Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
geokills, typical form
    #5394982 - 03/13/06 11:49 AM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Its nice to know you'll close a thread based off of the desire of the sponsor that is being criticized in that thread.  "closed due to vendor's request"... no wonder he wants it closed everyones saying what a ripoff his prices are.

My point is this, geokills.  If the thread had run its course, it would get buried.  Obvoiusly your concern is with the vendors and the checks you go deposit at the bank and not the community members.  Last i checked this was a forum to discuss sponsors and people's experiences with them.  If you shut down posts just to stifle this, what is the point of having this forum?

just my 2 cents, i'm not surprised at all tho.  In fact i'm almost positive this will be locked or deleted. :smile: waka waka!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePermuhGrin
WSW

Re: geokills, typical form [Re: vivid]
    #5395008 - 03/13/06 11:58 AM (18 years, 10 days ago)

I have to agree. Freedom of speech except against those that pay our bills. doh! Sounds alot like a government I know.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: geokills, typical form [Re: PermuhGrin]
    #5395027 - 03/13/06 12:03 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

vivid there's a diffrance betwine a gangup and simple critisizem!!!
that being said... if this new vendor is really that bad he won't get away with it either way!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

OfflinePermuhGrin
WSW

Re: geokills, typical form [Re: Simisu]
    #5395041 - 03/13/06 12:08 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Yeah, I guess if we dont like it we can go elsewhere. I for one will be staying. Too much information to learn here not to. Just trying to play devils advocate.

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: geokills, typical form [Re: PermuhGrin]
    #5395051 - 03/13/06 12:13 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

I wouldn't say it was a gangup, there were people defending the vendor too... And this forum is partly for criticism, feedback to the vendors etc. The point is the thread shouldn't have been locked, and it was locked because someone who sent geo a check said he wantd it locked. If i sent them 5% more than he did, i bet i could get it unlocked... its nice to know how far paper goes here now.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #5395097 - 03/13/06 12:29 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

vivid said:
Its nice to know you'll close a thread based off of the desire of the sponsor that is being criticized in that thread.  "closed due to vendor's request"... no wonder he wants it closed everyones saying what a ripoff his prices are.

My point is this, geokills.  If the thread had run its course, it would get buried.  Obvoiusly your concern is with the vendors and the checks you go deposit at the bank and not the community members.  Last i checked this was a forum to discuss sponsors and people's experiences with them.  If you shut down posts just to stifle this, what is the point of having this forum?

just my 2 cents, i'm not surprised at all tho.  In fact i'm almost positive this will be locked or deleted. :smile: waka waka!

Oh come on man, cut me some slack.  Sure I ultimately locked the thread because the vendor asked me to, but had I read that thread earlier today, I likely would have locked it on my own without his direct request.  The thread in question had totally run its course, both sides had said what they had to say and it was only going to go in circular fashion from there.  I'm not censoring the topic, as anyone who does a proper BB search on "Mycoshack" should have no trouble finding the thread in question. 

However, I am also not going to force vendors to price-fix for our community; so since the point was clearly made that some people had perceived high prices from the new vendor, and the new vendor responded, even with the intent to negociate better cost of goods and pass some savings on to the customers, what more needs to be said?  Particularly given that a certain user wanted to make a big stink out of this by deleting all their posts.. I mean come on, I don't want to feed dramatics so if you want to just have a continued bitch-fest, take it to the off-topic.  It was the overall tone of the thread that caused me to close it, and not so much the fact that users may question the prices of a certain vendor. 

Please read [this post I made in a related Pub thread].

PS.  I won't close this thread, but I will move it to WA&F where it belongs.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#5395160 - 03/13/06 12:51 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

vivid said:
The point is the thread shouldn't have been locked, and it was locked because someone who sent geo a check said he wantd it locked. If i sent them 5% more than he did, i bet i could get it unlocked... its nice to know how far paper goes here now.

At some point the Shroomery devolved from an information sharing site to a business venture. I do not hold Ythan in any sort of lower regard for wanting to cash in, but it is kind of sad to watch.

Quote:

Rono said:
"Are you suggesting that donations buy influence? Or that members that do not have supporter accounts are inferior?"

Do you know of somewhere in the world where money doesn't buy influence?

Quote:

Seuss said:
Supporters certainly get more attention from me

And I think Redstorm made a good point regarding the site's value with regard to information versus income:

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Quote:

Rono said:
In effect you are freeloading from the Shroomery and still complaining that it's not meeting your needs...

That is bullshit. This is a site based on information. I have seen him contribute in several forums. He is a source of valuable knowledge, and therefore is not a freeloader.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: geokills, typical form [Re: geokills]
    #5395164 - 03/13/06 12:52 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

ah nah man, like i said in the pub i dont expect you or anyone else here to police the vendors, its not your responsibility to do anything like that, i just thought it was lame to close the thread when people were still venting. why should it be taken to offtopic? It wasn't offtopic, it was a focussed discussion about a vendor. But, whatever man its all good

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: geokills, typical form [Re: daimyo]
    #5395203 - 03/13/06 01:08 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Daimyo, I do not appreciate you putting in quotes from our admin, Seuss, out of context. You make it sound like we give immense amount of favor to anything colored green. Here is what Seuss was actually saying [link to post]:
Quote:

Seuss said:

I personally feel that everybody that participates in this online community contributes to it. I appreciate the help that the [supporter accounts] provide, but I do not give preferential treatment to a supporter over a non-supporter for real problems. Supporters certainly get more attention from me when it comes to non-problem issues.

Being an admin myself, non-problem issues are often enough very minor errors that do not inhibit the ability of the user to browse the site, or a request for additional features, and not something that is going to take away functionality from any user involved or not.

.. and Vivid, I wouldn't even mind if a new thread is created to respectfully comment upon the pricing structure of any of our vendors -- but if the thread gets to a point where I feel it is repeating itself and emotions may soon overtake (or had overtaken) the root of the conversation, then I will step in to help quell the human drama. It simply seemed to me that the thread that had been locked had received ample comment from either side, so why leave it open only to repeat itself? Especially when it had already been dosed with a hefty serving of drama from what I feel was a largely emotional and unecessary response by HippieChick. As the vendor himself stated:
Quote:

I have no problem with critisism, and yes - some of our products are over retail; deal with it, shit, don't buy it then!

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#5395240 - 03/13/06 01:25 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
Daimyo, I do not appreciate you putting in quotes from our admin, Seuss, out of context.

I apologize if that's how it came off to you. It stems from my lack of understanding in regards to what is considered a "real problem", and what is considered a "non-problem".

I took his statement to mean that a "real problem" is an issue such as a server or database crash, and a "non-problem" is everything else. In which case, all problems that don't shut down the site are "non-problems", thus following that supporters get preferential treatment on all issues outside of site failure. And if this is the case, as it seems you have just backed up, then I feel my quoting of his words is not unfair.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: geokills, typical form *DELETED* [Re: vivid]
    #5395290 - 03/13/06 01:49 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Post deleted by srgtm1a

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by srgtm1a (03/13/06 03:20 PM)

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: geokills, typical form [Re: srgtm1a]
    #5395343 - 03/13/06 02:17 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Yeah, hippiechick had good intentions, but she was extremely emotional... cutting absolutely no slack even when he made offers of attempting to fix it in the future. There was the one stupid comment (funny, but it really speaks on behalf of geo's intent to close the thread. pushing it probably felt right at the time. But you push, and you get pushed back) about liking flowers after getting "FUCKED, LMAO".

The whole thing could've been done in a more mature manner. Mycoshack did that, regardless of any other wrongs he did or didn't do. He's attempting to run a business, so it is in his best interest to act professional, like any vendor. People take advantage of the fact that they can act like 12 year olds and not be treated the same way back.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Invisibleadrug

Re: geokills, typical form [Re: srgtm1a]
    #5395351 - 03/13/06 02:18 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

This is like..what...the 30th time the shroomery has supposedly "sold out"? Give it a week, nobody will care.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5395382 - 03/13/06 02:27 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

The only problem I have with the whole thing is that there is the danger that the vendors here could use their "Official Shroomery Vendor" status as a way to maintain unfair prices, since they know they will have their fill of cult. noobs to prey on.

This is the only instance I have seen this happen, and I don't know their overhead costs and what-not, but the danger is there and really needs to be considered. I have no problem with the lock, since nothing more of substance was being posted. I would just hope that the administrators are keeping an eye on predatory business practices.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: geokills, typical form [Re: Redstorm]
    #5395429 - 03/13/06 02:41 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Like Geo said, it's up to the individual to do his/her own research. We can't be held responsible for what a Vendor decides to charge any more than we can be held responsible for someone having a bad mushroom trip.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: geokills, typical form [Re: Rono]
    #5395446 - 03/13/06 02:45 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

We can't be held responsible for what a Vendor decides to charge any more than we can be held responsible for someone having a bad mushroom trip.

No, you can't determine their prices, but you can deny their status as a vendor here. You can do either, though, since you're just a moderator.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #5395469 - 03/13/06 02:51 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

***can't  :smirk:

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: geokills, typical form [Re: Rono]
    #5395473 - 03/13/06 02:52 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

<-------- :flowstone:

Invisibleshriek

#5395519 - 03/13/06 03:03 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

I blame shroomery for all my bad trips. Especially the admins

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: geokills, typical form [Re: shriek]
    #5395661 - 03/13/06 03:43 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Anno is responsible for those. :smile:

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals