Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Just got back from Colorado
    #5163965 - 01/10/06 06:12 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

My friend and I went on a budget ski trip, bumming rides off various friends and staying on various couches in the high country of Colorado. I'd never been snowboarding anywhere better than Mammoth... let me tell you, this was an eye opener. Every day was absolutely incredible. One night, we had 15 people staying in a small, two-bedroom apartment. The next day, we skied Breckenridge from opening to closing, had dinner, then went night skiing at Keystone.

The best part of the trip was skiing with the local kids whose apartment we were crashing in. They are all a year or two out of college, working on the mountain and skiing every chance the get. Hungover and on 4 hours of sleep, they still wake right up and charge it (after some gatorade and a few bowls, of course). These guys have the mountain wired, we followed them around the mountain all day, and hit the best tree-runs, giant powdery bowls, kickers, that I have ever experienced. One of my favorite memories was following this pack through a narrow tree path, and ending up at an ancient log cabin. Everyone unstrapped, sat down on the bench inside this structure, we all got high, and then went about our day  :smile:

goofing around at breckenridge

The best part of the week came when we decided to hike to the top of the mountain. The Imperial chairlift at Breckenridge is the highest chair in North America, ending somewhere around 12,950 feet. It lets you out behind a small peak, which you can hike if you REALLY want to be on the top and experience the panoramic views. This particular day had sustained 30-40 mph winds w. 50mph gusts... you pretty much had to crawl, your board in a vise-like grip, to avoid getting lifted up and thrown down the mountain by the wind. The hike up the peak took about 10 minutes. Here we are at the top:

I'm on the left all covered up, my travel-mate mike is getting windburn on the right :lol:

Here's one I took of Mike and John, the guy who let us crash at his pad.  You can really see the wind in this one.  You can see my reflection in John's goggles, which is pretty cool.

Anyone else get some good skiing in lately?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerawtoxic
Stranger
Loc: smokey mountains
Re: Just got back from Colorado [Re: Noviseer]
    #5164362 - 01/10/06 08:01 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Here's my tracks at Berthoud Pass today. Some good Backcountry powder.

I rock 3-5 days of skiing a week.

Just got back from Utah... Skied Brighton 44" of powder in 3 days.

Utah was sick... Alta Bright Solitude Snowbird. All rocked

Glad you had fun in Colorado.

Edit: Pic removed at my friends request.

Edited by rawtoxic (01/12/06 08:14 AM)

OfflineYoschie99
nomad
Male

Loc: center of earth
Re: Just got back from Colorado [Re: Noviseer]
    #5164496 - 01/10/06 08:41 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

one of the only things i miss about CO is the snowboarding/skiing...

it rocks.

yos-

Offlinemediman0078
Stilllooking.....

Loc: Here, there, EVERYWHERE
Re: Just got back from Colorado [Re: Yoschie99]
    #5166545 - 01/11/06 08:43 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Hell yea... the closest GOOD skiing here is Taos or Ski Santa Fe (you can ski at Ski Apache in ruidoso but the snow has a tendency to suck) and they pale in comparison to places like Keystone or Winter Park. I used to buy season passes for Keystone when I was living in Denver. Plus Dillon is just a nice town... they used to have this kick ass BBQ place right on the way to the Keystone parking lot that I'd always grab a lunch at. I also like China Bowl at Vail, but DAMN! is it pricey. Steamboat is the same... gotta have a 6 figure income just to buy a freaking lift ticket.

But I LOVE North Face at Keystone... Some of the best tips-forward-bomb-down-the-mountain blues and blacks I've ever skiied. Nice, well groomed, not overly used, and fairly straight = WOOHOO!

--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

OfflineYoschie99
nomad
Male

Re: Just got back from Colorado [Re: mediman0078]
    #5166562 - 01/11/06 08:51 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i like hiking peak 7 at Breck as far as on mtn stuff goes..

all the years i was in CO, i never got a chance to ride the east wall at A-basin, but I wish i had... A-basin was one of my favorite places...

steamboat makes an awesome vacation spot.. excellent riding and cool shit to do off the mtn... nice in summer, too.... good fishing.

yos-

Offlinemediman0078
Stilllooking.....

Loc: Here, there, EVERYWHERE
    #5166577 - 01/11/06 09:00 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Loveland pass is also a great place to hit up the back country. With a friend or 3 you can drive to the top of the pass, hike the northwest rim from the observation point parking lot, ski down the north side to the road near where the interstate goes into the tunnel and have someone pick  you up and drive you back to the top... 10 minute round trip and fun fun fun for the price of gas. :laugh:

--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

Offlinerawtoxic
Stranger
Re: Just got back from Colorado [Re: mediman0078]
    #5166712 - 01/11/06 09:56 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yos - East Wall of Arapahoe was my breakfast on Monday. Your NYC now right?

Mediman - Props for Loveland - good lines go fast - Berthoud holds good runs for weeks after it snows.

If anyone was wondering I own a ski pass at: Wolf Creek and Loveland (weekdays only). Total damage $425.

I don't like big resorts too much... DIE YUPPIE SCUM

OfflineYoschie99
nomad
Male

Re: Just got back from Colorado [Re: rawtoxic]
    #5166717 - 01/11/06 09:58 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i had a 5 mtn mainly for use at a-basin.. 30 or so trips a year i'd try to get.. managed to get more like 18 or 20.

i am now in NYC.. used to be in CO Springs, shitsville USA.

yos-

Offlinerawtoxic
Stranger
    #5166804 - 01/11/06 10:31 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

CO Springs is YUPPIEVILLE USA

Work for a strip mall with a life goal of building your own.

Then drop of bibles at everyones house in your neighborhood hoping to convert the last 4% to Christianity because believing otherwise would be unheard of.

I live in a small mtn town with character and very few chain stores. But it is dying hard with the opening of a drive-thru Starbucks (that has already recieve 4 bricks through a $800 window) Our town planning commission tried to stop the *buck but they have too much money and captialism prevails. We have two local coffee shops sharing the business of 3000 people and our tourism both shops are fighting to stay open already. I guess once they open a WalMart I start looking for a commune to join.

my .02

again DIE YUPPIE SCUM

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates