02/11/02 08:51 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

what did you case them with?

Invisiblenot2sure
journeyman
Loc: west coast
Re: shes bummed...any advice? [Re: fresh357]
    #548276 - 02/11/02 09:22 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

50/50 of peat / verm
water to taste :smile:

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation