Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: AEON FLUX [Re: TheDude]
    #5000437 -

I pity the fool.



TheDude said:
peepeepottypants said:
I totally agree, I am sooo sick of seeing things that are either remakes of movies or books or some other remade content.

What happened to film makers with originality

Once again, you're right, We cant take a chance on their films when we know these remakes will make money...they already know the audiences to target



You think its bad now, just check out this list of up and comers:

The A-Team (2006)





--------------------
Yeaaa im still alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AEON FLUX [Re: TheDude]
    #5000443 -

Fahrenheit 451 huh...

does anyone know if Ray Bradbury won his lawsuite against that fat fucker that stole his book title?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AEON FLUX [Re: beejay]
    #5000770 -

I'm surprised how many people in this thread commented on Liquid Television.... only the pilot of Aeon Flux appeared on that show. All the other episodes were featured in a series called "MTV's Oddities", along with The Head and The Maxx.

TheDude: I dunno how reliable that list of upcoming films is. Just at a cursory glance I can see some stuff that is 100% false.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AEON FLUX [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #5000846 -

Like what? Those were all announced projects on IMDB a few months ago. Like I said I haven't checked their status since then, but at one time or another they were in the pipeline.


--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AEON FLUX [Re: TheDude]
    #5000871 -

OK I just saved you a lot of time and checked them all (I had them bookmarked).  Every single one is either Announced or in Preproduction except Untitled Spaceballs Movie and Mighty Ducks 4 which can no longer be found (thank god).

and btw, welcome back chode boy :wink:


--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Edited by TheDude (11/30/05 11:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AEON FLUX [Re: TheDude]
    #5001023 -

Well, I believe the Spaceballs movie to be nothing more than a rumor.  I've been hearing about it for years.

And, the "Return of the Living Dead 5: Rave from the Grave (2006)" won't be coming out in 2006; it's already been released as a made for TV movie that aired on the Sci-Fi channel the weekend before Halloween.

Thanks, it's a pleasure to be back.  :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AEON FLUX [Re: kilroy69]
    #5001073 -

id check that flick out

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AEON FLUX [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #5001082 -

e-chode said:
And, the "Return of the Living Dead 5: Rave from the Grave (2006)" won't be coming out in 2006; it's already been released as a made for TV movie that aired on the Sci-Fi channel the weekend before Halloween.




Ahhh, you're right. I did breeze through that list pretty quickly....it got rated 3.2 out of 10. Sounds like a real winner.


--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AEON FLUX [Re: TheDude]
    #5001088 -

You should've seen it!  Kinda painful to watch actually.

All the little kandy kids turn into gay zombies after eating a drug called "Z".  :lol:

Now that I think about it, that movie accurately portrays the rave scene.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AEON FLUX [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #5001104 -

e-chode said:
Now that I think about it, that movie accurately portrays the rave scene.



:rofl:


--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AEON FLUX [Re: nife]
    #5001110 -

nife said:
The reviews of it say its a typical action movie with no real thought. I'm not a comic book fan but for those that are the review I read said this barely deserved to have the name.



look at the original cartoon though. it was just aeon flux jumping around in a bondage outfit doing weird shit and killing with barely any context at all. It worked well in little 15 minute cartoons because it was weird and mysterious, but you cant have a whole movie of that. the movie probably will suck though, i'm not arguing otherwise.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AEON FLUX [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #5001210 -

i borrowed the dvd from my homie...its like four discs, ive watched the first two, first one is the pilot and all the five mimute episodes that don't have dialog. the second had the first ones with talking and that trevor dude. its a lot doper without commercials


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AEON FLUX [Re: rickpsfuckyou]
    #5001253 -

rickpsfuckyou said:
its a lot doper without commercials



*a lot MORE dope without commercials* :smirk:

For real dudes, I knew this movie was going to suck when I saw the commercials. First of all, they totally picked the wrong girl to play Aeon. Aeon was actually a very ugly woman who was emaciated! Very masculine too. Charlise Theron is way too pretty and femine to play Aeon.

Plus, they could never make the movie as gorey as the cartoon. And the colors seemed so bright in the commercials. I remember the cartoons being so morbid and dark with a few exceptions.

I was pretty young when that show aired, but I used to love it, same as the Maxx! God I want the DVD boxsets... *goes searching on ebay and amazon.com*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AEON FLUX [Re: dr0mni]
    #5001307 -

dr0mni said:
I was pretty young when that show aired, but I used to love it, same as the Maxx! God I want the DVD boxsets... *goes searching on ebay and amazon.com*



I've still got all my Maxx comics and trading cards. The artwork in the maxx just blew me away, it was the only comic book I ever collected. I should go dig those up and give them another read.


--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AEON FLUX [Re: TheDude]
    #5001313 -

TheDude said:
I've still got all my Maxx comics and trading cards. The artwork in the maxx just blew me away, it was the only comic book I ever collected. I should go dig those up and give them another read.



i've got a hell of a lot of maxx comics and cards too. i've also got an animated movie of the maxx somewhere.


--------------------
Anno cock? Is that some kind of Greek liquer? -Geo's all-knowing sex slave
Scat's way better than mud cause it's warm. -Ythan 4/23/07

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AEON FLUX [Re: eric_the_red]
    #5001330 -



versus



notice the "Major Motion Picture!" Splatted on there...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AEON FLUX [Re: dr0mni]
    #5001357 -

dr0mni said:





wow, this is beyond mediocre.  no sense of style or composition at all, looks like flunkey art student work :shake:.  so did they just start releasing these?


--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AEON FLUX [Re: TheDude]
    #5001437 -

Lol that 2nd cover looks terrible, total change from the real deal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AEON FLUX [Re: Ramlaen]
    #5001479 -

i know, right!?

She doesn't even have an expression on her face as she stands squarely on the ground unloading her clips! They turned this masterpiece into a real mediocre peice of shit! They turned the twisted dominatrix that was Aeon Flux into just another big titted comic book bimbo with guns.

They might as well have "Charlise Theron as: Aeon Flux" on that thing!

Personally, I think Laura Flynn Boyle would make a better Aeon Flux...

But I've never actually seen her act. Is she an actress? What does she do? I only heard of her after she showed up all anorexic and in a tutu to whatever award show.

Edited by dr0mni (12/01/05 07:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AEON FLUX [Re: TheDude]
    #5001654 -

TheDude said:
dr0mni said:
I was pretty young when that show aired, but I used to love it, same as the Maxx! God I want the DVD boxsets... *goes searching on ebay and amazon.com*



I've still got all my Maxx comics and trading cards.  The artwork in the maxx just blew me away, it was the only comic book I ever collected.  I should go dig those up and give them another read.



Yeah dude... maxx rocked. Though the show was nothing compared to the comic. The show stopped at issue 12, and it went on to 35. The last one was fucking amazing.

They sell them now as books. There are like 3 or 4 sets of all the comics together. 1-8, 9-whatever, etc.



1/2-35. :smile: If you want the scans of them, I've got them all in a zip file. But I think its about 500 mb if I recall.


--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Aeon Flux is on TV right now
( 1 2 all )
jewunit 1,579 26 04/02/09 02:41 AM
by MisterMuscaria
* what the aeon flux movie SHOULD HAVE looked like
( 1 2 all )
DoctorJ 1,922 25 01/20/06 06:37 AM
by aNeway2sayHooray
* Aeon Flux - The 2005 movie or Fun with dick and jaine? - QUiCK!! theuser 743 15 06/10/06 11:55 PM
by BLAST_420
* Aeon Flux movie!! adrug 681 4 10/13/05 06:47 PM
by License_to_Chill
* cartoon characters you would bang
( 1 2 3 all )
nastynaven 3,462 53 01/06/15 04:09 PM
by flugelizor
* Anybody watch Aeon Flux? RandalFlagg 597 8 12/19/05 06:55 AM
by Jim
* Aeon Flux is such an awesome movie. LogicaL ChaosM 137 1 11/21/15 07:31 PM
by Burke Dennings
* AEON 8 - INFINITY MUSIC RETREAT Mycomancer 380 0 06/29/05 05:19 PM
by Mycomancer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,417 topic views. 4 members, 18 guests and 270 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.