Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCreativeLogic
Land of no laws
Male User Gallery

Loc: Orange County, CA
She's got issues and I'm gonna pay
    #4634251 - 09/08/05 03:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Here it is, a shortened version of a long story. I grow mushrooms in a little grow room I built in my garage, not to sell but for hobby and for myself, etc, etc.. Well roughly 2 months ago I said to my girlfriend, at the time, that we should not see each other or talk anymore. Two days go by where I avoid her calls then she shows up at my house causes a huge seen, so huge I had to leave the house. I left the house and left her outside my door.

She breaks in calls the cops, they show up and she tells them that she used to live at my house, (which she never did), and she opened the garage showing them my magic room. Cops take all my stuff, grow lights, bins, and even my shrooms. I come back hours later to a closed garage door an open front door, screen to my window on the ground, where she obviously climbed through, but nobody there. I was actually relieved when I walked through the house and nothing seemed out of place or thrashed and nobody there; I thought the storm was over. I didn't know about the garage yet.

A few days later I find out through a friend of all the things she did, ran out to check the garage, sure enough it was true. I Have a friend who has an inside connection at the police department and had him find out if there was a case regarding a psycho chic and something about finding mushrooms, sure enough there was. Apparently it was big news down at the police department because they rarely run into shrooms and hardly ever run into cultivation of shrooms.

So here is the ?weird? part, it's been 2 months and I haven't heard from the cops yet, I know it's a federal case now because it involves cultivation but still it's been a long time to not hear a word from anybody. But that's not even why I'm writing this. Since I have had this hanging over my head I got to know the laws pretty well about mushrooms and I'm absolutely pissed off that: here I am, facing hardcore penalties and a felony for a drug that has done nothing but positive things in my life, and is treated as a hardcore narcotic, not because it is, but because of what it will pay out as. What pisses me off the most is that if mushrooms were addictive, harmful, and everybody was hooked on them they would be legal, like alcohol. Since shrooms pretty much regulate themselves, and it's impossible to become addicted to them, and for the most part people do not understand or like them so there are not a lot of people out there doing shrooms compared to alcohol and other drugs, thus, the government cannot make money on them as a legal substance. And we all know that the government can give two squirts of duck shit less about our well being so it's not the health issue, if there was one, which drives this law.

Me, never having anything on my record, never a threat to society, trust being everything I believe in, etc. Now faces a felony, loosing my job, and what is it going to say on my record? ?Felony for cultivation of illegal narcotics?; Might as well say this guys a fucking killer, runs meth labs and sells crack to kids as he fondles them... That should do my job hunting pretty well since everyone does background checks. I know it sounds like I'm worrying about something that hasn't happened yet, but I'm not. To tell you the truth I don't worry about it at all, I think the case will actually get thrown out due to an illegal search. The point I'm trying to convey is that it's absolute bullshit that money controls the decision of this country and the world for that matter. Where are the intelligent? The ones that stand up and say here is a drug, if done right, can do a lot of good for individuals not to mention the world, (a world full of shroomers what a great place that would be), let?s promote it and educate people about it instead of hide it and stamp it bad for money gain only. Unless it?s the intent of the government to reduce the amount of enlightened people; whole other topic, I won?t even go there. Where are the ones outside the government that are trying to change this pathetic law? Or is it that we are so repressed that our cry to be heard is ignored and dollar is in charge? Does anyone else think this is FUCKED UP?

Edited by CreativeLogic (09/08/05 03:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: She's got issues and I'm gonna pay [Re: CreativeLogic]
    #4634270 - 09/08/05 03:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Dude that needs paragraphs. But in short if you have been staying at the same place for 2 months and they haven't come back you are in the clear. Call a lawyer and have him check to see if you have a warrant out. I wouldn't trust your inside connection. Also just because its cultivation doesn't automatically make it a federall case.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC Flag
    #4634303 - 09/08/05 03:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Divide that into a few paragraphs and more people will read it. I gathered you got in a fight with your gf and the cops showed up? Did you tell her about the grow-op? If so, you broke the golden rule.

--------------------

InvisibleRustifer
prestige worldwide
Male

Loc: Central Texas
Re: She's got issues and I'm gonna pay [Re: mantis]
    #4634311 - 09/08/05 03:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That sounds like it wouldn't hold up in court regardless.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #4634324 - 09/08/05 03:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, that's fucked up....however, if the cops were going to do anything you'd have been locked up by now. In fact, you'd have been nailed the instant you walked into your house. I think you're in the clear dude; you said the cops themselves view your ex-gf as a psycho, and that mushrooms are never around town....the big deal was probably them going "holy shit, look what we found", and that's it; they probably don't even want to take the time and money to prosecute you. Either way, be careful and lie low.....avoid any illegal activities until you move away from the area.

--------------------

OfflineCreativeLogic
Land of no laws
Male User Gallery

Re: She's got issues and I'm gonna pay [Re: Rustifer]
    #4634344 - 09/08/05 03:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I know, I should have never let anyone know about the little grow room, that's a whole other story in of itself. The bigger picture I was trying convey is that I shouldn't have to hide it in the first place...

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between 15 and 45 degrees long...
Re: She's got issues and I'm gonna pay [Re: Rustifer]
    #4634350 - 09/08/05 03:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

good luck with that...and fuck that bitch. shove a quarter of mushrooms down her throat...or up her butt...and mind fuck her.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: She's got issues and I'm gonna pay [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4634369 - 09/08/05 03:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

what they said and...

what a bitch!

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #4634375 - 09/08/05 03:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

So... she broke into your house, lied to the police which gave them consent..

Get a good lawyer and you'll be fine. Sounds like anything they found won't hold up in court.

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: She's got issues and I'm gonna pay [Re: Adden]
    #4634437 - 09/08/05 03:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

S_2 said:

Get a good lawyer and you'll be fine. Sounds like anything they found won't hold up in court.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

OfflineCreativeLogic
Land of no laws
Male User Gallery

Re: She's got issues and I'm gonna pay [Re: Adden]
    #4634466 - 09/08/05 03:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Since she said she lived there it gave them consent, I think they probably walked around to the front door and saw the screen on the ground and window open and decided not further the search into the house. I did call a lawyer and he said it probably won't hold in court which is why I probably haven't heard anything yet. But they legally have a year to do anything with it. This isn't some little old hick town though, this is Orange County CA, so it may just be backed up in the system.

OfflineCreativeLogic
Land of no laws
Male User Gallery

#4634476 - 09/08/05 03:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

They already had it, what am I supposed to do say it's not mine, I own the house, whatever happens in my house I'm responsible for. That's not my concern anyway, I'll leave that to the paranoid. And if they are watching me, good, they'll be bored out of there mind. I don't worry about that stupid shit either.

OfflineJabbawaya

#4634493 - 09/08/05 03:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If it ever does go to court you have an excellent chance of winning, especially if you have a good lawyer.

That was definitely a breach of your 4th amendment search & seizure rights. It is unlikely in the first place that they could have obained a warrant based on the claims of one highly distraut witness alone; not to mention they performed the search without you being present (although they can do that sometimes).

You definitely wouldn't want to cultivate again in that garage :wink:. Hopefully some day soon you can start cultivation again someplace safe if this thing didn't totally rattle you (and I wouldn't blame you if it did).

Good luck! I think you'll be fine.

--------------------

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
    #4634536 - 09/08/05 04:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

im not for beating women... but that bitch definately needs to be smacked right in the fucking face... or go slash her tires or sumthin

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: She's got issues and I'm gonna pay [Re: motaman]
    #4634551 - 09/08/05 04:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

motaman said:
Quote:

S_2 said:

I'd hope to god that wouldnt hold up in court. If it does then our system is more fucked than I ever could have fathomed. A police officer cannot go into a home without reasonable suspicion. There was nothing out of the ordinary on the outside of your home or in plain sight which means no reasonable suspicion. She broke into YOUR home, called the police, and unlocked the doors to your garage leading them to your grow op. There is no way in hell that would hold up in court. She could have planted all of that shit there. If she had called the police from her house than they would have needed a warrant or some kind of reasonable suspicion to search by looking from the road at your house or inside of your house from the front door if you answered.

They probably know this and therefore they are not going to try and persecute you. However I wouldnt bank on that. Bank on the fact that you very well could be persecuted and they are watching you very closely now. Be careful and watch your steps man. Get everything else out of your home that has anything to do with cultivation.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: She's got issues and I'm gonna pay [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4634680 - 09/08/05 04:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mattzdope said:

She broke into YOUR home, called the police, and unlocked the doors to your garage leading them to your grow op. There is no way in hell that would hold up in court. She could have planted all of that shit there.

sums it up right there...

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: She's got issues and I'm gonna pay [Re: Cowgold]
    #4634712 - 09/08/05 04:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'd say that's right. Still and all, as S2 said: "get a good lawyer"...

OfflineCreativeLogic
Land of no laws
Male User Gallery

Re: She's got issues and I'm gonna pay [Re: Infrared]
    #4634727 - 09/08/05 04:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I've thought of a lot things I wanted to do in revenge, but then thought of what an attention whore she is, so I didn't say or do one thing about it, acted like I didn't know or care, I think that drove her crazy the most...

Edited by CreativeLogic (09/08/05 04:47 PM)

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4634741 - 09/08/05 04:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

1. Don't make any more posts.
2. Format your computer so that no traces of you ever admitting to this stuff exists.
3. Dont grow or do any drug related stuff for a good two years.
4. If the cops do come after you, don't fret because a good lawyer will get you off easy because of how shady the search was.
5. If for some weird reason you do get in trouble then don't worry too much. Your operation was small and any good lawyer could get that pleaded down to probation probably. It would probably be a misdemeanor and not a felony. If you had been caught selling...it would be a whole different ball game.

Edited by RandalFlagg (09/08/05 05:10 PM)

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
Re: She's got issues and I'm gonna pay [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4634784 - 09/08/05 05:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

dont format, just get a new hard drive, and format then trade your current drive...

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds