Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: associates in computer graphics and web design [Re: strangladesh]
    #5104264 - 12/25/05 07:39 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

ya man, assoc doesnt mean much, but the education you may get with it could make all the difference. there is a huge difference between doing something, and doing something right.

just like you may be awesome with photoshop, but after learning how to use all the tools properly, you can make even cooler stuff, and in less than half the time.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestrangladesh
masterOFpuppets
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here!
Re: associates in computer graphics and web design [Re: kotik]
    #5105302 - 12/25/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i understand that, the paper doesn't mean shit, its howq you back it up... if it doesn't end up being overly profitable at least ill have fun blowing money.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #5105348 - 12/25/05 06:07 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

hahaha, honestly, thats the best way to look at it man.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineMobius_Strip
Distant Relative
 User Gallery

Loc: Spangladesh
    #5113235 - 12/27/05 09:50 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Like I said, do not go to a non nationally accredited school like one of the Art Institutes or Devry, or whatever? MAKE SURE your gen-ed credits WILL transfer to a four year university. Please, take my word for it! You may feel that you have your whole life ahead of you but it will be a much more enjoyable life if you aren't paying back $30,000 in student loans for a school who's credits won't transfer to another school. Keep your options open, do not close them. (One day) You may want to go back to school for a bachelors or masters degree in something else...or even in the same field. If you get an associates degree from a non-accredited school you will be starting at zero with $30,000 to repay and there is a cap on undergraduate student loans. Four year universities only accept gen-ed credits from nationally accredited colleges. Think about having to take college english and math for four years each at twice the cost and at your expense. This means you will have to repay a huge amount before going back for a SECOND associates or bachelors degree, starting with zero transfer credits...only then will you be allowed to get a masters degree.

So, unless your parents are footing the bill and unless you've got thousands of dollars to blow and a lifetime to spare then do yourself this favor and be certain your gen-ed credits will transfer. Otherwise, you may be wasting your money and you'll be all on your own. I've known far too many artists, designers and IT professionals who now feel jaded and fucked by the system to recommend otherwise. I'm only telling you this because I know many people who wish they had heard it before they made this mistake!

--------------------
The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate
-Noam Chomsky

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #5113391 - 12/27/05 10:37 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

My 15 year old daughter can design web pages. I have a friend with the degree you are looking at...he is a security guard. If you like art get a Bachelors in art...if you like computers get a degree in programming..a 4 year degree.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]