Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: Microcosmatrix]
    #4878873 - 11/01/05 09:24 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Spiral staircasetechnician
Male

Loc: Ythan's house
Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: dr_gonz]
    #4878881 - 11/01/05 09:27 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Sweet, yet another reason to support Cannabis/Hemp!

--------------------
:orly:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: Microcosmatrix]
    #4879012 - 11/01/05 10:12 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

well as the big business man that i am, im probably going to go move to AZ, where im going ito contract out peoples oil sources for 5 years. i.e. ill take it away for free, but you have to gaurentee it to me in a signed contract for 5 years. with that ill have a pretty good corner on the grease market. at which point ill be applying for a rendering license, and a bio-d making permit.

for now though, i can go and snag somthing to the tune of 200 gallons today (if i can go gett a drum) and i dont think that anyone else in my town is doing this.

as for the kit, im not going to be buying one, but making a custom one myself. when that works. ill be making kits for other people too.

as for getting the car, you can find lots of old mercedes for pretty cheap. im getting a running late 70's benz and an early 80's w/o an engine for $1000. i just have to figure out how the hell im going to get the non running one back home!

any mroe questions??

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4879039 - 11/01/05 10:19 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
well as the big business man that i am, im probably going to go move to AZ, where im going ito contract out peoples oil sources for 5 years. i.e. ill take it away for free, but you have to gaurentee it to me in a signed contract for 5 years. with that ill have a pretty good corner on the grease market. at which point ill be applying for a rendering license, and a bio-d making permit.

I had the same idea getting paid for picking up free gas= priceless. You'd need a truck with atleast a 500 gallon tank to pick it up all atonce twice a month or something

OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Male

Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4879150 - 11/01/05 10:44 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:

for now though, i can go and snag somthing to the tune of 200 gallons today (if i can go gett a drum) and i dont think that anyone else in my town is doing this.

as for the kit, im not going to be buying one, but making a custom one myself. when that works. ill be making kits for other people too.

as for getting the car, you can find lots of old mercedes for pretty cheap. im getting a running late 70's benz and an early 80's w/o an engine for $1000. i just have to figure out how the hell im going to get the non running one back home!

any mroe questions??

:grin:

:bow:

That sounds great for you, you'll be the first in a market that is sure to grow

:strokebeard:

Quote:

a rendering license, and a bio-d making permit

hmmmm. Care to elaborate on that?

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: Microcosmatrix]
    #4879296 - 11/01/05 11:19 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, or a truck that can hold about 10 55 gal barrels... im working on it :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan
    #4879306 - 11/01/05 11:21 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
grease market.

:lol:

That sure tickles my fancy.

--------------------

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #4879427 - 11/01/05 12:01 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

bio-diesel is sweet. cheaper than diesel, recycled, and you don't really need much modification for any old-model diesel mercedes, for example.

i'm working with some people here in starting a bio-diesel co-operative. when you go from detroit back to chicago, you could always stop and gas up here! :sun:

actually, the intial batch was a bit screwed up (i'm no chemist, but i guess there was too much loose fatty acid that bonded with the lye, making soap instead of bio-diesel... the chemist who is working with the co-op now has some idea to use acid instead of lye.), but we got a ton of soap :wink: and will soon have quite a bit of bio-diesel.

--------------------

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #4879449 - 11/01/05 12:06 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

That was Willy's retirement grease!

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: Boom]
    #4879473 - 11/01/05 12:11 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

This is actually really cool, I totally support this and I hope this becomes a standard and mainstream technology in the next five years.

In traffic the other day I saw a Mercedes that had a badge on the back that said "Biodiesel" and a bumpersticker advertising some BioDiesel service in town... I can't remember the name but I remember wondering what it was all about.

Now that I think about it, it might have been Willie's BioDiesel Service, because I remember the name making me laugh. I think I'll google around to see what this is all about.

This new technology is pretty cool but I'm not very optimistic. As soon as it becomes a viable mainstream thing, I can see the cooking oil becoming $5 and becoming illegal to handle or procure for "environmental" reasons :rolleyes:

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #4879495 - 11/01/05 12:18 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PhatWhitey420 said:

This new technology is pretty cool

Theres nothing new about this.Biodiesel is probably older than Petroleum based Diesel.

OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Male

Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #4879502 - 11/01/05 12:22 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Now there's 102 uses for a dead cat

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: Vvellum]
    #4879565 - 11/01/05 12:42 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bi0 said:
no real drawbacks..
you just need a car that can be converted with one of the kits.

gas mileage is about the same, sometimes better.
runs on free vegetable oil from restaurants.

zippoz will explain the rest...

I'll bet one drawback is that if your car starts acting up, you can't get it worked on anywhere. I can't really think of any other drawbacks, though. If everyone converted their engines, you might run out of restaurants to get free grease from, but gas stations would convert to grease stations.

Hey who was that one Shroomerite chick who converted her van a while back? I don't think she posts here anymore.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: Learyfan]
    #4879583 - 11/01/05 12:46 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

You can get it worked on. nothing changes you just add another fuel line there's nothing really that special about it. It would void your Warranty but no one ever converts cars that still have warranties.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: WOO HOO, another step closer to driving a veggie car, i gots the OIL! [Re: buckwheat]
    #4879893 - 11/01/05 02:26 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

yeah theres nothing really special to be worked on, and if you do it yourself youll understand the mechanics better than any shop, and probably be able to do it yourself.

on another note i jsut got a 20 gallon drum from an undisclosed location......

ill be getting another 10 or so gallons today, and hopefullt be off to get the car this weekend.

apparently i can run on a one tank system, just dumping the grease in my tank if i add enough methanol and or kerosene.

--------------------
PEACE

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom