Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Pan Cambodginiensis
    #525082 - 01/18/02 10:06 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pan Cambodginiensis [Re: ralphster44]
    #525148 - 01/18/02 11:12 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
    #525174 - 01/18/02 11:37 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Ralphie..... your sales pitch was to heavy for me

--------------------

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#525597 - 01/19/02 01:05 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

That one other vendor would be me :smile:

I have some cool video footage of mjshroomer and friends finding this bad boy in thailand this past summer. I'll post it at some point in time :smile:

A friend that has been growing all the panaeolus strains available,,, pan cyans,(3 different strains) pan trops,  and pan cambos....said the pan cambo's were the most potent of all he has tried.... but the pan cyan (Hawaii) were the easiest to fruit.

Nice job Ralphster....do you buy chance have any pics ??

The ones I were sent were in some native format to HP digital cameras and would not convert for me, but my friend has more growing now and will use an ole trusty 35mm camera to snap some pics for us :smile:

I really need to put some time aside and start growing panaeolus species again....they are truly my favorite for the vibe.

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Edited by Ryche Hawk (01/19/02 01:06 PM)

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: Pan Cambodginiensis [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #525760 - 01/19/02 06:30 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

Offlinecxz
enthusiast
    #525771 - 01/19/02 06:54 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

You better hurry up and get to Hawaii. It has been raining all the time lately And there are ALOT of the ever so potent panaleous species. There are so many that I dont even know what type of panaleous mushrooms I am picking.

Anonymous

#525840 - 01/19/02 08:25 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Pan. cambodginiensis 1st flush, 1" substrate, 1/8 " casing layer. 4 manure: 1 ryegrass seed: 1 perlite at field capacity.
Uneven substrate layer lead to uneven casing layer, lead to uneven flush. Not the wall to wall flush, but respectable.
Size is shorter then Pan. cyanescens, caps at their largest are 25 mm wide.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pan Cambodginiensis [Re: ]
    #525849 - 01/19/02 08:31 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #525853 - 01/19/02 08:33 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#525858 - 01/19/02 08:40 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

Anonymous

Re: Pan Cambodginiensis [Re: World Spirit]
    #525877 - 01/19/02 08:57 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Didn't take a close up. Maybe next time.

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#526195 - 01/20/02 01:15 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Not bad Teonan,
But from what I understand the pan cambos are suppose to be much browner then pan trops and pan cyans.
My friend who has been growing pans successfully for a very long time said the pan cams were indeed much browner and had a very different look that all the pans he has grown.
The video footage I have they look very different from all the pans I have grown...they are indeed very brownish in color.
The pics in Stamets books,....they are very brown.

Those mushrooms in that pic...(although beautiful....I just love pans :) looks like typical pan cyans to me. They are to white from all the info and pics I have gathered. But I can not speak from first had experience as I have not grown them out yet.

Are you sure those are pan cams....where did you obtain the spores?

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Offlinecxz
enthusiast
    #526588 - 01/20/02 01:26 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

The Pan Cams do have Golden/Brown caps....I have also noticed that the Pan Cams are little more robust than than Pan trops and Pan Cyans, thicker stems and bigger caps, some of the big Pan Cams in the wild would support a pack of ciggaretes placed on them.

Anonymous

Re: Pan Cambodginiensis [Re: cxz]
    #526805 - 01/20/02 06:12 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

The mushrooms do actually have thicker stems, and more density to them, but they are shorter mushrooms then both tropicalis and cyanescens. the cap size is larger then tropicalis, but smaller then cyanescens. All texts I have studied state this. Pictures are that, just pictures. Without looking at spore size, I am taken the word of the source for my print, and judging it according to all the other Pans. I have grown.
The two isolates I got from this print, both start out as chocalate brown BUTTONS. After the button stage, they are anything but brown. They actually take on a very golden appearance, which fades out in the between the cap center and the margin. The very center remains golden. The outer edge either gets greyish, or bleaches out with the med. portion of the cap.
I have two very different looking mushrooms growing from ONE print. Constant that has seperated these from the rest I have grown on the identical substarate, in the identical conditions. Darker button. And overall size range.
Call it whatever you like.
Second Flush, second Isolate

Anonymous

#526826 - 01/20/02 06:47 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

1 st flush cyanescens(cambodia) same conditions, same substrate!!!

Anonymous

#526829 - 01/20/02 06:52 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

4th flush same cyanescens(cambodia) isolate outdoors, in rubbermaid, same substrate

Anonymous

#526848 - 01/20/02 07:28 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Notice the size difference. Both cyanescens pictures hold true to the size range of this species. The cambodginiensis are much shorter shrooms, with maximum cap size of 25 mm. The cyanescens reach cap sizes well above that, and heights well above the heights obtained by these "cambodginiensis". Tropicalis get the tallest, but have the smallest cap size.
Without looking at spore size, it will be highly difficult to seperate these three species. All share very similar appearance. I did notice these "cambodginiensis" started off at the button stage, EXTREMELY DARKER BROWN" then the tropicalis, and the cyanescens I have grown.
On agar there are vast differences in appearance between each species, and even within the cyanescens complex, their are vast differences in color and texture of the different geographical spore races. The Hawaiian cyanescens forms little sclerotia on the agar, and is faster growing then the Tai, and the cambodian. The tai actually has a similar growth pattern to the cambodginiensis on agar. Definite zones of fluctuating growth, due to mild temperature changes. It is more rhizomorphic then the cambodian, and hawaiian cyanescens. On AGAR.

Appearance and size are based on substrate composition, and environmental parameters + genetics. Genetics determine the range of possibilities, but are activated by the environmental parameters.
I think as Stametes States, the only way to know for sure is by measuring the spore size. But I think when growing on the same substrate in the same environmental parameters, SIZE RANGE of the mature mushrooms is very telling. I also think that what the Differentiated Button Mushroom looks like, before water expansion, is also very telling.
What does the mushroom look like when it first appears as a mushroom? Tropicalis and cyanescens look very light colored compared to the cambodginiensis. This is the chocalate, that Stametes refers too.
Personally, I don't think there is much difference between all three of these species. I actually prefer the cyanescens. It is the easiest to print, it is the easiest to grow, it is the fastest to pin, and it gets the largest out of the three. All three look very similar to me when grown indoors. Outdoors, they all look different from the indoor grown. They all get larger, consistently.
I don't think I would compare the outdoor cambodginiensis picture in Stametes book, to an indoor cambodginiensis. I have yet to grow a cyanescens that looks like the picture in the book, or a tropicalis for that matter.
Hawk if you got something that LOOKS more like the picture in the book, please let me know for sure, I would love a print of your cambodginiensis also. I also would like one of the cyanescens from Australia!!!
I'll trade anything I got for either of those two. I will trade a print of this "cambodginiensis" for either.

InvisibleNighted
Ghost

Loc: Funkytown
    #526902 - 01/20/02 09:16 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

"Uneven substrate layer lead to uneven casing layer, lead to uneven flush. Not the wall to wall flush, but respectable."

I find that using a thick bottom layer of vermiculite adds cushioning underneath and makes it easier to level more granular substrates. Excellent work.

--------------------

Freedom defined is freedom denied.

Nighted is better than Google. Please take time to rate 5/5. Thanks!

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #527184 - 01/21/02 08:30 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Teonan,
Your 1 st flush cyanescens(cambodia) picture was awsome.
Beautiful shrooms......great job!!!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: Pan Cambodginiensis [Re: Roadkill]
    #532328 - 01/26/02 06:41 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate