Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewuotan
tenderfoot

Loc: Hawaii
Spore syringe contamed on arrival?
    #4621340 - 09/05/05 12:26 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

So I recieved 2 spore syringes from Spores101. I made up my BRF/verm mix, filled, then sterilized the jars. Then, I opened the vaccum sealed bag that the syringes came in and ejected 2 jars with B+ and 2 jars with Brazilian. I put the jars in a dark warm place and left them there for a about 5 days. Upon inspection, the B+ jars had begun to colonize very well, but the Brazilians had large spots of green mold over each inoculation point. I threw out the contamed jars and made another batch.

I've been incredibly sterile in every step of the process, using tons of anti-bacterial soap, alcohol, and flame sterilization right before I injected.

Again, I inoculate 2 B+ and 2 Brazilian. 5 Days later I check up on them. B+ are fine, but Braz is contamed. I did the exact same thing with each of the jars and syringes, I don't see what the problem could be other than that my syringes came contaminated.

Has anyone experienced or heard of this before. What could I have done wrong? Do you think Spores101 would give me a refund or send me a replacement?

--------------------
Once I saw this wino who was eating grapes, and I said, "Dude, you have to wait". - Hedberg

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSillypcybin
Stranger
Re: Spore syringe contamed on arrival? [Re: wuotan]
    #4621444 - 09/05/05 12:51 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Try making liquid mycelial cultures and see how those come out.

OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Loc: the moon
Re: Spore syringe contamed on arrival? [Re: Sillypcybin]
    #4621453 - 09/05/05 12:53 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

pm spores 101 and ask...

--------------------

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4621821 - 09/05/05 07:17 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

wuotan said:
the Brazilians had large spots of green mold over each inoculation point.

Was this where the spore solution came out of the needle, or close to the injection port.
I have had no problems with spores101 syringes, and was very impressed with the vacuum packing and separate needle. No need to flame the needle out of the pack, it is sterile. Of course you must not touch the needle, I squeeze mine out of the packet at one end and screw on while still in the package. You must wipe the inoculation site and needle with alcohol between injections.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #4621849 - 09/05/05 07:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No big deal. I have recieved contamed syringes from vendors many times and they have always been very good about it. Shit happens contams can mix with the spores before the print was ever taken. Just get a hold of the vendor tell them exactly what you did and how you did it and they will be cool to ya.  :thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom