Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Employment
    #4700982 -

I am at a point in my life that I need to make plans for a career.

I have managed to get by mainly by doing computer repair/service stuff for years. I have grown to loathe computers and I do not want to work with them anymore. So, I need to pursue some other line of work.

I continually have people tell me, "Do something that you love and that you have an interest in". None of the things that I have an interest in are marketable skills. Nobody cares that I read a certain author or that I like to goof around on my guitar (and certainly nobody will pay me to do these things). People only care about what good or a service you can offer them.

Since there is nothing that I love that I can get a job at, my next best option is to pursue a career that I can tolerate. I want to "work to live" and not "live to work". I don't want a job that is very demanding (mentally or physically). I want it to be engaging enough that I don't die of boredom, but I don't want it to be so challenging that I have to devote a significant portion of my being to it. Basically, I want to earn decent money and I don't want to bust my ass. And when my shift is done I want to leave work and not think about it.

Does anybody else feel the same way? Am I lazy because I don't view work as something to devote one's life to?

Edited by RandalFlagg (09/23/05 02:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Employment [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4701544 -

Quote:
RandalFlagg said:Basically, I want to earn decent money and I don't want to bust my ass.



The American dream.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Employment [Re: PinballWizard]
    #4701548 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Employment [Re: Captain Loafy McPoopdick]
    #4701553 -

Wow, she's very pink!


--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Employment [Re: dblaney]
    #4701558 -

Her boobs are a little to big, but i'd still give it to her.

She has this look in her eyes like she wants it, bad.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Employment [Re: Captain Loafy McPoopdick]
    #4701576 -

Big boobs eh?



--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Employment [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4701679 -

i'm in the same boat!  i do network admin & i've just about had it.  goddam computers, suck the living shit outta you.  i heard the guy at the airport who takes your baggages at the curb makes more than $100K a year in tips.  naturally, it's almost impossible to score that kind of job, no matter how many ph.d.'s you sport on your resume :smile:

if you figure it out, please let me know, i could use some inspiration.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Employment [Re: Captain Loafy McPoopdick]
    #4701745 -

Who is that girl, anyway? And can I find hardcore videos involving her on P2P?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Employment [Re: bukkake]
    #4701753 -

I don't know. haha it's in randal's avatar. Sorry randal I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Pay no attention to me anyone. Continue

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Employment [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4701936 -

if you don't mind working for a a corporation,

become a Pepsi Merchandiser.

I swear.


--------------------
live free or die

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Employment [Re: WoodsCall]
    #4702103 -

Care to develop that idea? why a pepsi merchandiser exactly? :shrug:


--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Employment [Re: bukkake]
    #4702261 -

bukkake said:
Who is that girl, anyway? And can I find hardcore videos involving her on P2P?



look up "inbedwithfaith" at www.google.com/images

or www.inbedwithfaith.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Employment [Re: Captain Loafy McPoopdick]
    #4702265 -

Loafy said:
I don't know. haha it's in randal's avatar. Sorry randal I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Pay no attention to me anyone. Continue



Dude! I wanted to eat all of your food! What happened to your barbecue?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Employment [Re: WoodsCall]
    #4702274 -

WoodsCall said:
if you don't mind working for a a corporation,




I'm ready to sell my soul in a heartbeat, so that is not problem.

WoodsCall said:
become a Pepsi Merchandiser.




What is that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* A Stranger's Valentines Day Gift to WoodsCall *DELETED* WoodsCall 1,484 10 02/18/05 07:15 PM
by WoodsCall
* The Shroomery King of the Ring
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
BrAiN 7,118 94 12/03/05 01:22 AM
by RunDMT
* pree employment drug testing *DELETED* smithdabs 935 15 01/11/14 10:44 AM
by k00laid
* California pre-employment drug screen - what's the deal now cannabis is legal?
( 1 2 all )
james_n 586 26 03/12/17 03:23 PM
by hostileuniverse
* Happy Birthday Woodscall!
( 1 2 all )
Liz 1,745 22 03/15/06 06:03 AM
by TM
* Happy Birthday WoodsCall Dark_Star 947 9 03/13/07 01:38 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* What can employers legally say about previous employees to other employers?
( 1 2 all )
LayYouIn 1,396 33 06/27/09 04:21 PM
by luvdemshrooms
* This makes me nauseated.. (employers requiring your FB password) Synapse Trap 1,043 9 03/25/12 01:25 PM
by Newbie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
680 topic views. 4 members, 15 guests and 168 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.