Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
What downloading program do you use?
    #5281288 -

I was a big napster fan, back in the day. It got my hooked on the idea that I could get whatever song I wanted, with a little persistence. Now, that's gone and I've been torrenting. The problem is, I can get recent movies but it falls short of getting those really specific files; one song on a CD, or a certain file that might not be popular enough to have a torrent maintained of it. So, what do you use and how's that working out for ya?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What downloading program do you use? [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #5281295 -

I have a clean copy of kazaa lite, soul seek, and a couple bit torrent clients. Between those I can pretty much always find what I need. Some of my friends also use emule, edonkey, and overnet, never tried those myself.


--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What downloading program do you use? [Re: eris]
    #5281358 -

Pure Bittorrent.

I can find anything I need there.

All those P2P Clients (Kazaa, Soul Seek, etc) I think are crap.

Give me torrents or give me death!


--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What downloading program do you use? [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #5281360 -

dc++
bittorrent

dc++ is awesome because it's straight-up-clean and there are countless hubs you can join, normally all based on a genre, like psy or rap or whatever.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What downloading program do you use? [Re: freddurgan]
    #5281384 -

I use bearshare sometimes. I am on dialup right now. I will be using torrents once my cable connection is reconnected.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What downloading program do you use? [Re: Anonymous]
    #5281442 -

Emule and soulseek (but i gave up on soulseek lately.... it keeps crashing on me!)

i've been wanting to switch to torrents or DC++ but i don't have the drive to learn something new... i've already got most of the stuff i want


--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What downloading program do you use? [Re: Simisu]
    #5281466 -

Azereus has treated me the best. Torrents are very easy, convenient, and fast when you know what you're doing...here's an example of what the best settings are to use in Azereus. Your speeds will be a lot better if you follow these parameters.

http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/Good_settings

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What downloading program do you use? [Re: Newbie]
    #5281498 -

Azureus is an unbelievable resource hog. It's total bloatware.

Try something like utorrent or ABC Yet instead.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What downloading program do you use? [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #5281550 -

i'm having pretty good results with eMule... and it's by far the safest of all P2P programs....


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What downloading program do you use? [Re: OJK]
    #5281557 -

Odiumjunkie said:
Azureus is an unbelievable resource hog. It's total bloatware.

Try something like utorrent or ABC Yet instead.



I use ABC and it treats me well. No clutter, no Java.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What downloading program do you use? [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #5281568 -

Torrents for browsing...
Shareaza and Soulseek for finding specific tracks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What downloading program do you use? [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #5281574 -

newsbinpro


--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What downloading program do you use? [Re: OJK]
    #5281615 -

Odiumjunkie said:
Azureus is an unbelievable resource hog. It's total bloatware.

Try something like utorrent or ABC Yet instead.



It's a resource hog when your settings are off...I corrected mine and my machine runs fine. I was able to download the shield season 3 (5.12 gigs) and resume all of my normal pc activity while it loaded, and I have the most basic DSL connection.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What downloading program do you use? [Re: Newbie]
    #5281655 -

I don't mean in terms of the bandwidth of your internet connection, I mean in terms of it's memory usage and the CPU cycles it eats.

Azureus routinely takes up more than 100mB of memory on some systems. It is sluggish to load, especially when handling many torrents simultaneusly.

Right now I'm downloading three torrents and seeding four more. Utorrent is set to not connect to about 25% of all possible IP addresses (equivalent to the SafePeer plugin in Azureus). Utorrent is taking up less than 5mB of memory, and less than half a percent of my CPU time.

With the same settings, Azureus takes up about 150mB of memory, and around 7% - 8% of cpu time. It also took about three minutes to load when the safepeer plugin was enabled. When left seeding for longer than about 12 hours, it's memory usage would also slowly climb, for no reason.

It's a resource hog.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What downloading program do you use? [Re: OJK]
    #5281677 -

I'll give UTorrent a shot then, thanks for the info  :stoned:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What downloading program do you use? [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #5281784 -

Soulseek mainly.  Cuz I like electronic music and you can find pretty much anything.

Bitorrent for porn and mainstream things.  I used it to download transporter 2 cuz i didn't want to rent it.  Good thing I didn't waste any money on it.  :smile:

Theres also a shroomery chatroom on soulseek which is nice.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What downloading program do you use?
( 1 2 all )
User Exists 3,648 24 12/21/02 09:45 PM
by matts
* music downloading programs YouEnjoyMyself 1,182 14 05/10/04 11:37 PM
by DannyT
* been downloading like crazy Deadmaker 901 16 09/21/05 09:58 PM
by Simisu
* Torrents:)
( 1 2 all )
Amanita_Muscaria 4,762 37 05/02/04 07:36 PM
by RuNE
* Downloading Music
( 1 2 all )
Ripple 3,204 34 12/29/05 10:22 PM
by World Spirit
* What is something good to download with?
( 1 2 all )
Captain Loafy McPoopdick 2,052 22 04/05/05 09:51 AM
by moog
* What are Torrents ? TYL3R 1,015 11 05/08/05 08:40 PM
by afoaf
* downloading muzak
( 1 2 3 all )
wrestler_az 4,622 46 11/20/04 03:50 PM
by Tao

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,359 topic views. 8 members, 12 guests and 226 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.