Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: honestly, Im quite scared.. [Re: kimikiri]
    #4618339 -

What society is your ideal society, from any time period.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: honestly, Im quite scared.. [Re: TheCow]
    #4618350 -

TheCow said:
What society is your ideal society, from any time period.



I think that is directed at me... and I will answer it...

The Aztecs


--------------------
Those who would sacrifice their freedoms for securities deserve neither, and will soon lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: honestly, Im quite scared.. [Re: kimikiri]
    #4618377 -

And what makes their lives so idellic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: honestly, Im quite scared.. [Re: TheCow]
    #4618389 -

TheCow said:
What society is your ideal society, from any time period.



I said, Aztecs

If you seriously want to learn more... How about listing their "perceived" flaws... and we can go from there.


This will be a fun exercise!


--------------------
Those who would sacrifice their freedoms for securities deserve neither, and will soon lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: honestly, Im quite scared.. [Re: kimikiri]
    #4618407 -

Huh, I know you said Aztecs, which is why I answered asking you why you thought they were so idellic.
Ha one thing I just read though, they sacrificed 20,000 people after a certain war they won.

Edited by TheCow (09/04/05 12:58 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: honestly, Im quite scared.. [Re: TheCow]
    #4618466 -

So have I.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: honestly, Im quite scared.. [Re: kimikiri]
    #4618500 -

kimikiri said:
Ravus said:
They would also die from simple wounds and basic diseases. Not to mention the potential for starvation, or getting killed by predators.

Why stop evolution? If you want go in the wild, go ahead, but the rest of humanity will continue towards an AI-ruled society.



Die from simple wounds...?

Ancient people had elaborate and sophisticated ways of dealing with minor wounds, infections, and basic diseases...

Starvation...?

The human race only ever experienced starvation when they switched from a hunter-gatherer type lifestyle to a sedentary farmer type lifestyle.

Getting killed by predators...?

Seriously this has to be your weakest argument... What race/nation/tribe/family... has ever been seriously threatened by a "predator" I think maybe you have seen to many movies to seriously believe that any "predator" on this planet can overcome a humans intelligence...



Actually, forensic evidence seems to indicate that the life of an ancient was quite short on the average. A lot never survived childhood and one would be very lucky to make it into their 30's, let alone become elderly, although a rare individual did make into old age from time to time....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: honestly, Im quite scared.. [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4618515 -

What's the point of living into old age anyway?  :shrug: Life sucks. I think the reason people don't end their lives immediately after reproducing and raising a child is the fear of death.


--------------------
Be the change that you want to see in the world.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

-Mahatma Gandhi

Edited by Starchild (09/04/05 01:39 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: honestly, Im quite scared.. [Re: Starchild]
    #4618518 -

Starchild said:
I think the reason people don't end their lives immediately after reproducing and raising a child is the fear of death.



Or the love of life?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: honestly, Im quite scared.. [Re: TheCow]
    #4618530 -

What's to love?


--------------------
Be the change that you want to see in the world.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

-Mahatma Gandhi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: honestly, Im quite scared.. [Re: Starchild]
    #4618536 -

You're saying that overpopulation of the Earth and the strain that puts on the evnironment would be OK because people love to live? They're not gonna love living when life becomes a lot more difficult because we've depleted our fossil fuels. Just playing devil's advocate here.


--------------------
Be the change that you want to see in the world.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

-Mahatma Gandhi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: honestly, Im quite scared.. [Re: Starchild]
    #4618537 -

Yourself and nothing else, because you're all you have in the end.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: honestly, Im quite scared.. [Re: Starchild]
    #4618540 -

Starchild said:
You're saying that overpopulation of the Earth and the strain that puts on the evnironment would be OK because people love to live? They're not gonna love living when life becomes a lot more difficult because we've depleted our fossil fuels. Just playing devil's advocate here.



I can only talk in the present, I cant predict peoples love or absence of love for life in your view of the future.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: honestly, Im quite scared.. [Re: TheCow]
    #4618546 -

TheCow said:
Starchild said:
You're saying that overpopulation of the Earth and the strain that puts on the evnironment would be OK because people love to live? They're not gonna love living when life becomes a lot more difficult because we've depleted our fossil fuels. Just playing devil's advocate here.



I can only talk in the present, I cant predict peoples love or absence of love for life in your view of the future.



Uhh, yeah, that's a responsible legacy to leave for our future generations.... :cuckoo:


--------------------
Be the change that you want to see in the world.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

-Mahatma Gandhi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: honestly, Im quite scared.. [Re: Starchild]
    #4618576 -

Starchild said:
TheCow said:
Starchild said:
You're saying that overpopulation of the Earth and the strain that puts on the evnironment would be OK because people love to live? They're not gonna love living when life becomes a lot more difficult because we've depleted our fossil fuels. Just playing devil's advocate here.



I can only talk in the present, I cant predict peoples love or absence of love for life in your view of the future.



Uhh, yeah, that's a responsible legacy to leave for our future generations.... :cuckoo:



Ha no whats apparently responsible is to kill ourselves.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: honestly, Im quite scared.. [Re: TheCow]
    #4618587 -

....when you've outlived your usefulness, yes. Or is overpopulation a good thing? Do you not agree with the idea that the Earth will one day be overpopulated, or do you simply not care?


--------------------
Be the change that you want to see in the world.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

-Mahatma Gandhi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: honestly, Im quite scared.. [Re: Starchild]
    #4618606 -

Usefulness is subjective, and you seem to want to apply your subjectivity to the whole of the population. I, while concerned about future generations, value my life more then random people. I feel my own family will be safe enough, and thus if in the long run it hurts other people vicariously, which you have yet to explain how, I am fine with it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: honestly, Im quite scared.. [Re: TheCow]
    #4618610 -

Seems reasonable that if overcrowding is what concerns you, maybe most of us should kill ourselves before we have kids?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: honestly, Im quite scared.. [Re: TheCow]
    #4618638 -

TheCow said:
Seems reasonable that if overcrowding is what concerns you, maybe most of us should kill ourselves before we have kids?



Well. First of all thanks for being reasonable with your response, because I can see how I may have come across as slightly hostile.

Anyway, I can't imagine a scenario in which overcrowding doesn't happen at some point. It may or may not be in our lifetime. But without some sort of widespread change in the approach to reproduction (IOW, limiting your offspring), overcrowding seems to be a certainty.

In my honest opinon, we (all humans everywhere) will need to learn to control our population or else we will be headed for absolute chaos. It will truly be survival of the fittest. And most of the population WON'T make it.

If you have a differing opinion, I'd like to hear it.


--------------------
Be the change that you want to see in the world.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

-Mahatma Gandhi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: honestly, Im quite scared.. [Re: TheCow]
    #4620376 -

TheCow said:
Huh, I know you said Aztecs, which is why I answered asking you why you thought they were so idellic.
Ha one thing I just read though, they sacrificed 20,000 people after a certain war they won.



The Aztecs were amazing...

The American economy today runs on oil.

The Aztec economy ran on human sacrifice.


--------------------
Those who would sacrifice their freedoms for securities deserve neither, and will soon lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Free Grateful Dead Concert of the Week, Red Rocks Amphitheater 1978 NWlight 752 6 04/03/12 11:33 PM
by bryguy27007
* Scared Still MrKlown 624 16 01/22/06 08:59 PM
by some1whoisntme
* Now I'm scared.........
( 1 2 all )
Robotic_touch 2,801 35 11/21/04 07:15 AM
by trendal
* honest question...
( 1 2 3 all )
looner2 4,376 54 01/10/05 04:04 PM
by Ripple
* Scared to death!!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 31 32 )
Zepplin 95,819 622 08/25/22 01:20 PM
by pineboy13
* songs that scare you!
( 1 2 all )
Animals 1,718 35 02/16/06 10:35 PM
by danlennon3
* I've NEVER been scared of my sneke!! WoodsCall 685 12 01/27/05 01:09 PM
by monkeybutt
* Name drug you are scared to try
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
protected_son 16,296 189 09/13/11 01:44 PM
by microdotty

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,022 topic views. 5 members, 313 guests and 225 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.