Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
so i was looking for a disel car to run veggie oil on in the paper today.
    #4595306 - 08/29/05 04:08 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

out of the chicago tribune and the daly southtown, i only found one. and it was a van.......

outrageous. im going to ransack craigs list for one within 100 miles.

free fuel here i come.

i cant wait to fabricate my own heating/fuel system for WVO  :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder
Re: so i was looking for a disel car to run veggie oil on in the paper today. [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4595339 - 08/29/05 04:18 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Damn zippoz! Everytime I rwad a post with you in it, you are looking to buy another car. :smile:A conversion would be awesome, though! Good luck!

--------------------

:murray:

OfflineBlek
Stranger
Male

Loc: The universe
Re: so i was looking for a disel car to run veggie oil on in the paper today. [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4595340 - 08/29/05 04:18 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I desperately want to do this too. Unfortunately my wallet doesn't agree. If i'm not mistaken, any diesel vehicle can run on veggie oil. I think there are a few small modifications needed. Volkswagon golfs can get up to 50 mpg on veggie oil. Let us know how it goes.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: so i was looking for a disel car to run veggie oil on in the paper today. [Re: Blek]
    #4595372 - 08/29/05 04:35 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

yeah im always buying cars... i just bought a jeep laredo the other day, on top of which i allready owned a bueted ass one.... i also own a saturn. im looking to buy my friends old beat to shit taurus to fix and sell, and now i want a disel that i can convert...

i checked everywhere on line and i cant find one. im going to go and get the trading times and check there. they have lost of good overlooked listings..

i found a mercades turbo disel for $500 but it dosent shift our of first gear.......... i might be able to fix that though, although i cant yet do transmission work

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
    #4595375 - 08/29/05 04:37 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I need a new car soon and am starting to look into this. I'm checking out VW jettas in the areas, price ranges arent too bad. I need to look into all the specs necessary to run on SVO/WVO.

FYI - autotrader.com/.ca is probably a lot better than craigslist

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
Re: so i was looking for a disel car to run veggie oil on in the paper today. [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4595478 - 08/29/05 05:25 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

VW bus + junkyard motor + rebuild + beefy supercharger = ownage!@#

fuck, with free fuel as long as your tank capacity is big enough and you
spend enough time acquiring fuel (electric pump on alternator power
and 50 gallon drums in back? genius!) you can have as beefy of an
engine as you want and not worry about having to pay for it.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: so i was looking for a disel car to run veggie oil on in the paper today. [Re: BloodNOil]
    #4595502 - 08/29/05 05:34 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yea man, that's one of my goals...buy a vw, clean it up, then make it run off vegetable oils. The ultimate hippie-mobile, other than legs. I might need to learn something about cars though first. Maybe chemistry too...?

InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
Re: so i was looking for a disel car to run veggie oil on in the paper today. [Re: demiu5]
    #4595543 - 08/29/05 05:54 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

how are you gonna make vegetable oil..... shit is expensive in grocery stores...

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: so i was looking for a disel car to run veggie oil on in the paper today. [Re: AliceDee]
    #4595547 - 08/29/05 05:55 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

You get it from Fast Food and chinese restaurants for free...

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: so i was looking for a disel car to run veggie oil on in the paper today. [Re: AliceDee]
    #4595548 - 08/29/05 05:55 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

industrial quantities maybe

InvisibleNoetical
Flip Horrorshow

#4595555 - 08/29/05 05:57 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

you go to restaurants and take their used oil, they pay people to take that stuff away

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #4595654 - 08/29/05 06:30 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

you still need some real diesel though to get the motor started and heat the vegetable oil to the working temperature so it is liquid enough to get properly diffused by the valves... otherwise it won't burn and/or damage the motor...

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: so i was looking for a disel car to run veggie oil on in the paper today. [Re: In(di)go]
    #4595739 - 08/29/05 06:54 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

so true, you have to get it started on diesel and then switch over to the veggie oil after it gets heated to 170 degrees F, and then switch back to diesel before you shut down to avoid gunkage.

does anyone know how much pressure, if any i would have to have the oil under to make it run into the engine right???

also i went to the junkyard, they didnt have anything for me... :frown:

--------------------
PEACE

Invisiblepeeper
Stranger

Loc: Tennessee
    #4595829 - 08/29/05 07:17 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Your going to fabricate your own system? Have you looked at some of the conversion packages? I haven't looked into it much but it seems like I've seen them between $300- $400. There are incentive programs for stuff like this.

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: so i was looking for a disel car to run veggie oil on in the paper today. [Re: peeper]
    #4595849 - 08/29/05 07:21 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

what do you mean by incentive programs, as in the goverment will pay me for being eco-friendly like they do with hybrid buyers?. and yes im planning on making my own setup.

it wouldnt be too hard to run a coolant line back to the trunk to heat the oil, and adding an extra electric heater wouldnt really be a problem either, from there i just need a filter, and a pump, and silinoid to switch from one tank to the other..... and some electric controlls, damn this is going to be fun

--------------------
PEACE

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder
    #4595861 - 08/29/05 07:26 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

There was this guy on the news, awhile back, that had converted his diesel into a coal burning engine somehow. It sat on the bed of his truck. It looked like he had strapped a stove onto his truck, but I guess that is basically what it was. It was crazy looking. A job well done, though. :thumbup:

--------------------

:murray:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: so i was looking for a disel car to run veggie oil on in the paper today. [Re: blissedout]
    #4595958 - 08/29/05 07:56 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

heres a forum dedicated to running on SVO
http://www.greasecar.com/forum.cfm

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4596236 - 08/29/05 09:11 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup:

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
    #4596332 - 08/29/05 09:39 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Is the top-speed of the engine reduced at all when using vegetable oil as fuel?

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
    #4596337 - 08/29/05 09:39 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I've looked into this a bit, and would like to get me an old VW Rabbit diesel to drive around in. :thumbup: Yeah! But from what I understand, there's two ways to go about this. One is the above mentioned way, which is to put a kit on your car that heats up the veggie oil, and uses the two tank system.
The other way is to make a bio diesel fuel, which is a mixture of veggie and regular diesel that is able to be used in any diesel engine. You can process the biofuel yourself, or join a local co-op that helps you out (if you live in a hip enough city). In Asheville, they just opened up a public biofuel pump, which anyone driving a diesel can fill up with. I havent looked into the price, but this is probably a good option for those diesel driving tree huggers who are too busy making money to hustle free grease in the back of restaraunts. :smile:

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub