Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
wikipedia
    #4693952 -

Now I love this place and have spent countless hours reading there, but I do have one beef. There are WAY too many music related articles. When you click the random article link about half the time you get some obscure drummer from a band I don't care about.

But in general I have to say I love wikipedia, free entertainment!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: wikipedia [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #4694129 -

I like the music articles, but yeah fuck semi-famous drummers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: wikipedia [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #4694155 -

Lol yeah, I spend hours on wikipedia just surfing around!

I learned, from James Burke, that all human knowledge is inter-woven into a spiderweb of connections. Wikipedia is a perfect example of this - you can start off reading the chemical properties of Xenon, and in short time be reading about High-Pressure Nervous Syndrome and tech-diving :smirk:


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: wikipedia [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #4694183 -

wikipedia rules.

I recommend the context search extension for firefox + a wikipedia search engine - so you just right click & highlight any word & it'll be looked up instantly in a new tab.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: wikipedia [Re: Vvellum]
    #4694189 -

Hey cool!


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: wikipedia [Re: Vvellum]
    #4694238 -

Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: wikipedia [Re: Vvellum]
    #4694351 -

You fuckin rock dude!  anymore recomendations?  (be nice  :crankey:)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I love wikipedia Silversoul 1,094 9 08/12/05 10:30 PM
by RedNucleus
* Wikipedia is going to delete the Shroomery page!! *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 4 all )
blink 6,509 65 01/29/15 10:08 AM
by D.M.T
* Look at the Wikipedia file on Hurricane Wilma Cowgold 1,281 8 10/19/05 09:45 PM
by TastyWaves
* Congress caught making false entries in Wikipedia SourceLimit 2,937 19 02/06/06 09:09 PM
by Koala Koolio
* Wikipedia: adrug BrAiN 697 5 04/09/05 03:02 PM
by Captain Loafy McPoopdick
* Recommend some books
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
dblaney 6,918 89 11/21/05 05:56 PM
by dblaney
* QUICK!! Recommend a movie for me to rent tonight!!!
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 3,906 24 05/15/04 06:04 PM
by Muppet
* Recommend a good, mellow, depressing album
( 1 2 3 all )
bigbadwolf 4,454 47 10/25/05 07:07 PM
by SneezingPenis

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
610 topic views. 3 members, 30 guests and 85 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.