Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Security and Safety

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLanaM
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
Free Internet Security&Privacy Tools
    #485216 - 12/09/01 04:30 PM (17 years, 11 days ago)

Hi,
I just got done PMing someone about DOD level file deletion and I thought I'd post a link I have to some decent freeware.

Now, contrary to popular belief, not all freeware is junk:) Most of the programs that you can use to clean up and lock down your computer are actually quite small in size. Most programs that automatically delete cookies, erase history folders, etc...are small.

There's a section on free encryption software, but I tend to stick with PGP. Some of the titles on the "Encryption Tools" Section do sound pretty neat though! There's one called "Mooseoft Encrypter" it sounds simple to use and from the description below, all the recieving person of the messages needs to know is the password to decrypt the message. Its simple but you never know how someone could find out a password, ....

Mooseoft Encrypter encrypts your sensitive files with 12 well known encryption algorithms to choose from. You can choose between Blowfish, Cast128, Cast256, GOST, IDEA, MARS, Misty1, RC2, RC5, RC6, Rijndael and Twofish. In addition, you can also wipe files, send encrypted files via e-mail and create secure passwords. With Mooseoft Encrypter, you can also package one or more files and create a self-decrypting exe file, that prompts the person that opens the file for a password before allowing access to the content. Using this method, the recipient does not have to have the decryption software installed, just needs to know the correct password. All this from one, simple to use tabbed interface.

Hope this helps,
Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: England
Re: Free Internet Security&Privacy Tools [Re: Lana]
    #487525 - 12/11/01 02:56 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

sounds good... i think you forgot the link though.

--------------------
MAPS.org: supporting psychedelic and medical marijuana research since 1986

InvisibleLanaM
Head Banana
Female

Re: Free Internet Security&Privacy Tools [Re: mm.]
    #487532 - 12/11/01 03:03 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

OH GEEZ!! I did! SORRY:)

http://www.webattack.com/freeware/security/

Lana

--------------------

Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

#493560 - 12/17/01 05:29 AM (17 years, 3 days ago)

so do these "cover my tracks" or delete my previously visited sites, pics, and all that good stuff.

have you ever wondered if it is totally secure or if small "flagged " sites and stuff are sent to the cia (or something of that matter, maybe not the cia) with are info.

does this make sense?

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlinedioze1
Satans minion inthe war onlaughter
Loc: Up a hogs ass looking for...
    #526914 - 01/20/02 09:32 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Well, Lana. I finally decided to get some protection. I have been surfing for a few years with ABSOLUTELY nothing, and have had no real problems until a few months ago. Some asshole mimicked my account when I was in a chat room. Not sure how they did it, but they did. It sucked watching someone else chat with my name and repeat everything I said and added a few extras. I was banned for 60 days because of some other asshole(I think). Anyway.....
I finally decided to check into some security because of that and the fact that I hangout in shady places like this:)
I Down loaded the Tiny personel firewall and the multiproxy thing and the Moose encryption and some other stuff. I feel more secure but am I really? Do you (or anyone else) have any suggestions on what else I should do and am I fairly safe at this point.
Thanks!
Dioze1

--------------------
Not all that wander are lost.

InvisibleLanaM
Head Banana
Female

Re: Free Internet Security&Privacy Tools [Re: dioze1]
    #530531 - 01/24/02 09:26 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

From what you say you have downloaded, the only real advice I can tell you is to actually use what you have.

I know many people who have some really nice security features/programs and never use them. I have a business client who loves PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) its a program used to encrypt things, anyway. He loves it...but uses it once every 1-2 months? Doesn't make sense to me.

As for "hackers" getting into your machine, use a firewall. Most hackers now are just curious people. If someone was mimicing you, maybe someone has planted a trojan on your machine?

Lana

--------------------

Offlinedioze1
Satans minion inthe war onlaughter
Loc: Up a hogs ass looking for...
    #530540 - 01/24/02 09:42 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I am deperatly trying to figure all this neat new stuff out. I need to know how to access my port info. The multi-proxy is REALLY cool and it works great. You can even test the anonimity of the proxy's very quick and easy. But I need to know how to access port info so I can dessignate the ports for it to use. I have to use port 8088 to send out(it says so) but I have to name the incoming port and I have no idea how---or what it is talking about for that matter.
Dioze1

--------------------
Not all that wander are lost.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Security and Safety